1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Why don't weihrauch use walnut?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tomsteebs, Oct 10, 2014.

1. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Just thinking,

Why don't Hw offer walnut for their springers?

I think a hw97kt in walnut would look pretty snazzy.

Yes prices would inflate, but air arms are managing.

2. martin22

martin22 Donator

this is something ive allways wondered too as they offer walnut on there pcp's so why not springers?
    with the supposed laminate shortage after that factory burned down we may start to see more walnut options available soon though for the hw specials,fingers crossed :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  3. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

hw35E is walnut. there where some others years ago but didn't really sell so guess they just stopped.

4. Peter Norris

Peter Norris Posting Addict

I totally agree plus more left handed / ambidextrous options. Fed up with being left handed and left eyed and being short changed !!!!!

5. jw74

jw74 Posting Addict

I couldn't agree more.I have a 97kt and the only thing I would like now is a tiger striped walnut thumbhole stock for it.atb jw

6. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Because their germans and frightened of change ..im all for the if it aint broke dont fix it but they need to move with the times atb

7. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Id put it down to germans are all for practacality and good with it

8. essex sniper

If you dont mind me asking but how is a wooden beech stock more practical than a wooden walnut stock atb

9. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Alot cheaper matt dont get me wrong i hate beech but if u look at prices beech usally warrent at least £100 diffrence

10. mattyts

mattyts Donator

But why not still offer the option Dave? They don't have much to loose,I'm sure it would increase sales.

Also,they offer walnut on 100s so I'm not sure if it's practicality.

11. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

I could be wrong but I think that Weihrauch do offer a much more varied selection of stocks than we see here in the UK. What is imported is done so by Hull Cartridge, and they import what they know will sell easily, which is fair enough.

I could be wrong, though.

12. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Dont no matty im a powder coater not a hw executive i agree if a gun has a beech stick first thing i do is dump it usally but id expect its to keep price down if im truly honest only reason i sold my cricket is it wasnt walnut as i orderd

By praticality i was meening cost effective making it more pratical to shooters not perfection seeking collectors

13. Patrick

Patrick Donator

As DG says beech is a lot cheaper and it's also very practical as it's easy to work with and it's very stable.Walnut,the attractive stuff, comes from the lower part of the tree,the upper part is quite plain and I don't think it's as stable,the highly attractive stuff.Perhaps there's a stockmaker on here that can tell us more.

14. landymick

landymick Very Active

Probably they don't feel the need to supply all models in Walnut & keep it simple for stock & cost reasons.They use to build custom sporters in Walnut in the early days & had factory Walnut stocks as options as well as 35E,35L,55T,55M,55S,80T,77T & limited edition 77.So they know all about it well enough.

15. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

While I undertstand the whole supply and demand thing, surely air arms are managing okay, and I bet Hw sell more springers

16. mikemjm

mikemjm Donator

17. Wynne G Oldman

Wynne G Oldman Engaging Member

I'm sure that if Hatsan can sell a rifle with a walnut stock for not much over £100, Weihrauch could easily sell their springers with walnut stocks for say £50 more than the beech versions? Perhaps there's just not that much demand for them?

18. mikemjm

mikemjm Donator

ask Terry Doe to have a word with Hans next time he's visiting the factory?

19. essex sniper

FAir enough dave you are right. But they should give you the option. If cumosters want to spend the extra why not let em atb

20. essex sniper

I think you'll find mate walnut comes from walnut trees which are slow growers. Beech stocks come from beech trees which are faster growers and a lot more common. And beech just isn't as good as walnut atb