1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

What's the point of a "get it off your chest" section...

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Soximus, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    ...if when you post something to get it off your chest it is then removed?

Don't get me wrong, ANY posts that involve personal insults, bad language etc I can understand....but lately it seems threads are being removed thick and fast.

2. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Try the Adult section. Some threads have been moved to there...;)

3. swsmith20

swsmith20 Donator

how do you get access to the adult section

4. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

I'm just trying to find that out too :D

5. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

I recall you need to ask admin for the password.

6. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned

I had a thread removed earlier on tonight, and in hindsight, I should have thought before I posted it. Sometimes I need to keep my opinions to myself. Its a good thing that the forum has individuals who control input for those moments when some of us, might not have been thinking straight about the reaction our posts might cause or offend. IMO. KB1

7. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

It's called 'A knee jerk reaction'...;)

8. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Or perhaps in some cases just a simple "jerk" reaction.........ONLY KIDDING..:D

9. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

On a forum I use to run in the mid 90's we had a section called 'fight club', We were happy to let members thrash it out (within the realms of decency and a few exceptions) under the proviso that it was 'left there and the door closed on the way out'

In todays age of political correctness much of what went on there would not be considered acceptable by todays lefty liberal standards!

10. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Lol there are plenty forums where they have a no holds barred off topic section. Everything goes but most folks offer civilised intelligent debate..With a handfull of funny and annoying trolls thrown in the mix... That's how I learnt to be very internet savvy.... Totally different from this forum.

11. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

You have to consider that what you post reflects on the shooting community as a whole, kids also read your posts. First and foremost the forum is about air guns and shooting related info. There are more appropriate forums for politics and religion. I enjoy my sport and work actively that it might continue unhindered.

HTH

John

12. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

I understand that John.

What I don't understand is why have an Adult section which is even password protected have such heavy censorship? Surely it's an adult section where thing should be very lax but it's not so why even have it?

13. Beachcomber

Beachcomber Donator

I PM'd admin for a password a while ago, never got a reply. :confused:

14. scrubsboy

scrubsboy Engaging Member

Same here -about a year ago...nothing yet...

15. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

For Grumps it has been for getting things of MY chest . mainly personal things . Disguised in humour as often as possible . For some time my x mrs , known to you lot as SWMNBN . Then my own personal struggle with mental illness The biggest was my testicular Cancer scare last year . Fwarkn scary but sharing the process on this section of the forum was beyond helpful the support and somewhat twisted humour got me through . Hey a good rant about an unjust speeding fine calmed me down :up: . Grumps does not like it when the negative vibes take over and personal insults become the main topic of the thread . would it not be nice now communication on a whole is global :eek: with a device that fits in your pocket , That our little ( in the scheme of things ) community could rise to having controversial discussions in a civilised fashion . Oh dear . where did that come from !!! Grumps is of to the cave .

16. McCloggie

McCloggie Engaging Member

I'm a member of a (unofficial) forum of the British Army called ARRSE and you can basically say anything and call anyone what you want. And it works fantastic. The topics are not all army related and people get slated for posts they put up any called the worse things you can imagine and you have to be really really bad to get banned or posts being removed. It's a delight to be able to vent your frustrations and rants in this era of pc namby pamby BS.

17. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Yeah I've been a lurker on ARRSE for many years...;)

18. 1961nuffield

From my own experience Barc' I've not deleted one single post in the adult section, so I don't know what you're on about!
    We try to make the main forum child friendly, we wish to encourage new users to the sport, so consider can an eight or nine year old read the posts here? If they can then if not then they go. If you want the "Get it off your chest" section to go to the Adult password protected section then make a suggestion.

So racism, heavy politics, religion and sexism don't really have any place here, the forum is about air guns, promoting their safe use and encouraging more users to the sport.

Ok I've just checked the adult section, four posts have been removed in the last 14 months or so, two were inappropriate content, links to fairly extreme videos. One was removed because a member complained about it, and considered it unsuitable for family viewing, and one was removed at the request of the original poster, as he considered the point of the original thread was lost, and corrupted.

HTH

John

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  19. swsmith20

swsmith20 Donator

John, how do you get access to the adult section?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  20. 1961nuffield

I'll pm you the password.

John