1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Which Umarex Co2 Underlever?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by ibo7, Aug 15, 2019 at 5:13 PM.

1. ibo7

ibo7 Post Whore

I'm considering an Umarex co2 underlever cowboy rifle but only want a pellet firer and I'm not looking for a shell-ejecting version. Seeing as there's a few different models can anyone help point me in the right direction?
    I feel @Wild Bill is the man to ask for this!

oedbachgen likes this.
  2. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Yes Wild Bills the man ibo7. Got the mag pellet one, and fired the BB shell ejector one, but not seen a pellet firing ejector one?

ibo7 likes this.
  3. ibo7

ibo7 Post Whore

I'm only looking for a pellet non-ejecting one

oedbachgen likes this.
  4. VIKING6661

VIKING6661 Post Whore

Daisy rider? Believe that’s bb only

ibo7 likes this.
  5. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Sorry ibo7, I read your thread wrong:oops:. The mag pellet firer I have the Walther Winchester which cost £340 see pic, you can have the black finish or the Wells Fargo, there is a John Wayne one which has the larger cocking lever, but this don't look right has comes with a shorter under cartridge holder, and I've never seen John Wayne using one like that.

[​IMG]

ibo7 likes this.
  6. Wild Bill

Wild Bill CO2 Firearm fan.

What would you like to know mate? I have a standard one, 2 magazines. 88gram Co2 version and Oed has got a stainless version.

P1020422.JPG

PS, you might be interested in a Colt SAA I might be selling. ;) Duke Nickel Pellet version.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 8:04 PM
    ibo7 and oedbachgen like this.
  7. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

What's your feeling on the John Wayne one Wild Bill.

8. Wild Bill

I like them. I'd have one if one came up cheap enough. :up:

This one:
    3-small.jpg

oedbachgen likes this.
  9. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

I like the cocking lever Wild Bill, but I've never seen a John Wayne in a cowboy film using a Winchester with a short cartridge holder.

10. justin edwards

justin edwards Member

i cant help sorry.. but ive been looking at these the last few days look like a good laugh for the back garden seriously tempted by the
    Umarex Legends Cowboy Rifle Underlever Lever Action that andy took a look at

11. Wild Bill

Oed, the Duke rifle is modelled on the 1892 Model Winchester as used by Wayne in the 1939 movie stagecoach. But even that one did not have the short magazine tube.
    1892_jw_winchester_framed.jpg

oedbachgen and ibo7 like this.
  12. ibo7

ibo7 Post Whore

Just wanted to know which are the best ones as it seems there's a few. I've got a Colt SAA already so a Winchester would look nice next to it

Wild Bill likes this.
  13. Wild Bill

Yes we know about that one bit they are plastic and shoot BB's (and pellets). The OP is asking about the wood stocked pellet firers.

ibo7 likes this.
  14. Wild Bill

Well the wood stocked versions are all the same, just different finishes. I love my black metal version. There is the Brass Wells Fargo version, the Black version, the stainless version and the Duke version.

maxresdefault.jpg P1020422.JPG

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 11:05 PM
    oedbachgen and ibo7 like this.
  15. ibo7

ibo7 Post Whore

Are they all essentially the same with the regular rotary mag?

16. Wild Bill

yes mate.:thumb:
    WalkingAnt.gif

ibo7 likes this.
  17. rbov

rbov Well-Known Member

Hi mate,

If you do end up getting one of these rifles they are great to shoot and I find mine really quite accurate. I purchased a Walther co2 adapter and would recommend it to anyone, those 88g bottles are around £8 a piece last time I bought one.

Found a Walther adaptor on Amazon. You can get them from most online gun shops but I got mine from “the bay”, probably JS Ramsbottom.

https://www.jsramsbottom.com/umarex...cx4-storm-co2-adapter-set-88g-to-2-x-12g.html

ATB

ibo7 likes this.
  18. Wild Bill

I buy 6 x 88g co2 at JS ramsbottoms for 25 quid. Bargain.And over 300-400 shots from a single co2. :thumb: WalkingAnt.gif

ibo7 and rbov like this.
  19. ibo7

ibo7 Post Whore

That's actually pretty reasonable considering shot count vs buying the 12g ones

20. Geezer

Geezer Post Whore

The earlier version of these used two 12g CO2s, which if you don’t shoot a lot may be a better idea than the current 88g version. The buttplate also looked more authentic.

They used to make a short version with a 16” rather than 20” barrel. I have one. Honestly, I’d prefer the 20”. The shorty is very muzzle light and butt heavy, unlike the original. It is fine once in the shoulder, but the balance is off otherwise.

ibo7 likes this.