1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Why me!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by MOO, Jul 19, 2008.

1. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

Just had the district nurse round to change my dressing and she asks whats happened to your car. I look to see some one has smashed my back windscreen overnight. I phone the police and get a crime number and the insurance company. They are coming to repair it Tuesday but its going to cost me £60.00 excess. I've done nothing wrong and it costs me £60 quid. Steve is away and so is my brother, I can't even hoover up the broken glass because i'm not allowed to lift the hoover with my torn belly. I have to make my car secure until Tuesday and it's now pouring with rain. I've phoned my uncle to come and help out. Why me is what I am thinking, haven't I had enough bad luck lately, boooooooooo :mad::(

2. cossieboy

cossieboy Member

sorry to hear about that moo

3. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

I know the feeling moo, a couple years ago i was getting ready for work and someone knocked on my door to tell me i had a broken window.
    Some w**ker had put an hammer through the drivers side window. :mad:

4. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

Sorry to here that moo if i'd lived closer to you i would have come and helped you out with it

5. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

Thanks mate, thankfully my uncle lives about a mile down the road, he's coming to sort it out for me. RAC can't get the glass until Tuesday but it's not the end of the world as I'm not allowed to drive yet anyway so my car is going nowhere :(

6. 8-ball

8-ball Engaging Member

Why do some people have to behave like real w**k**s
    Sorry to hear your news
    They'll pay for it one day...what goes around comes around....

7. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

flaming youths i bet you:mad:

give us good ones a bad name:rolleyes:, you know what people are like with their brushes and painting:rolleyes:

the club got their boat engines pinched a while back as well, its just all an inconvinience.

they think they are hard and clevar and a real gangsters or big time criminals but in reality they are just a pathetic pain in the butt:rolleyes:

they say they do that stuff because theres nothing better to do.
    well i know id rather be bores crapless than just be a pain in the arse just to pass the time.

fact is there isnt much you can do but to get on with it and leave the car as before, show them they arent the hard core crimanals they think:rolleyes:

8. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

It gets better, there is no brick or anything through my screen, can't see what broke it. My brother believes my neighbour who was strimming the verge between mine and his may have hit a stone on it last night. Can't prove anything so I can't accuse him but its shattered into tiny pieces everywhere and we think it may be him (this is the tosser who dug my path up a few weeks ago). Anyway, managed to get hold of one of the fitters at work who has cleaned up and put a tarpaulin over it for me, just got to wait for the RAC now and hand over my hard earned £60 excess :(

9. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

car windows are usually quite tough and they dont just break by accident.

well unless you are a compleate idiot:D

it would take somone to physically strike it with force for it to shatter.
    i may have broken a window or 2 in my life but i swear the cars were scrap!:D

10. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

Sorry to hear that Moo, in your situation that's the last thing you need, tossers aren't they :mad:

11. gazzaman

gazzaman Member

i sympathise with you mate, my old car had back window smashed, couldnt afford to call someone out... had to take day off work, go to scrappies, remove window and refit myself!! which took hours!!...... 30 quid for window and loss of a days pay!!!!:mad:

12. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

The police came, i told them I thought next door had done it with his mower, they went and asked him, I could hear over the fence, maybe he said I don't know and he laughed out loud. He knows it was him and has done F*** all about it. I've had it replaced and it cost me £60 excess on the insurance, not that much I know, but it seems harsh I pay out when i've done nothing wrong except park in my own garden :(

13. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

you made me think about my insurance now.
    the punto van is on a fleet insurance but it'll cost £500 exess if i prang it

14. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

Don't prang it then :D:D

15. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

well good old welsh roads....nothing to crash into bar the corners:p

16. bucky

bucky Busy Member

sozzzzzzzz

bad luck,,,,,,,,,,,but dont let it get to you..ive had days when ive felt like jumping in the dock,,,,,{i live by the sea} but ive fought through it,,,,,now im stronger for the experience

17. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

lucky sod:D
    a well im only 4 miles away:p

18. simply james

simply james Banned

sorry to hear this moo mate.

19. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

And me Tina:(

20. MARTIN1

MARTIN1 Engaging Member

mate you aint the only one,some ones tried robbin my car last thursday,i wanted to report it but cant as ive owned it a month and dont want my insurence going up.
    we are basicly paying insurence for the privelage of driving,that is all.
    full comp i am and i cant make a claim with out paying and im the victim.

thin is to is i know there on my flats cameras but security will not rewind the cameras and let me see,they say call the police if you wwanna see them.

so whats the point in my block having cameras or security?
    its a joke

if i call the police and they nick sum 1 i face getting my car smashed worse then i will no doubt have to claim,
    ITS WRONG,

ps if i lived local mate i would of come give you hand cleaning it up,im that kind of person,do any thing for any one but fook with me and il rip your head off,if only the security would show me the camera,probly best they dont,been a week now and im still up till stupid hours waiting to see if they come back,and if i catch them and hurt them i go jail?

law makes sense dont it,thats all i can say