1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Where d'you put your pellets?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by 8-ball, Mar 2, 2008.

1. 8-ball

8-ball Engaging Member

Ok, first stupid question probably!
    When I go out with the PCP, the last thing I want is a tin of pellets rattling in my pocket - agree?
    well, I've washed, dried and lubricated my pellets which seems to make a difference, but now don't know what to do when out hunting. If I put 10 or 12 loose in my pocket they get dusty and may introduce grit into the chamber, if I leave them in a clean, dust free tin they rattle !
    Someone must know the solution

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

A leather pellet pouch as sold on many airgun websites or a pellet dispenser like this, but I'm not sure you can get these anymore.
    You ware it just like a watch and dispense pellets as you need them.

[​IMG]

3. sidesy

sidesy Member

hi

neoprene purse style holders are good as long as your not sitting on them. eeeeeebbbbaayyyyyy has plenty of check out other forums. plenty about. and YES, pellets in a tin is a No-No..you could stick in a little piece of foam (top and bottom of tin) which would solve both issues and be far cheaper:up:

4. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Surely you could just put some into one of those plastic freezer bags? The ones your put sandwiches in instead of tin foil. Costs next to nothing and it probably does the job, right?

5. jhnbrty1978

jhnbrty1978 Active Member

I have used some polyethylene faom strips and lined a Fly (fishing) box with small compartments which each hold about 30 Pellets.

Will try to get some pics up if i can work out how?!?!?!?!?

6. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Upload your pictures so somewhere like www.imageshack.us, then do this:

[​IMG]

This should make it appear in a post.

You can paste the links instead and we'll click on them if you want :) hope that makes sense.

7. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

That's what I do, works fine for me.

On another note.. as a PCP user I get about 120 shots out of a full charge, so each of my freezer bags has 110 pellets in it. When I run out of pellets I know my rifle is approaching needing a re-charge. Or I could just look at the gauge of course.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  8. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Or you can upload direct into your post by clicking the button that says manage attachments (further down the screen when typing a post) then click browse and pick the picture from your pc then press upload.
    Once upload it will appear in your post.

9. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

just make sure your pocket is clean and not used for any thing else apart from pellets works for me

10. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

does"nt matter how clean you think your pocket is you create fluff putting your hand in and out>

11. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

no you dont if checked regular i will say it again i have had no probs

12. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Be careful,don't try this at home kids,there is a chance that you could die from lead poisoning:mad: place pellets in your ears or up one nostril :D (Not in both as you cant breath):eek:

13. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Why spend money on a storage pouch thing when you can just put them up your nose? :rolleyes:

14. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Paid £3.50 for a green canvas pellet pouch, that is hung around you neck....from the very helpful Harriers FT club based in Kidderminster...now that is a good club;)....never tried putting them up my nose, whats that some type of prey lubrication:eek:

15. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

I put mine in my bra:D

16. werewolf

werewolf Member

I find knickers are a good hiding place, no one goes there! :(

17. 8-ball

8-ball Engaging Member

What have I started?
    I have been using an old cigar tube. I put 75 pellets in it, as when they are gone I know I'm ready for a re-charge. As is has a small opening there's not too much danger of spilling any when tipping a few out. I have been putting 7 or 8 loose on my pocket as well though and it what these that I was wondering what else to do with. If I can get a 10-shot conversion on the VenonViper there will no longer be a problem will there!
    Ken

18. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i have a small leather wallet.

i can get about 50 .22's in it.

its small so it goes in the coat pocket and works a treat

19. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Not in yours Perhaps,good idea though,could come out ready lubed ;)

20. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Andy hawk has a small wallet,it has a ten shilling note and a few groats in it.I dont think he has opened it in a very long time though .;)

(Sorry Andy,):D:D:D