1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Zbroia Kozak Shroud

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Artie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Artie

Artie Well-Known Member

Hello everybody. I have been reading posts on this forum for sometime & have found it extremely informative. Thought it about time I joined.
    Today I have become the proud owner of a Zbroia Kozak (short version). I have tried it at the range & am very impressed. However it took quite a number of shots for accuracy to establish & it is not quite there yet.
    I feel that the barrel may need a good clean but as pull through will not pass through baffles, I need to remove the shroud. Can anyone give me a definitive answer (with pics if possible) of how to do this. I have seen similar questions asked before but answers have varied. Does the shroud simply unscrew or do I need to remove end cap where unf/external silencer attaches to shroud?
    Any advice or hints greatly appreciated.

talent and billy.whizz like this.
  2. Petay

Petay Donator

Should just unscrew anti clockwise mate and it will definitely need a clean

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  3. Kev The Fish

Kev The Fish Buxted Rifle Club Member

Hello Artie
    Yes the shroud simply unscrews anticlockwise. Just remove and clean with pull through if you like. Some have cleaned their barrels others have left alone and those who left them mainly seem to have suffered less accuracy issues. Mine is slowly leading in and tightening groups up. But is back for a repair to seals I assume as the moment due to slow air leak so sorry I can't send pictures.
    They seem to prefer middle to heavy weight pellets. Lightweight ones in mine anyway (Daystate LI's) were about the only pellets out of about 10 types tested that scattered over about 2" at 25m.
    JSB Heavies seem to be favoured
    Bisley Magnum/H&N Barracuda also pretty good
    H&N FTT'S were good
    JSB Diablo's good
    RWS Superfield also good
    As were Crosman premier (heavier ones)
    The barrels don't seem to be very fussy but will probably need feeding 5-6 mags at least of your favourite pellets to start gradually tightening your groups up (or that's what I seemed to find)
    Good luck & well done on your choice of rifle
    Kev

markturver and billy.whizz like this.
  4. Jukebox

Jukebox Posting Addict

Doesn't need cleaning mate....just put pellets through and it will settle.
    Worst thing I did was clean mine and it took ages to settle down again.

If you do insist in cleaning then dont bother removing the shroud.
    Get a drinking straw and push it down the end of the barrel...dont release it and if it's the right sized straw it will stop itself as the barrel is too tight to fit down.
    Push the pull through kit down and hey presto....easy peasy lemon squeezy:thumb:

billy.whizz and Kev The Fish like this.
  5. Artie

Artie Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for your advice. You are correct - the shroud simply unscrews. I was being cautious & didn't want to force anything!! Barrel not as dirty as expected!
    Thanks for pellet advice, Kev. I tried RWS superfields & crosman Premiers today. Started off with near shotgun grouping but after fifty shots or so reduced to around an inch (25m) but still with a few wild flyers. I was using a large (Logun) silencer which I suspect might be affecting accuracy. Also using an older scope which could have some issues.
    As you can see, I have plenty of experimenting / tinkering to come! It took ages to find the best pellets for my HW100KT (Baracuda FT) which is now pellet on pellet at 25m, so I have loads of half used tins knocking around to try.
    Hopefully gun will be leak free. Supplier held it for a week filled to 300 bar, before sending it out.

billy.whizz likes this.
  6. Kev The Fish

The Barracuda FT did give reasonable groups in my Kozzy. But once I get it back I will be trying loads of JSB Diablo's & Heavies through it and see if the groups tighten up
    I did do some strings under another Kozak thread about a week or so ago with a small pellet grouping pic but need to feed more through to settle it down as stupidly cleaned barrel and now taking a fair bit to lead in and settle.

billy.whizz likes this.
  7. RichieRich

RichieRich Kozak Advocate

Try the JSB Heavies, this is 2 full mags at 30m. That 5p covers the hole

2019-04-22 10.55.23.jpg

Jukebox, billy.whizz and PBaz Barrett like this.
  8. Artie

Artie Well-Known Member

Wow! Will be more than happy if mine groups as well as that! Looks like I need to try some JSB heavies.

Jukebox and billy.whizz like this.
  9. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me!'

