1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

which MTC scope??

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by adamk4y, May 27, 2014.

1. adamk4y

adamk4y Engaging Member

Hi I am in the market for a new scope and fancy a MTC but can't decide which one?? I like the look of the genesis but I will be mainly hunting so the mamba lite appeals to me. I don't mind the price.of either I am just curious of any opinions of anybody who owns either of these scopes just to help me out a bit. Cheers. Adam.

2. Pelletpower

Pelletpower Donator

I've got the genesis and a viper,

Both great scopes and the clarity in the optics is spot on...it makes my hawke eclipse SF look like it's got vasaleen smeared over it.

I prefer the viper to the genisis, I'm not a lover of the reticle in the genesis.

3. Stevenb

Stevenb Donator

I would go for the taipan,I've got the viper and mamba lite but prefere the taipan.hawke scopes are very good too.especially the 30mm tube models,optics are first class

4. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

I had a look at the Connect last week and was very surprised how good it was, definitely worth a look.

5. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

I've not a lot of experience when it comes to scopes but from what I think I understand the viper is more suited to hunting having a smaller objective lens gives a wider field of view.

6. adamk4y

adamk4y Engaging Member

Cheers guys. I currently have a hawke 4-16x50 eeclipse scope on my air ranger but just fancy something a bit different from the mill dot that's why I like the look of the reticle on the MTC scopes. I don't want one the big turrets on the top and sides. Which ones have the bigger turrets as I would hate to knock them in the field.

7. Stevenb

Stevenb Donator

Sounds like you need the viper connect.they come in 2 sizes 3-12x24 and 3-12x32.i have both of these and they are a good scope if the size is an issue

8. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I have a Viper and considering a 10x44 Viper for hunting and HFT.

9. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

I have just bought the Mamba IR and its a great scope for the money and much better that the Hawke EVO I had on my TX.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  10. 177

177 Donator

Had a Genesis 3-9x40 UL

Pile of junk - optically and in low light it certainly didn't reflect its purchase price.

Went back the day after I bought it...

11. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

I have a Mamba Lite, can't fault it. Clarity of the optics is excellent

12. Quentyn

Quentyn Engaging Member

if it is hunting just get the standard 3-12 mamba, I have MTC on all my rifles and this one is the most useful dont go for target turrets on a hunting rifle - trust me on this

13. adamk4y

adamk4y Engaging Member

Are the turrets on the genesis target ones?

14. Quentyn

Quentyn Engaging Member

sort of, they are covered with caps but have a larger profile than the mamba

15. Seanalf

Seanalf Engaging Member

I have the Viper 10x44 on my HW100, spot on and great optics.

16. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I have a mamba 4-16x50 and a viper connect 3-12x32 both very good scopes
    I do love the FOV on the connect am even tempted to lose my mamba for another

17. loki_79

loki_79 Donator

The reason I went for the mamba lite was mostly because of the low profile turrets, and secondly because I didn't need/want an illuminated reticle.

For the money the MTC optics are pretty good, and I do find the SCB reticle useful. However, my latest scope was Nikon with a plain duplex reticle and I really like it - time will tell if clarity of the optics or usefulness of the reticle are most important to me...

18. Seamaster

Seamaster Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I've used Mamba Lites on all my rifles for the last four years.
    For me, and it is subjective, the optics are very good and the SCB ret is perfect for air rifle ranges. The turrets are very, very low and the scopes are, by definition, light in comparison with similar specification scopes.
    I've read some posts which complain about white-out on these scopes but if you set them up correctly for eye relief I think they are easily the best performing scopes in their price bracket.

Chris

19. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

i have had my first experience of mtc scopes
    a mamba optisan 4-16x50ir
    and i hate it
    the reticle is just too busy for my liking
    give me a simple crosshair mildot scope any day of the week and not this xmas tree crap
    cant believe this thing retails at over 200 sheets
    glad i never paid that for it ;)

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  20. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

I really like the viper connect