1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

what power do you run with?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Speed, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Speed

Speed Busy Member

lets see how close you guys run to the limit:)

my ev2 is set at 11.3ftlb wilth express and 11.5 with exact
    my hw95 out of the box was running 11.9:eek: when my welsh will kit comes i will be aiming for 11 to 11.3 with aa fields

2. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

With jsb express, 11ish in winter,

in summer, 11.3ish ,22:)

3. cbrdave

cbrdave Nuts

11.4 with magnums for my .177

4. jambo1984

jambo1984 Engaging Member

my ultra was at 11.9 with AA fields now it's spitting 11.3 and my s400 is due for a reading

5. mikey

mikey Pro Poster

To me it's not about the power,it's about accuracy and shot placement.i had a aa s410 running at 10.3ftlbs and never had a problem dispatching rabbits with the pellet put in the correct place.

6. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

I am a little worried about mine running at 11.67, I think I need to bring it down a little...

7. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

have my .22 hw95 running at 11.10 with aa fields it was running 11.4 before the tune but went over 12.00ft/lbs after! I removed a coil from the spring and its shooting great I dont notice any power difference but recoil is noticeably softer. its always good to have access to a chrono as power can creep up a little when running in hence the safe margin most run at less than 11.50ft/lbs

8. dinoboy

dinoboy Well-Known Member

I keep all of mine at 11-11.2fpe plenty of safety margin. No need to have them any higher.

9. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

2 legs and sometimes a booster Labrador!

10. 177

177 Donator

None of mine (is there something wrong with that opener ? ;) ) are over 11.4

I try to keep my springers and Theoben gas ram gun barely nudging past 11

They're easier to cock and much, much nicer to shoot.

Where PCPs are concerned no more than 11.4 with AAF or JSB Exact should be within the limit with any pellet.

People forget that 12 FPE is a limit to work within, and not a target to reach...

8.4 gr @ 800 fps = 11.94 FPE

8.4 gr @ 790 fps = 11.64 FPE

8.4 gr @ 780 fps = 11.35 FPE

At the end of the day, regardless of calibre, we're talking 20 FPS between a ticking bomb and well within the limit. Not worth faffing around with trying to run close IMHO

11. DUNKS

DUNKS Big Poster

ENOUGH!

12. thevoid

thevoid Posting Addict

11 in my HW95 and 10.6 with my HW50, shooting only a mix of FT/HFT, no real difference to holdover between them.

13. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    11.2 (ish) with JSB Heavies (10.34 gn) on a .177.

14. trumpetier

trumpetier Pro Poster

just got a 410 thats running between 10.5 and 11....my HW99 is 11.3 with jsb jumbos my s200 and s400 are between 11.3 and 11.5 with jsb exact

15. Suwannee

Suwannee Well-Known Member

In a cabin,in the woods, 3hrs north of Orlando FL
    Just love how many say its not about power but placement & yet are running in the 11s, why not the 10 or 9 or 8, I can't wait to shoot this marauder with 30, now ya talking & if the law was changed to 20, how many would stick to 12fpe ?

16. Relgubmot

Relgubmot Donator

11.4 on magnums on my s200

1945 on number 6 with my silver pigeon ;-)

17. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

With my chosen pellet for each gun:

Air Wolf CDT .22 11.65 ft/lb

Air Wolf MCT .177 11.60 ft/lb

Air Wolf MCT .22 11.45 ft/lb

MK 4is MCT .177 11.40 ft/lb

Ranger .22 11.50 ft/lb

Rapid .20 11.40 ft/lb

HW100 .177 11.60.ft/lb

HW100 .22. 11.40 ft/lb

Sons rifles:

Huntsman .177 11.45 ft/lb

S510 .22 11.50 ft/lb

We use the same pellet type and head size for each gun mentioned as we've found that particular pellet the most efficient and accurate.
    Our guns have been tested with a variety of pellets to try and make sure we stay legal but, not every pellet known to man so, in all honesty i can't say if there's a pellet out there that will make our guns illegal?

We do regular chrono checks, and the above readings are always much the same with said pellet, some of our guns are AT and some not.

The sub 12 ft/lb law is a joke to say the least but, we do our very best to abide by it ;)

18. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Which pellets do you use, as thats not a bad spread at all for such a variety of guns.?

19. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

We use a variety of pellets depending on the gun but, the majority of the pellets we buy are JSB Exacts, AA Fields

20. old brass

old brass Engaging Member

1858.01 ftlb with 55grn vmax in the Howa :D and 10ftlb from the Omega.. lol both do a great job!