1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

written permission for shooting on private land

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mike_uk, Apr 3, 2014.

1. mike_uk

mike_uk Newbie

hi everyone I've been given permission to shoot and a friends farm im going up there tomorrow for him to give me a letter saying I can shoot on his land what needs to be in the letter cheers mike

2. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

I have permission to shoot on land but I dont have anything in writing .the landowners word is enough for me and anyone who thinks I shouldnt be there can go and ask them lol atb

3. yorkshireshoot

yorkshireshoot Posting Addict

It's kinda right what Essex has said you don't even need written permission but just something saying I xxxxxxxx , give xxxxxxxx permission to shoot in my land borders should suffice

4. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

I have permissions, none in writing, but that's Norfolk!

5. mike_uk

mike_uk Newbie

thanks everyone

6. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

As above lots of people don't give written permission as it is easy to fake.
    Cheers Andy

7. Hunter 001

Hunter 001 Donator

8. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

9. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

But manly landowners and estates will not allow you to use written permission. For the reason below.

Case 1. The farm tractor drivers wife is out dog walking the dogs and bumps into a man she does not know who has a gun.
    She asks what he is doing. He says he has permission from the estate owner, and hands over a permission slip.
    The lady says good morning and carries on with her day.
    No one realises the permission slip was fake until she speaks to her husband that night.

Case 2. The farm tractor drivers wife is out dog walking the dogs and bumps into a man she does not know who has a gun.
    She asks what he is doing.
    He says he has permission from the estate owner she says ok and carries on. But as soon as she is out of sight she makes a phone call to the gamekeeper the poacher gets caught.

Many farms and estates use the above policy never giving written permission. If in doubt someone is to phone the gamekeeper / whoever.

The estates even tell the police "we don't give permission slips and our shooters don't call you before going shooting. So if you see someone who looks suspicious just ring us day or night"
    Cheers Andy

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  10. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Both of my permissions I know the farmers and their wife's - kids as well and most of the people who have horses etc round the farm
    I don't have anything written down as I have know the guys for years

cheers
    simon

11. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Yeah ok, but what about wimpy landowners?:D

Just going...............

12. stevieh

stevieh Active Member

I Fred Bloggs of ADDRESS give Joe Bloggs permission to hunt/shoot vermin within the boundaries of my property.
    Signed and dated.
    On a letter head with contact details preferably.

13. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Do a bit of searching on this forum there's some decent word templates. Personally I don't bother.

14. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

As most have said, written permission isn't required and isn't really of any real benefit. If there were a situation and the police were called, even if you showed written/signed permission, they would still speak to the owners. ;)

15. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

some I have written permission for some I don't to be honest when I shoot if im on one I have written permission for I never have it with me.
    and I have also never needed it for any reason at all. the only thing

16. sneakysniper

sneakysniper Donator

Be careful asking for written permission as one of the farmers where i shoot cannot write and it isn't necessary anyway.
    i have all their contact numbers on my mobile if i ever encounter any drama.

17. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Here is the one I use, not sure if I found it on BASC but I like it!

Open it with MS Word.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  18. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

My work (farm) wouldn't even write a letter Cus he's old school "yeh goo-on then, shoot the bas#%@ds"

19. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

When I was hunting, I obtained written permission from all of my permissions.
    I appreciate that not everyone bothers, it is a personal thing between you and the land owner.
    The most important thing in my book is having suitable insurance cover for the once in a lifetime event of something going tits up. One land owner asked specifically to see the insurance policy - no-one had ever approached him to hunt on his land and he wanted to make sure that he wasn't creating problems for himself.

20. harry brown

harry brown Banned

I agree with the above. Although I have written permission including detailed marked up maps of boundaries and footpaths (to save any problem with the police who cannot map read anyhow ;)) I wouldn't thrust a permission slip and pen into any landowners/tenants hand. Better to leave a couple of copies with them to sign at their leisure and let them keep one and hand your copy back when they have time.
    Seems strange the different attitudes to perm slips on forums. I prefer the more chilled and realistic attitude adopted here compared to some other forums.