1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Which Boots !

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by scultra, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scultra

scultra Busy Member

Well its coming up to that time of the year again so I think its time I got my foot wear sorted.
    I would appreciate a bit of feed back as to what you guys rate as good or bad boots.
    No budget really as I presume I'll only get what I pay for .
    Im thinking camo
    Im thinking breathable
    Im thinking water proof

So lets have your views :).
    Cheers :up:

2. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Iv had a pair of neoprene camo muck boot wellies for about 5 years now and there still very warm and comfortable...but your best bet is try a few pair on and see what you like atb

3. yorkshireshoot

yorkshireshoot Posting Addict

I got a pair of the jack pyke tundra boots and so far they haven't let me down . Waterproof but breathable , very light , comfortable and they're in the English oak camo pattern so from what you were looking for they should fit the bill .

4. martin22

martin22 Donator

ive allaways been a big believer never to skimp when it comes to footwear,but ive got 2 old faithfulls that have surprised me considering neither cost a fortune,first is a pair of grubs stalker neoprene wellies (very similar to the muckboots) these have been very comfy,waterproof they also have vibram soles that dont split or chip like most wellies and give very good grip and still as good as the day i bought them about a year and half ago

the second is a pair of jack pyke tundra boots,i only really bought these for summer use and walking the dog ect but theyve turned out to be a very good boot,again very comfy,water proof but breathable and a very good sole
    View attachment 103284
    value for money i think both take some beating to be honest,if you want to spend big money on footwear though personally i think the irish setter boots take some beating

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  5. metalman

metalman Very Active

Another one for muckboots :up: can somebody. Explain to me "breathable", if air can go in/out, why can't liquid.

6. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

All to do with the size of the water and 'air' molecules ... water much bigger, so can't penetrate the waterproof membrane, whereas air is much smaller and can pass through with no problem :D

7. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

Pro logic

8. Pete E

Pete E Engaging Member

Folks need to also beware that boots that reply on waterproof/breathable membrane technology only actually "breath" when the exterior of the membrane is drier than the sweaty interior of the boot..If you use boots daily, its well worth investing in a boot drier to start the day with dry boots which will keep your feet more comfortable at least until the exterior gets soaked again..

9. Cochise

Cochise Engaging Member

I've also got the Jack Pyke Tundra boots. As stated, waterproof, breathable and camo. Very comfortable boot at a good price. Atb

10. milek

milek Honorary Member

I must have got unlucky with my JAck Pyke Tundra's. Lasted a month before they let water in and not just a little. Could understand if one boot did it but both tells me it's a useless product. Very light and comfy. As for Prologic, they gave up on day one. As they say' buy cheap buy twice. I left my Danner Pronghorns at an HFT event last year and they were the best all round boot I ever used.

11. Largerider

Largerider Posting Addict

Had Tundra, but they did not last the year out before the soles started to come off, they were great to start with. got a pair of full grain Zamberlan boots now 9in high so plenty of protection and they've not let the water in yet despite fording steams and flooded/ boggy parts of fields.

12. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

As above, I really rate muck & co. I live in willies and boots all year round. KB1

13. yorkshireshoot

yorkshireshoot Posting Addict

I think a lot of it depends on how much hammer they get , if your out once a month for 8-9 months of year then boots will last longer but if your out 2-3 times a week or a gamekeeper then you will probably be better with some very tough boots .

14. fatbob

fatbob Engaging Member

Ooer missus ! :D

Atb
    Bob

15. 177

177 Donator

Not sure why anyone would want cammo boots but, assuming that isn't a priority, Brit army high leg combats are great value and the newer Altberg Defender boots used by the forces are starting to filter into the market for not much money.

Further up the scale I really like Lowa boots and Lundhag used to be good - can't speak for the current range though.

I used to like Zamberlan boots but they started making them so narrow a woodland elf would have trouble walking in them :rolleyes: which is why I go back to 'old faithful' and use the Brit army boots. The simple fact that I can get 11L and know they will fit my broad feet is half the battle.

They are as waterproof as I need boots to be in all but the most horrible of conditions and, frankly, unless I'm after deer, I'm not out when the weather is like that anyway so it makes no never mind...

They work well with goretex army gaiters which effectively makes them tantamount to water-tight in longer grass.

Tried the Jack Pyke boots and they didn't last two minutes just dog walking in the morning and evening, but maybe mine were a poor example, or not.

I bought four pairs of Brit army boots last year and put two pairs into storage for future use.

One is my mainstay for shooting and generally mooching around in the outdoors, the other are in my workshop to start wearing them in (normally take no time at all) and the others can be rotated into use as and when required. I usually get several years hard use out of a pair.

This all depends on budget and needs. My mate uses the same Brasher lightweight hiking boots year round for shooting that he uses for backpacking and he swears by them.

16. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, slight mishap there on the abbreviation:D surely not in bed kermit boy:laff: oh me am much to mean wellies from charity shop £1:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  17. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

What a **** I feel. Still, nice to know my keyboard skills can raise a laugh here on this great forum. :banplease KB1

18. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Another vote for the Tay Muck Boots

19. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

I tried to replace my old Tay's, only to find that they don't make them anymore. I ended up with the 'Muck Master's. Bit like having a pair of 'Land Rover's on ya feet. Great boots still. KB1

20. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Could of been worse the grammar police could of picked up on first .....they might of put a hit on you because of It lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.