1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Which Mounts Are Best

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Regal Man, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Regal Man

Regal Man Post Whore

What mounts are you using on your springers?
    I piece with the anti recoil pin ?
    Dampa mount.
    Or two piece ?
    Springer in mind is HW99s. But happy to here other peoples thoughts

2. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

Depends to be honest on the manufacturer

Sports match and bkl use pin or one piece

Hawke, Nikko and cheap Chinese throw in the bin. As the scope moves within the rings anyway.

Always a pin or arrest or block on a springer.

One piece are good but add wieght

Don’t skimp
    On mounts it’s a pay once or pay many and still wind up buying either of the first two.

I only use sportsmatch as I can’t get the correct BKLs as they seem to be rocking horse poo at the moment.

3. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

One piece Sportsmatch on the 95 :thumb:

Ray

4. bob4026

bob4026 Busy Member

I have the sports match one piece on my springers with the arrestor pin fitted. Could well be overkill, but I’m absolutely sure they won’t move, and I like that peace of mind.

Rabbit wrecker is our resident 99 expert, so take his advice regarding setting up this gun/scope.

The advice above from darklord though is good - buy cheap, buy twice.

Bob

5. stew87

stew87 Busy Member

BKL's for all my rifles either spring or pcp never had any issues yet and used them on a 99 :thumb:

6. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Well providing you use mount(s) with an arrestor/stop pin and of the correct width 9-11mm if you using them on a HW99s then any of the proprietary brands will do.You shouldn't need a damper mount if the scope your using is rated for spring gun use.If you use a set of mounts with a stop pin then two piece mounts are perfectly adequate and will give you a bit leeway on where to place them and also getting the correct eye relief. I've never had a problem with Hawke mounts and which ever make i've used and that is including some of less expensive ones I've never had a scope move in the actual mounts and i don't over tighten the clamping screws but i do line the mount cradles with a layer of black pvc electrical tape.
    I've also never had a problem with scope creep both mounts on the gun or the scope in the mounts on any of the springers i've had providing the gun has provision for using mounts with an arrestor/stop pin or the gun has an arrestor stop fitted i.e usually a small metal plate that is secured to the cylinder/air chamber by a screw(s).I 've used two piece mounts with an arrestor pin on a HW99s and a HW57 with no problem.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    JohnHG likes this.
  7. airsporter(1969)

airsporter(1969) Engaging Member

i use a sportsmatch 1 piece mount on my 99s.does job perfect

8. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

BKL are the only mounts I'll ever use now - Sportsmatch are good, but only if your budget is tight.

The rest can go in the bin as Darklord says . . .

9. Treecreeper

Treecreeper Donator

Another BKL fan here. Glad I'm not the only one here who thinks most cheap mounts are basically scrap.

Sky likes this.
  10. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Top Poster

Standard mounts on all my springers are DM60 Dampa mounts but a quality one piece mount would do the trick on a 99/95 as the recoil isn’t harsh.

I don’t use the arrestor pins as they never seem to slot in where I want the scope to sit.

Mount bolts tighten to 3nm and ring bolts to 2nm I assure you the scope will never move if not using the pin.

11. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

Sportsmatch LTO31C with the Simmons, supplied 1-piece with the Sabre...

12. Shooter22

Shooter22 Donator

BKL only for me on PCP.

Not sure about mounts for a springer as Patrick said "well providing you use mount(s) with an arrestor/stop pin and of the correct width 9-11mm if you using them on a HW99s then any of the proprietary brands will do".

Don't think BKL do them with an arrestor/stop pin?

13. Rudolph Hucker

Rudolph Hucker Engaging Member

I've got no choice but to use 13mm mounts on the Mercury Challenger - these are Sportsmatch.

On 2 other springers I use 1pc Sportsmatch Dampa mounts.

Personally, I think BKL and Sportsmatch are the best - I prefer Sportsmatch on my springers.

14. Farty

Farty Totty GURU

On my poxy springer I have a Hawke scope with Hawke mounts works as it should do,
    I have cheap mounts on my HW 100 and they have never let me down, the chinese mounts
    have a bad name, the ones I've used have all served me well.

Zubar likes this.
  15. country_lad

country_lad Engaging Member

1 piece Sportsmatch for me. No pin and never had a problem with creep.

goafdoc likes this.
  16. Chris_Brads

Chris_Brads Impressive Member

I like the 2 piece, double screw Sports Match mounts. I recently experimented with removing the pin and found no creep what-so-ever on both rifles

rabbitcatcher likes this.
  17. rascaltrousers

rascaltrousers Busy Member

I've used Nikko mounts and have NEVER had a scope move in them. I do agree that you should buy the best you can afford and my personal preference i sports match but the Nikko have been ok for me too.

18. robs5230

robs5230 Big Poster

I use BKL or Sportsmatch mounts and choose the ones out of those 2 that fit the best on the particular rifle. My choice on HW springers is sportsmatch.
    I won't use any mounts other than BKL or sportsmatch.
    Any others that come with rifles or scopes hit the bottom of the bin (though I do save the screws).

As for one or 2pc. I find 1pc limiting with scope positioning. A well set up springer doesn't need any more than 2pc. If the particular rifle has arrestor holes I use the ones with the pin.

rabbitcatcher and Sky like this.
  19. jb37

jb37 plink plink

BKL one piece on TX200 and Sportsmatch one piece on Prosport never had problems with either

20. Wofty

Wofty Engaging Member

I've got Sportsmatch double mounts with double clamps and arrestor on two springeroids. No problemos.
    On a side note where do you get nice stainless mounts? Got a new stock coming that's begging for them:cool: