1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

X Files - Weird night shooting last night

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jimwise68, Jan 24, 2014.

1. jimwise68

jimwise68 Engaging Member

So... went shooting last night with a mate (his first time) and got to my permission and set up rifle with my NS200.

Tried to lock car and key fob battery was dead so had to do it the old fashioned way. Walked round to the fields (about 100 yards) and the car alarm goes off. Walk back check everything is ok, which it is and then set off again.

Get into field and my battery dies (fully charged from last use just over a week ago as per usual), put second battery on and within 10 minutes of occasional use the battery starts playing up and dies. Up to this point it wouldnt see any further than about 15 yards which in itself is very strange. While i was swapping batteries there is a rabbit squeaking which sounded like it was sitting right next to me. So I check the area with my red light and there are rabbits everywhere all sitting just out of the 15 yard area, i stand up as im peed off and the rabbits dont move, just carry on feeding. I walk back to car and get my original huge NS battery only to find that it too is dead.

So decide to call it a night and both my mates and my phones are totally dead and I cant even turn mine on. His had about 50% charge before we left (which was only about an hour in the field) and mine had about 30%.
    so i plug mine in and it turns on with 25% charge already in it.

Now we are both looking at each other and thinking something weird is afoot. All 3 NS200 batteries had died, the key fob battery had died, the battery in the car had lost power hence the alarm going off and two phones had died.

I've shot this permission lots of times over the past year or so and this has never happened before, in fact i can say nothing like this has ever happened before.

Weird or what?

2. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

Check the back of your neck ,you may find a small, chip like insert made from materials not of this solar system. You may also have been away for many years but only remember the nights lamping.

Other than that I have no idea what was going on!
    Regards,Stu

3. jimwise68

So thats where all my grey hair has come from :D

4. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    OMG...check to see if you were....I can't bring myself to say it......."Probed" in any way :eek:

5. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

6. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, just one word spooky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. trumpetier

trumpetier Pro Poster

mmmm very strange indeed....all i can say is its a good job you were out with a mate, far to spooky if you were on your own...i dont go lamping anymore, done it a few times over the years but i have never liked the dark, my imagination runs away with me. I still felt uneasy when i walked the fields at night with a 12 bore let alone an airgun :eek:

8. jimwise68

I usually go alone and don't mind it but have had a couple of times where I've heard some weird sounds and the imagination starts kicking in. But that's all part of the fun.

9. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Were you anywhere near a telecommunications transmitter mast? Mobile phone mast?

There is one near me that causes the same symptoms to car alarm fobs, setting off alarms and other weird electrical anomalies.

10. resnikov

resnikov Busy Member

11. jimwise68

No, its my permission i have had for a while and never had any troubles there before. Thought it may of been the cold, but it was relatively warm and I have used all the gear before in much colder conditions without any problems. Just found it very strange that all the batteries packed up.

12. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Some other force at play then, not suggesting it could be paranormal (although I do subscribe) but there are many aspects we still don't understand about the planet we live on and our environment, that if we did would probably explain the sequence of events....

Nah lets go with an alien abduction.... if your backside feels like you have recently given birth to a king kong finger you've definitely been taken and been played with! :D

13. jimwise68

LOL im with you on the subscription and not understanding all about this planet.

Had not time loss though so not an alien abduction this time.

I thought it may of been solar activity but checked a few websites and there hasnt been any large flares or CMEs over the last few days.

14. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Yeah but they take you and then put you back a few moments before (kinda like the thrill seekers movie)

It's the sore ring piece that's the give away and maybe the aching gonads.

15. jimwise68

The crafty fookers!!

lol no sore ring or aching gonads so all good.

16. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

:D

Why didn't you bag the rabbits if they were acting so stupid?

Could have walked around in the pitch black squashing them! :D

17. jimwise68

I couldnt get the rabbits as the NS200 wasnt working properly, couldnt get vision past about 15 yards even before the batteries gave up the ghost. Was very frustrating as all i could see was bright area up to about 10-15 yards, then a sort of horizon line to darkness and an eye reflection only sitting in the dark area, couldnt even see the outline of the rabbit. Then the screen would start to get noise as the battery died, tried turning the power down but it just made things worse. Definitely had something working against us.

18. cornishcreek

cornishcreek Donator

Thank . your car battery didn't go flat!

19. jimwise68

Could have been a Wolf Creek moment.

20. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Very strange jim....u should of removed the ns and lamped the rabbits with your red torch