1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

What wold you have done here ?

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by leaky5, Jun 1, 2014.

1. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

Probably going to get a mix of responses on this one.

Yesterday evening, about 20:30, heard the loudest screaming I have ever heard. Girl friend of guy across the road comes running up to our front windows. We are close to the road and she could see we were there.

I opened the door thinking something had happened out side and she starts shouting at me to call the police as he has been beating here up (again) and he has a record of doing it to her (1st question is 'why are you still here then')

She had car her car keys and a phone, I said why can't you ring them, and she said he had broken the phone. He then got in his car to start driving off, she goes and sits on the bonnet to stop him (why I don't know).

She says she just wants to leave, but wants to get her stuff first, but does not want to go back into the flat alone. I agree to go into the flat with her (with his permission) so she can get her bits.

He is a bit verbal with her and kicks one of her bags across the room (I just stood at the top of the stairs with a straight exit to the front door). Think he had been drinking as there were beer cans on the table. She gets her bits and leaves. He did not follow as I saw him go out in a taxi about 45 minutes later. He was fine with me at the time, never normally see the guy, bit anti social and rarely says hello or anything.

My wife was out, but she thinks I should have just given her our phone and told her to ring the police if she wanted. She thinks I was stupid going into the flat. In hind sight she was probably right, but at the time I did not have time to think.

Not sure if I should mention it to one of my neighbours who is an area car driver for the local force, just in case they should keep an eye on things for a few days. Typical he was out last night or if that is to late now.

2. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, your wife was right but i think was a brave thing to do and hope there is no backlash from him but i am sure you can sort it, from what you also mention you might have saved the ladies life had she not gone from this situation. so well done leaky 5 :thumb:

3. jantar

jantar Donator

Like last post........:rolleyes: The only sensible thing you could do in those circumstances is the wise thing and stay totally out of it. Obviously it is a regular thing and they aere still together (f knows why) so all you would get in return is hassle, maybe worse, from either of them depending on which one took offence at your 'interference'. It has been known for both to turn on the 'helper'. Let the bobbies deal with it simply by giving them a call and telling them there is a violent disturbance and do not leave your name!!!!!!!!!! Sad thing is that they probably would not turn up until well after it had settled down anyway....
    That I am afraid is how the society of today acts. Too much drink and not enough brains, decency or common sense. Sadly loads of the youth of today seem to want everything their own way and sod anyone else. Hope it all works out for you..........

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Past experience has taught me never to get involved in booze related domestics, I would of phoned the police for her and let them sort it out!

A mate of helped a young lass a few years back, her man was begining to get a bit heavy, so my mate went to calm him down and got a bottle over the head for his trouble, from her!!

Then it was the husband trying to calm her down!! With drink evolved, the situation could off easily turned on you

5. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member

Would have kept well out of it myself.
    There is a couple by me that are always arguing in the street late at night.
    I think it is work related,he is out all day cleaning windows and i get the impression she isnt happy about it and after a few drinks it all kicks off.
    Makes me wonder why they are still together.

6. yorkshireshoot

yorkshireshoot Posting Addict

As above mate , you did the right thing in helping someone out but sometimes they need to help themselves . See it all the time lasses who like the " bad boy " and end up gettin a hiding every few weeks and they seem to enjoy it ? It does nothing for genuine women who are victims of domestic violence as police get sick of nicking the same guy time after time and then all charges get dropped cos she loves him . Anyway I congratulate you for stepping in but personally I wouldn't have got involved .

7. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

Well got a phone call from one of my kids while out shopping, apparently she turned back up this morning and walked straight back in.

Lets see what happens next, I can tell you one thing that won't be and that is me going over there again.

8. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

You did your good turn mate:up:

If she goes back then its nowt to do with you!

9. splat

splat Donator

once had a neighbour like that, in end decided she was an adrenaline junkie. at time he frightened the life out of her and she reported to police etc.....always dropped action and got back together.
    one day heard her on back garden talking to her sister, bragging about one time when he had her pinned against wall by neck with her feet in air drumming on wall.
    she really enjoyed telling story ....probably why she always went back to him and could frequently be heard deliberately winding him up......thank C they've moved .

10. ste

ste Posting Addict

Hi mate, well done all I can say is it's down to the individual to decide at the time and at this time you did what you thought was right it's a hard thing to say you was right wrong ect luckily no one was hurt further so in my eyes you did what was right
    Top job mate

11. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

Difficult situation that. Hindsight is great but faced with all that I think it was the right outcome. The only thing I may have done is told my wife to wait outside the house with a fingers poised on 999 just in case.

I once came across a woman lying facedown in the street. After some failed attempts to wake her she eventually got up. As soon as she opened her mouth it was like the brewery had just spilt every barrel. Called the cops because she was wondering around in the road but they refused to come out as they'd already been out twice!

Actually just remembered another couple of oddities.

Walking to college one day, this girl (who got on a few stops after) started having a go at this bloke. Telling him to leave her alone. Asked her if she was alright. Ended up going on a couple of dates... never waste an opportunity!

Another one was a little more serious. Was walking to work in London down a passageway and I could see a car screech to a halt at the end of the tunnel. A man got out and started sprinting towards me. Crap I thought. But he ran past. I turned to see him remonstrating with a woman walking a girl to school. I calmly kept walking on and planned the following if the struggle was continuing. I could hear pretty much everything.

1. Go to the car (the engine was still running) and take the keys.
    2. Call the police and report an abduction whilst he wandered what he did with his keys.

Now this could have been the chaps daughter but he was very aggressive. Felt this was the best option. By the time I'd reached the car he'd sprinted back to the car and driven off - alone. Whilst taking the keys could have put me in danger I weighed up the severity of what might be happening and NOT doing anything.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  12. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

I have to agree with this post. Years ago I was riding my motorbike past a couple who were arguing and he gave her a huge right hook into her cheek. I pulled over and told him it was just not on to hit a girl like that, before I knew it she was on my back biting and scratching, he too was throwing punches etc. Ok, I managed to sort him out but what do you do with a maniac girl....Anyway, never again would I get involved. I would have told her to go elsewhere. Don't get me wrong if your neighbours bloke was following her across the road, that would have been very different, but I won't get involved ever again.

13. ambriel

ambriel Engaging Member

Ah, domestics... I think you did the right thing at the right time in the right place for you. I'm not sure I'd have done it the same way but then I wasn't there. So, good call. Next time it happens, and it sounds like there will be a next time, maybe play it differently and not put yourself in a position of risk.