1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

what sling for a synthetic stock??

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by highland chief, Mar 4, 2012.

1. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi guys

looking for a sling now for the webley, being a synthetic stock what would be the best. i bought one of those gamo gun buddy,s they do the job but looking for something a bit better.

cheers

gus.

2. Tadpole

Tadpole Honorary Member

How about a 'Cheeta Sling' no drilling required hth ...................... :coffee:

3. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi mate

thanks for this, is there any way i can screw into the synthetic stock, this cheeta sling is much the same as the gun buddy.

cheers

gus.

4. knighthawk

knighthawk Posting Addict

No reason why not as long as you drill a pilot hole first or you will crack the stock

5. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi mate
    thats what i thought, i want a leather sling for the gun, so what swivels would i need??

cheers mate

gus.

6. knighthawk

What model webley is it ?

7. highland chief

highland chief Donator

the value max mate,

cheers

gus.

8. knighthawk

OK I am trying to find the barrel diameter for the front swivel but theres not much on the net..

9. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi mate

cheers for this, all the help would be great.

thanks again

gus.

10. knighthawk

11. highland chief

highland chief Donator

12. knighthawk

Theres no reason it wont as long as you pilot hole it befor fitting the swivel in the stock..Loads of guns with synthetic stocks have them fitted..

13. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi mate

cheers i know the gun was not expensive but it,s still a thought, where on the stock would you suggest i put the swivel?

cheers again

gus

14. knighthawk

Take a look at lets say a pic of a BSA Tactical it will give you an idea pal

15. highland chief

highland chief Donator

cheers mate, will do.
    :up:
    gus.

16. Dunkman

Dunkman Posting Addict

A little tip for screwing stocks. The ridge line you are drilling into is fairly narrow on a stock and worst nightmare is not splitting the stock (unless you are that cr#p at DIY lol) but the dril skiding down your stock and making a nice long gash.

Get a block of wood and cut a V shaped slot in it so that the ridge of the stock fits in the V. Decide what side drill you need as the pilot hole and drill through the bottom of the V and out the other side. You now have a guide for drilling.

Clamp your stock in workmate or similar (Don't try holding it with your hand, your chance of a balls up increses by a factor of 20 if you do). Place your V block on the stock ridge, put the drill through so the tip hits the part you want to drill (Marked with masking tape) and holding the V BLOCK FIRMLY start the drill and the block with prevent the drill skidding and sliding off the stock and you will have a damn sexy, mighty fine hole where you want it and your stock can breath a huge sigh of relief that you didn't damge her.

17. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi mate

cheers for this, i am a joiner to trade, so being carefull is not a problem:)

thanks for this though.

gus.

18. Dunkman

Dunkman Posting Addict

For a joiner the jobs a doddle!.

19. highland chief

highland chief Donator

perfect,
    :up:
    cheers

gus

20. knighthawk

Good tip..I just use wood drills as they have a small guiding top on them so they dont slip..