1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Why do I do it???

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by zippo1973, Oct 10, 2014.

1. zippo1973

zippo1973 Donator

I've finally got my HW100 set up as I like it and keep telling myself not to mess and tinker with it. Then I go and get myself some shiny silver scope mounts (finally got them fitted, see my other thread, Re: BKL mounts), and realise that I was happier with my SportsMatch mounts instead. So now I've re-mounted my scope about half a dozen times in the last 24 hours and will have to waste shooting time at the range zeroing it again. Why do I do it??? :mad:

2. jw74

jw74 Posting Addict

I'm glad its not just me! There always seems to be something ha

3. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    i'm a tinkerer too ..... glad its not just me !
    the worst thing is, i keep drilling into matty - if its not broke, it dont need fixing ...... maybe i should take my own advice ...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  4. mattyts

mattyts Donator

You can't improve if you don't deviate :p

5. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

Simple sportsmatch make the best airgun mounts the rest are Censored

6. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Better than me once my setup is shooting bang on and its just right I normally sell it and get a whole new setup and start all over again

7. milek

milek Honorary Member

Well I'll take them of your hands Nick if you don't want them. Best mounts I ever used.

8. zippo1973

zippo1973 Donator

Your's if you want them Mick, I'll bring them to mill over the weekend and we can sort it out.

9. milek

milek Honorary Member

1" Nick?

10. zippo1973

zippo1973 Donator

Sorry mate 30mm

11. milek

milek Honorary Member

Damn. No worries, thanks for the offer.

12. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

The "Stella Artois" of mounts then eh? In other words, reassuringly expensive :)

13. mattyts

mattyts Donator

If only that was true :p

14. Gunfun

Gunfun Engaging Member

Just been through the same recalibration procedure myself, recently got 2 guns tuned (PCP & springer) & then brought a new scope that required I swope 2 scopes on my rifles. Result -
    1) Shoot 100 plus pellets through the springer to settle new internals.
    2) Chrono range of pellets (10 shots each through the springer/through the fill range on the PCP)
    3) Chairgun - Measure new scope heights and approx new zero and holdover positions.
    4) New scope - Check mildot at stated magnification and find they are wrong, so mark up zoom ring in correct position.
    5) Shooting Range - Test choosen pellets for grouping at long range.
    6) Adjust Chairgun/holdover/rifle power to match theory to reality.
    7) Vow you are not going to be tempted by another tune, scope, rifle, pellet etc

15. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

Well I was going to add that I have 4 sets of mounts, all cheap n chearful ones although at least 2 sets look very well made and I've tried them all at some point. I found no difference in either their accuracy, nor their ability to hold on with recoil forces from my 60s. Two have built in arrestor pins and the other two don't. Three are twin mounts/rings and one is the single piece mount variety with arrestor pin. No difference to shooting or moving. I just couldn't be bothered to say, but changed my mind ha! :rolleyes:;):D

My favourite one's? The twin mount one's that came with my £48 Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 4-12x50 AO pre-fitted. Now they must be cheap if the whole lot was only 48 quid, but they appear to be made well, they have an arrestor pin under the rear one so they physically cannot move and the allen bolts don't come loose. Accuracy with this scope/mounts is stunning and it NEVER loses it's zero. I rest my case. Now, where's that case of Stella gone :D.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  16. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I like BKLs myself,I've had 4 sets of BKLs and 4 sets of Sportsmatch,1 pair of the Sportsmatch was faulty and mis aligned.

I prefer BKLs due to their design,the 1 piece dovetail clamps mean they are never offset,there are a few companies that follow the same design. :)

17. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

Just goes to show that the "so called best" by many can also get it wrong now and then I guess. It then follows I think that the "£17 rubbish" I have can work well 'most' of the time too in my experience. Put it this way, I don't have to shoot around corners to be very accurate ;).

The stella thing was a joke BTW. I haven't had anything except a pint weak larger shandy once or twice a year for the last 20 years. Discipline or what? lol (Some would say stupidity no doubt :D).

18. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

hmm 30mm shiny bkl's I would be interested in them if high mounts :)

19. zippo1973

zippo1973 Donator

Medium mounts mate

20. Big Uli

Big Uli Donator

Because you like things to look a certain way
    I'm the same and I do overspend getting my guns exactly as I want them
    I'm known to get them just right and then sell them as I get bored ones the tinkering is done
    However I have sworn to myself I'm not going to do that again