1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

What Have I Done?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Devonair, May 11, 2018.

1. Devonair

Devonair Engaging Member

I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking opinions on LGV vs TX200HC vs Weihrauch. I ended up firing an LGV in a gun shop and fell in love, so I bought an LGU as I found a good deal (£250 with sling and a few other bits) on one second hand. I drove up to Wales and brought it back only to find it was faulty. Power was at 9ft/lbs and it was louder and twangyer (bad English!!!) than my 80s Webley Xocet. The chap was really good and gave me my money back and met me half way (dodgy exchange in a car park!).

The wife then told me to buy new so I obliged and spent £350 on a new LGV locally for it to develop trigger problems within a week, even though I hadn't touched the adjustments (it did shoot incredibly though) I then tried adjustments but the trigger wasn't doing anything and so it went back to the shop. I then find out it's old stock that the dealer bought in and isn't under warranty!

I then ask for my money back which the shop agreed without any fuss and when I said I was more than a little disappointed with Walther they are now ordering me in a brand new Air Arms TX200HC for £425. The wife is not too happy that what started as a £250 present has climbed to £425 but says it is the right thing.

My problem is that I have just realised I have bought a gun that I haven't even shouldered, let alone fired! I am one of those people that I used to call mad that bought a new Motorbike because of the reviews and hadn't even sat on one! What am I becoming?

2. Dr B

Dr B Post Whore

If you cant get on with a T-Rex, retire! :p

3. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter

... A man who should have bought a Weihrauch... :D

4. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

I could sell you a 97k vmached and polished etc and trigger polished etc. ;).

I wouldn’t touch the weather rubbish. Dodgy triggers, poor allows which will break after two weeks. And they are fugly.

(And not Walther at all anyway)

The tx is a great gun, I prefer the full length as it’s lighter to cock than the hc and the hc also looks too stubby for me. My icon is a 30 yard target. 20 shots with a brand new out the box tx200 in 177.

foxtrott and Devonair like this.
  5. supersavage

supersavage Engaging Member

What he said :p

Devonair and rabbitwrecker like this.
  6. StellaArtois Sr

StellaArtois Sr Springer Whore

That is a shame you have had bad times with your Walther. I have just bought 2 more as I love them, I have 5 now. Easy to work on and superbly accurate. I have had no problems with them at all.
    Still you wont be disappointed with the Air Arm TX200 as they are lovely rifles. I just bought a .177 to go with my .22 as they are beautiful rifles and again lovely to fire. Both the TX and the LGU are very similar inside and both easy to work on.
    I hope you enjoy it, all the best, Ade

7. Farty

Farty Totty GURU

The TX 200 HC is very hold sensitive folk on here will say different
    I know but they are they also need a heavy silencer for muzzle flip.

You should of stuck with the LGV by a mile a far better gun

Devonair likes this.
  8. Regal Man

Regal Man Post Whore

Im sure you will be happy with it, but to keep it within the budget. Maybe you should of got HW99s.:D
    Sorry you had bad luck with the Walther

Devonair and rabbitwrecker like this.
  9. bob4026

bob4026 Engaging Member

I too own a TX, and it's excellent. Mine's a HC and quite tiring for repetitive cocking, but it's primarily a hunting tool so that shouldn't really be a factor in choosing one. What I mean is, 80 or so shots whilst hunting means your permission is on a rabbit farm.

Don't worry about buying this gun blind. It's a belter. As good as they get out of the box. Knocks the HW into a cocked hat out the box, and that's from someone who owns a few HW's. Don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking the HW, I like 'em and I own a few, but unfettled they aren't quite as slick and smooth as the TX.

Bob

10. rich79

rich79 Donator

TX's are awesome, I've got an HC & an SR & you won't be disappointed, the finish is only bettered by a professional reblue, yes it's harder to cock than a full length rifle but then again it's lighter to hold.
    If you listened to every bad point on every air rifle you'd end up not buying any! At least you've got a new one that nobody else has fiddled with, as for the wife, we'll tell her to clam down, it's just her hormones.

Ginnel Gunner, Devonair and sidney like this.
  11. Ginnel Gunner

Ginnel Gunner Engaging Member

You're becoming a man like me, who last May did exactly the same and bought a BMW R1100S when I got trigger happy on Ebay. The first time I slung my leg over was the day the chap rode it up to our house. Needless to say that at near on 56 I found the ergonomics too challenging - in my head I'm still in my 20s or 30s, but the old body says differently. Anyway...I digress. Please don't worry about your new rifle - everything I have ever read about the TX tells me that it's a quality rifle with a solid reputation. Just enjoy it and if the worse comes to the worse, trade it in. At £425 it will keep its value and reward you in spades if you decide to keep it.

Keep it shiny side up.

ATB - a man that should know better!

Devonair likes this.
  12. sidney

sidney Post Whore

It’s all about opinions, and I have to strongly disagree about the tx being hold sensitive. The weight alone makes it deadly accurate and mine has accounted for many a rat before they got wise to my red torch and I changed to an Ultra with nv. Both myself and my kids still enjoy smashing chalk sticks with the txhc, and I’d happily add nv to it if it wasn’t already so heavy.
    I suspect there’s very very few owners regret buying one, and mine a definite keeper.

Devonair likes this.
  13. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

The Hc looks too stubby what kind of excuse is that not to use a gun do U have a full length mirror follow u round your shoots read it all now

Devonair likes this.
  14. Regal Man

Regal Man Post Whore

Shoulder it, if you dont like it , try the HW 97K.
    See what you think of that, end of the day the gun can be sent back. Your the customer, end of the day.

Ginnel Gunner and Devonair like this.
  15. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Keyboard Hero

Mr sensible, shoulda bought the ‘TX’ in the first place...

Supa Koopa and Devonair like this.
  16. StellaArtois Sr

StellaArtois Sr Springer Whore

I am sorry Farty but I have to disagree with you on that one mate. The ProSport yes but not the TX. It's superb in both flavours.
    Personally I think it's because you hate Springers and you're crap with them. :p:loser:;):D

Devonair and Ginnel Gunner like this.
  17. Farty

Farty Totty GURU

I've whittled the springers down to one and that will be a .22 an LGV master pro and this gun is spot on. :mao: I will post a picture from my phone and tell me I don't know how to shoot a springer :loser:

Attached Files:

18. longhunter

longhunter Well-Known Member

Put the muzzle up against the paper, did ya? :D

Devonair likes this.
  19. Farty

Farty Totty GURU

No dude put a lot of time in :thumb:

Devonair likes this.
  20. Dr B

Dr B Post Whore

you mean a gun, not built as well as they were, where you have to strip them from new and fix what should have been done in the factory? That type of gun???? :p:p:D
    Naaaahhhh mate, all i had to do with my T-Rex was unpack it, put a scope on it, zero it, and go shootin......that was 15 years ago. Never had a tune or a service and still dropping stuff. Bit twangy now though and ready for some TLC to be sure, but not bad for a straight from factory gun....