1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Which Variant???

Discussion in 'Technical' started by John Haytack, Nov 30, 2019.

1. John Haytack

John Haytack Newbie

Hi all,
    My first post so bear with please.
    I'm looking to buy a Weihrauch 100.
    Not sure which model to go for as I want to add a larger after market airbottle.
    I would like the longer rifle, T version, but with the laminate (brown/green) stock with the adjustable cheek piece.
    Not sure I can get all the options on the one gun.
    Advise please.

Deejayuu likes this.
  2. Brian Richardson

Brian Richardson Old gezzer...

First off a very warm :welcome: to our most excellent forum it’s great to have you here . I have the HW100s 177 fantastic rifle. You have a great choice with the 100 you won’t be disappointed with it wot ever one you decide on. Just take your time to make sure you get the right one for you. Brian...:thumb:

Wing Commander and TR158 like this.
  3. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Welcome John

Is this the buddy bottle kit that comes with the brown/green laminate stock?

4. Jonnyg2210

Jonnyg2210 Engaging Member

If you’re looking for a hw100 to convert to a buddy bottle, it wouldn’t matter which variant you purchase

Just make sure all is functioning correctly, and it’s accurate,

bear in mind your going to spend circa £450 more for the conversion

also worth bearing in mind should you decide to move it on that you won’t get back what you’re investing

personally I would look at rifles designed as bottle guns (plenty to choose from)

each to their own though

TR158 likes this.
  5. sharpsman

sharpsman Big Poster

Personaly if it was me and i wanted a bottle fed gun i would just get a rapid and use the spare cash else where , or just get a 100 and forget about a bottle they are good as they are .

TR158 likes this.
  6. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

Yes....but when you can have a side loading rapid equivalent without buying a Raw for under half the price, it’s well worth doing :D. I do have 4 other rapids though so now I’m worried that all my rifles are all turning into rapids :D

I’m glad I did one of mine.
    Thanks
    Tim B

BE7EA934-29C6-437E-A1D4-A45D521AFA87.jpeg

Jeffsky, Gary Jones, Philpot and 3 others like this.
  7. keithy

keithy Keyboard Hero

I would get the full length bullpup, expensive but worth it.
    I have a laminate100t in Autumn forest brown and black its great. You can still get them in this colour but it is a special order. The laminate stocks do show scratches etc quite badly most of my guns are black synthetic bullpups as no matter how careful you are you will mark a wood/laminate stock if you go hunting especially in the dark.

8. Inca

Inca Posting Addict

Tim, without wishing to derail this thread that is a stonking looking conversion. Who makes the stock, what’s the scope and what’s that silvery sticky out but well forward of the magazine? A few more photos and words, perhaps in a thread of its own, would be much appreciated.

Tim_B likes this.
  9. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

Inca and Jeffsky like this.
  10. Jeffsky

Jeffsky Cocking handle king

I have seen this in the flesh and it is a stunning looking rifle

Tim_B likes this.
  11. Crom

Crom Crom is your Göd

???? Second hand original Theoben Rapid kicks spots off a HW100 with a bottle :cool:

Tim_B likes this.
  12. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

Good job I have 4 then Steve :D. But it’s not side lever - to get a ‘side lever rapid’ you need to by raw.

13. Crom

Crom Crom is your Göd

Ah I see - I actiually prefer the original Rapids side "bolt". Wouldn't buy a RAW on principle - aaaah principles, remember the days before the Snowflake generation - when people had those? lol

14. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

Does it make me old if I said yes? :D

15. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

I bought a KT in 22 in haste.
    Whilst it's undeniably accurate I'm not keen on 22 unless it's a springer.
    Also the KT stock is a terrible fit, less so the adjustable but I don't get on with the grip.
    Last week I picked up a used sporter rifle length in 177. It felt very good. I offered a swap there and then but there was much sucking of teeth so I walked away.
    Do try both as the KT is quite diminutive in size and specific in fit. The sporter is far roomier and the rifle has the longer cylinder for more shot capacity.