1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Why are our troops over there?

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by andyhawkx3, Apr 7, 2008.

1. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Is it in the British interest, what are our lads, dieing for, l don't know, do you....

2. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

Iraq or Afganistan?.
    Either way mate our boys should not be getting killed there.
    Crazy thing is that in Iraq, the insurgents are all CIA trained (pre Saddam) and in Afganistan the Mujahadeen and Al Quada are mostly SAS and CIA trained.
    Essentially the bad guys use the same (if not better) tactics as our own troops!. (and are better equipped thanks to there pals in Iran!).

We cant win there, bring them home!.
    Total waste of lives and money!.

OOH wheres me soap box!:mad:

Ian;)

3. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

To answer your question in a word......FUEL

4. Haselsh1

Haselsh1 Jack Uzi

I don't understand why it is British troops have to go out and fight to lose to ensure that the USA has a future supply of crude oil. We've been in this situation in Northern Ireland and the USA of course has Vietnam (and constantly remind us of it), didn't either nation learn anything from it's own previous stupidity...???

Why is it that the head of each country orders it's own men to go and die and yet the head of that country is safe and sound tucked away in a concrete bunker somewhere where the World cannot reach them...??? Why is the head of that country so pathetic that he or she does not get out there and lead by example...??? A couple of centuries ago that would have been the case. Now, these feeble, pathetic creatures cower away in hiding whilst ordering young men and women to die.

It makes me sick and I served Queen and country for nine bloody years.

5. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

That's pretty much the underlying truth.

6. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

there would be no taliban or suiside bombers if there was no such thing as religeon.

they are fighting to die for some . of some sort and the more they fight the better the heaven they go to will be.

if there was no relegon and no heaven/hell they wouldnt be as happy to blow themselves up.

these taliban soldiers are figting over their religeon.:confused:

im not a religeous person and dont believe in got heave or hell, the world would be a better place without it.

7. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

The important thing to understand is that this isn't a war; we're not fighting another army, or a leader, we're up against an entire mind-set.

When everyone in the middle-east believes in paradise after death, and are fed lies about the west being "evil", how can you win?

8. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

its all about the petro dollar;)

9. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Basically :up:

10. sirok

sirok Guest

PNAC behind 9/11, they create another Pearl Harbour, public outrage gives US power to pass Patriot Act, overpower the UN, invade two countries and essentially reform the middle east and gain control of 60% of the worlds remaining oil supplies - US fear growing power of China in 21st century.

pipeline the US wanted for years in Afgan gets green light for construction day 1 of Hamid Karzai's US propped govt....open season on Iraq.

US claim Al quaida/Osama Bin Laden and Saddam are linked together (despite the fact that two ideologies could not be further apart) with Saddam plotting to use WMD, chemical/biological against the West.

Blair claims Iraq has missiles capable of striking England within 45 min's.

Under international law and UN charter the war in Iraq is illegal and the agressors such as Bush/Blair should be tried as war criminals for the estimated 600k dead Iraqi civilians...

I've read so many books on the subject, this barely scratches the surface.

11. atko

atko Active Member

FUEL. basicly our lads are going to be there for at least another 30 years or so, so iv heard of my brother, there is still soldiers waiting to be born!!!

12. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i looked at joining the navy (as a plan b in my uni plans go tits up)
    i always liked the sea and all i do apart from shooting is boating, either sailing or the speed boat or fishing boat

if things do go wrong the war might still be going if i (unlikley) sign up

13. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Things are already wrong, this war can never stop unless someone backs down, and it won't be them :mad:

14. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

the taliban are 100ds of years old they aren't stoping now

15. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

We could offer them Creme Eggs, nobody can resist them :up:

16. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i dont know them taliban are so domented i dont think the eggs will work even in this jokeing kind of way:D

17. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

Been to Iraq three times, and Afghanistan once. Even though I'm out of the army in less than two months, I wouldn't hesitate to go to either again if I was asked.

The reasons behind it don't bother me, all I know is I have a job to do.

The less I think about the reasons why I'm there, the better.

18. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

have you retired then?:confused:

19. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

Retired at 22!!!! That would be awesome!! :D:D:D

Nah, I've jacked it in.

20. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

sorry. its 40 you have to retire is it?

what are you doing job wise now then?