Nice shooting, Yes i also had mine out this afternoon (.177 short). I was smashing acorns @ 80 - 100 yards. Super chuffed with it..

billy.whizz likes this.
  10. Kev The Fish

Though I would repost this if it helps on possible pellet choices

Results are not awful but not as tight as I normally do with my S400 (no real surprise as mine is a laser and I am really used to that set up)
    But I hope you can see below as my camera on phone is not too good and used paper not card so a bit ragged and ripped looking.

From left to right (Full 12 shot Mag in each)

Top Row
    H&N Barracuda FT
    Couple of fliers but maybe able to tighten up with more lead fired.

Row 2
    RWS Superfield
    Seemed to start creeping up gradually
    Again more lead run through may tighten groups.

Row 3
    H&N FTT
    Odd shot moved out of main groups but showing a lot of potential.

Row 4
    Bisley Magnum
    These were old pellets and not best condition hence this may explain odd flier. But again not awful and some new ones (or H&N Barracuda- same pellets basically but cheaper) may tighten up.

Overall not awful but I think some is down to Regulator throwing first couple of shots at higher velocity when left around 5-10 minutes
    Also found it is not getting anywhere near the amount of claimed shots per fill.

I can shoot better (honestly) as in bottom picture at 25m outdoors on a challenging windy day (with S400 & Cheap Chinese Scope)

I hope it is fixed soon so I can really give a decent test
    With more than 2-3 Mags of different brands to give it a fair test. (Was hitting the spinners, knockdowns and the bell fairly easily using Bisley Magnum & FTT's)
    Kev

.[​IMG][​IMG]

RichieRich likes this.
  11. billy.whizz

billy.whizz Busy Member

Artie, welcome too the club ,I hope you enjoy your new toy, and it makes you smile , most on here have enjoyed theirs . you say your supplier held your s for a week at full pressure ! who was your supplier please?.

12. Petay

Petay Donator

The barrel really should be pulled through, the Hortitsia I had was full of gunk. All barrels will be off after a clean and need leading in, the amount of leading in varies barrel to barrel as does how ofter it will need a clean there after. Many barrels never need a clean again but a clean from factory is best practice.

Any regulated gun should probably be dry fired once or twice when it's been left for a bit, then start shooting your group.

I've not stripped a Kozak but imagine barrel removal is the same as the Hortitsia in which case i'd remove it for cleaning. While its out check the TP as my Hortitsia was a little rough so i de-burred it.

As for pellet choice, JSB JSB JSB. Thats what i am told Zbroia recommend. My Hortitsia liked Exacts in 4.52.

Have a look at the first post in this thread, shows what the Zbroia barrels are capable of once set up.

13. Artie

Artie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome & thanks to everyone for all the helpful advice. I purchased via Big Dan's Airguns & he arranged with his supplier to hold the rifle to ensure regulator seated & no leaks etc. Dan has been fantastic with his advice & I feel confident that if
    any problems are encountered he would offer the required support.
    Think a trip to the range later today is in order! Will update.

GLB and billy.whizz like this.
  14. PBaz Barrett

I must say, I filled to 300bar and left my kozak a few days then shot it until it fell off reg. One thing I have noticed since, is that the pressure gauge on rifle now reads cock on. it
    read 20bar lower than actual pressure previously.. Also 1st 2 shot's after standing a while are now not as pronounced (higher).. :thumb:

Artie and billy.whizz like this.
  15. GLB

GLB Busy Member

likey likey jsb 4.52 8.4 grains exacts but it's good with most quality pellets IMG_20190303_155712367.jpg

16. PBaz Barrett

Yeah impressive stuff.. What range was that at?.. I find my Kozak likes the 4.52 10.34's.. I find them more stable at ranges 40-60 yards..

billy.whizz likes this.
  17. Kev The Fish

Must admit my gauge also seems to show around 20 bar less than bottle, I know they often show a bit lower, Think my S400 shows around 10 bar lower. Can't wait for mine to be returned so I can keep testing. Will try shooting her right down too...thanks for the advice
    Kev

billy.whizz likes this.
  18. Kev The Fish

Come on mate
    Get that head position correct or give it 1 click adjustment you are almost half a pellet out there

billy.whizz likes this.
  19. billy.whizz

billy.whizz Busy Member

mine is being picked up this sunday, taking my new toy away too fix it hopefully!, cant wait too get it back and get too shoot it properly and see the pellet go where I point the rifle.:)

20. GLB

GLB Busy Member

i have a twitch ;)