1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Where's my nearest Stoeger dealer?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by colwyn, May 27, 2015.

1. colwyn

colwyn Active Member

I'm in North wales. Can anyone tell me where my nearest air rifle dealer is who can supply a Stoeger X20 please? I'd like to visit and collect rather than have it sent to another RFD shop and pay £25 for the service. Many thanks.

2. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Whoa boy, hold the horses there. The Stoeger is not exactly the best or cheapest of the budget rifles. It is basically an SMK XS19 in a fancy Italian designed stock and marketed by an American company.

There are much better new rifles for the same money. The New Hatsan 900X for example, a silenced carbine spring powered, with adjustable trigger, wooden stock and open sights too, cost from £110 new. For less money you can buy better!

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  3. colwyn

colwyn Active Member

Thanks s.a.m for your much appreciated advice. I'm new to this and have spent the past fortnight scouring the net for advice and ratings on the best not-too-dear .177. I'd zeroed in on the Stoeger X20, largely because of the quietness of the model, but now I'm having a rethink because of your detailed pm. I've located the X20 for under £90 here:

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk...Cal+-a-8-f-3177++-a-8-f-3177+Standard+Barrel/

but then I have to get it sent to a RFD shop and when I enquired at my local he said it would cost £25 for this service. So that brings the overall cost up to £114. I've looked on the Edgar Brothers site but can't find the model you mention - maybe because it's new - but I'm certainly interested in it. I did see this site (where it says the Edgar brothers had a hand in its design):

http://www.*******.co.uk/hatsan-arms-900x-22-air-rifles/Air-Guns/764947

(apparently I can't put gun star)

I wonder how quiet/noisy it is in comparison with the X20, although from what you've detailed I'm beginning to think it may just be a superior model altogether. I may have to think about a trip up to Macclesfield (I think that is their only store).

4. twodoctors

twodoctors Engaging Member

I'll have to agree with Secretagentmole there. If you are after a budget rifle there are others (better) out there.

A springer is never going to be quiet out of the box. You might get one with silencer on, but a lot of the noise comes from the action. You can quieten that down with drop-in kit... All I'm saying is that you don't NEED to get the X20, and personally won't spend the cash on RFD to RFD transfer.

As your first rifle you should probably visit a RFD local to you and have a look. Don't discount the SMK offerings, some (not all!) are actually quite good. Also look at the Hatsan 55s/60s, also very good at the budget end. Your RFD may be able to advise, and certainly help if thing goes wrong.

Good luck!

Adrian

5. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

Check out Valley Arms, they've got a branch in Ruthin and one in Bangor. They do a good range of rifles...including the Hatsan mod55 & 60. I think they do Stoeger to.

6. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Beware the Hatsan 900X does not have the Quattro trigger unit, so don't expect it to be shooting perfect out of the box.

The Hatsan Quattro trigger unit is almost similar internally to the Weihrauch rekord units (although not as refined), and gives you a much better predictable release every time you pull the trigger. So if you're going for a Hatsan, make sure it has the Quattro in it.

The model 55 (.77), and the model 60 (.22) have great reviews from people that own them on here. As for the Stoeger, i had the X20S and it was a good gun, however, the trigger lets it down a bit, but can be improved massively with a Welsh Willy trigger replacement.

7. colwyn

colwyn Active Member

Thanks for that Richie. I've pretty much gone around in circles chasing my tail this past couple of weeks - first this one then that one. Think I've finally decided to go for the Stoeger. It's only £89 so not a great deal lost and it's a learning process after all. I may have gone for the Hatsan but that would mean a long trip to collect.

8. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

For what you're intending to use it for a Stoeger will be quite adequate. Good shooting mate.

9. secretagentmole

Well good luck sir, remember after purchase you can put a WWT unit in and improve it!

10. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Just buy a Hatsan Mod 55s(.177)or Mod 60s(.22) it won't cost you any more than the Stoeger and you'll get a well made rifle with a nice wooden stock(walnut) that's very accurate with the right pellet but just as important it's got a bloody good trigger especially if you adjust it to your liking.

11. twodoctors

twodoctors Engaging Member

I would have to agree. I've started in end of Dec 2014, and have probably gone through 7000+ pellets since then (on rifles and pistols). A good trigger can make a big difference in your pellet group size. If it's not too far to drive than do visit your RFD... handle the rifle before you buy. I have no experience with the X20 or WW's trigger kit mod so I can't comment on them, but I love my modded SYNSG-clone and the trigger on the Hatsan, and am sure the Hatsan will shoot just as well after modding.

Good luck!

12. davymole

davymole Donator

Northop Hall, Mold, Flintshire North Wales
    Having read all the replies too your post all with differing thoughts on your choice of rifle why not visit a local range to try out different rifles you will find that guys are only to glad to talk about there choice of rifle, check out FSE in Rhyl or Tony s Camo in Saltney all not far from you or as BHodge said valley arms in Ruthin

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  13. Patrick

Patrick Donator

A good trigger is important on any gun so why buy a gun that you've got to buy a modification for and mess about fitting to make it good.I'm not saying the trigger on the Stoeger is bad but it is certainly not as good as the Hatsan trigger(Quattro Trigger).The Stoeger trigger unit is the same or similar to the unit on some of the other lower priced rifles,one of which I owned once,and believe me it doesn't compare with the Hatsan.

14. secretagentmole

Some people like to fiddle with things! Your father for one, else you would not be here!:D
    The OP has made his mind up on the Stoeger and if that is what he wants, well let him be happy with it. We know that by the time he has paid for the gun and later on the trigger tuning kit to aid accuracy, he could have had a Hatsan for less money.

Just be thankful that for 6 yards plinking he has not gone down the ultimate cheap shooter avenue that is the Westlake B2.

15. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

How about a HW30s .177 brand new for less than £130 including delivery to your home address. One restriction - you've got to prove you're over 18yrs old...
    DB SCHIETSPORT NL, is the place to look.

16. Gollum

Gollum Donator

Hi
    just to add my twopenneth worth. I have just got the Hatsan Mod 60S (thats the .22 model) and I am very impressed with it for the money. Looks great and pretty accurate considering I am a newbie to springers

17. Patrick

Patrick Donator