1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

What Was Your Worst Ever Gun?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Mike Watkins, May 21, 2019.

1. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woodgate Mike.

I don’t know if this has been done before but thought it might be fun to hear your ‘worst ever’ experience. We have so many ‘Best of’ gun posts but we rarely talk about our ‘wish l hadn’t’ moments.

I’ll start with a gun I’ve always like the look of and decided, earlier this year, to add to my cabinet as a fun back garden plinker, it was a Gamo Varmint Barricade Maxxim in .177.

upload_2019-5-21_8-50-57.png
    Whata-mistaka-to-have-mada.

I knew after the first pellet that l had just wasted £180 of my hard earned cash on looks and not function. I stuck it out for about another 100 pellets until finally, a very good friend and shooting buddy of mine tried it on the range. He fired one pellet, handed it back to me and said (and this is the polite version) ‘please tell me you didn’t actually pay money for this heap of cr#p’. So that was it, it went back to the gun shop and along with another rifle that I wasn’t using I traded it in for a Weihrauch HW95K, which is what I should have bought in the first place!!!

Has anyone else had the same experience with this gun or was it just me??

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Gamo Whisper IGT
    BSA Lightning GRT

Just awful and I’ll never have a Gamo/BSA rammer or springer ever again!

3. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woodgate Mike.

Funny you should say that because my second worst rifle was the same as you a BSA Lightening GRT and was the one I traded in with the Gamo! The trigger on the Lightening was horrendous! It almost needed two people, one to hold the gun and another to pull the trigger! Quite awful.

rabbitwrecker and mikeyhall1 like this.
  4. mike-carter

mike-carter Pro Poster

1. Shotgun, Valmet o/u. Twice in 12 months trigger fell apart and always shot high.

2 Air Rifle. Anything that "proudly" displays GAMO.

ParzivaltheWalrus likes this.
  5. 2506sendero

2506sendero Legend in his own mind & living on the edge.

My out of the box Ruger 10/22 was an horrrendous piece of kit - it was more agricultural than a Massey Ferguson tractor.

243deer, rmcn82 and Blue BSA like this.
  6. Chris_Brads

Chris_Brads Impressive Member

I fell for the marketing and bought a pump-up Crossman 'Triple Strike' :loser:

SlugFest and Bad Beagle like this.
  7. Sandy man 1963

Sandy man 1963 Busy Member

Armed reaper bloody thing was an accident waiting to happen.

8. DRAGONBAIT666

DRAGONBAIT666 Busy Member

Browning x-blade

9. Seamaster

Seamaster Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

BSA Lightning XL SE. Looked very nice, made a lovely ornament but was completely useless as a gun.

rabbitwrecker and robs5230 like this.
  10. Wild Bill

Wild Bill CO2 Enthusiast and Gun fighter.

Daystate Harrier followed by Daystate Mk3 followed by Daystate MK4. :down:
    137276_thumb.png

32:1 and rabbitwrecker like this.
  11. RichieRich

RichieRich Pew Pew

Stoeger X20 Suppressor.

The breech on it was finished so bad, and at an angle, that it would mash the skirt of the pellet when closing the barrel.

12. Mike.lewis

Mike.lewis Donator

Compatto, webley raider, r10. All crap

13. David M

David M Donator

An inherited .177 Webley MK3. Horrible thing, all angles cutting into both hands and that's before you pull the short uncomfortable underlever and experience the punchy recoil for 7.5ftlb. The kiddie like short butt and fore end make handling not exactly a pleasure either. It's accurate enough with it's iron opens and the 90 degree tap loading port is very safe but I never reach for it over the Cadet Major. The original farmer owner since the 60's used it solely for barn rats.

Radlad likes this.
  14. mulletman6

mulletman6 Keyboard Hero

BSA R10 mk2

Bought brand new and could hit everything except the target.

Needless to say it was quickly returned for a full refund.

15. El Caro

El Caro Posting Addict

Got to agree with that. Cadet Major is very underrated. Cut rifled barrels and open sights can produce better results than you would think. Better by a country mile than the W&S Mk3 was its competitor the Airsporter Mk1.

David M likes this.
  16. squib

squib Posting Addict

Remington express. Absolute bag of sh1te.

Gary Jones likes this.
  17. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

bsa r10 se

i got a absolute turd!

until john bowkett blueprinted it into the gun it should have been!

18. Wofty

Wofty Cleverer than the average bear Booboo!

Wobley Massive Fail.
    Low power and built by Michael Jackson's chimpanzee (he was desperate for work and cheap).
    Returned and exchanged for a 100KT.

19. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

There have been sooooo many bad guns, but the DB5 has to take the crown. You have to let go of the pistol grip to reach the trigger?:confused: Add to that it was made from low grade licourice and it was a rifle to remember.

Biggest disappointment was a Rapid 17. Not that bad a gun once all the tomfoolery inside had been sorted and a decent barrel fitted, but I had waited so long and wanted one so badly, that to find it was not as good as my other "everyday" PcP's was like finding out Liv Tyler has a willy:facepalm:

20. windymiller

windymiller bm100 thumbhole

dad gave me one of them smk things a v early one (think that was what it was) so bad wudnt even give to anyone :confused: