1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good news What goes around comes around

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Nige4927, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Nige4927

Nige4927 Busy Member

About a month ago and due to going through a lengthy messy divorce, Finances meant I had to sell my beloved Falcon Prairie. My Girlfriend who I live with now did not want me to sell it because she knew how much joy I got from it and from hunting. But priorities must be right, roof over head first. But even though I knew I was doing the right thing I was gutted. The little Falcon had changed my skill level from good to great. It fitted me perfectly, so to see it go was heatbreaking.

So I sold it on here to to another forum member Brian from Scotland. If your reading this Brian I hope you and the prairie and as happy as we were together.

Now I'm a big believer in Karma and even more so now. Last weekend I was talking to my next door neigbours dad Arthur who is an airgun lover like myself. I was telling him about my plight and how I had sold my gun etc. Well this wonderful kind man then said he had a gun for sale. he told me he had a multi shot PCP but he prefers springers so it never got used. He said I want it to go to a good home. he then said and you can pay me in bits over the next few months if it helps.

A few days later he dropped the gun off while I was at work for me to have a look at. When I got home I was greated in the kitchen by a lovely hard case which is included in the price (dont worry I will reveal the price at the end) I opened it to find a mint condition and I mean MINT RWS LR20 complete with a Nikko Sterling Air King scope. it is beautiful.

well I took it out hunting the very next day.. it fits like a glove. accurate to a fault. in fact its every bit as good as the Prairie.

His asking price, and I know he has only put this price on it to help me out, was £280 for the lot.

I am now looking for ways to thank him other than my obvious gratitude.. maybe get him one of leaky's custom straps as a pressie.. unless anyone has a better idea.

Nige

2. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Karma in bucketfulls mate! Lovely RWS, sort of like a Daystate Huntsman!

3. neiled

neiled Donator

Not a believer in Karma or such stuff myself but a great read, I'm really pleased for you.

Best way to repay his splendid generosity would be to go out and use it as much as you can, keeping him informed of how your getting on with it and I'm sure the odd rabbit for the pot wouldn't go amiss :)

4. Nige4927

Nige4927 Busy Member

good idea.. a rabbit pie using some of the organic veg im growing in my garden.. like it.. so will he :)

nige

5. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    perhaps one of mattys pensets or a knife in his favourite wood ?

6. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

Good things come to good people mate! Great story and I hope it serves you well!

7. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

You could offer to take him out hunting with you, that would probably go down well - and let him shoot his own rabbit!

8. Denzle

Denzle Donator

That was a kind gesture from an obvious Gentleman. Bravo.

9. Nige4927

Nige4927 Busy Member

well I just got back from a short hunt at my nearest perm.. 1 squizzer 1 pigeon and 1 rabbit lol.. I'm loving this gun. The rabbit was at 60 yards supported shot on a fence no wind. which is why i took the shot. I know its 3 mildots at 60 yards. hit it through the eye.. I owe Arthur big time..

Nige

10. Picklehoffer

Picklehoffer Ministry of Foolishness

A nice story mate and I'm glad you're back out in the fields with a gun!

Having been through a s****y divorce myself many years ago, I'm also a believer in our friend Karma! ;)

Atb

Neil.

11. leecraw66

leecraw66 Donator

Take him to his local, and pay for his ale, that is the old way.
    Lee.

12. themadspread

themadspread Donator

thats a great story your in his debt big time always remember that fair play to him sounds like a top bloke

13. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

Just looked up the Falcon Prairie, it's a good looking gun. :thumb:

14. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Glad it's coming together for you, Nige. I can recommend Leaky5's slings, Mattw975's moderators and Picklehoffer's MiY shooting rests - I've never used Matty's geat but it's got a very good reputation with forum users. I'd be chuffed with being given any of the above items.

15. Nige4927

Nige4927 Busy Member

I've decided to get him a leaky sling because I use them and know how good they are.. I need one for the gun Athur sold me but cant afford 2. so I will get Athur one first as a gift and get myself one next month. happy days

Nige

16. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

Thanks Nigel

I will do you one for the same price as well.

Richard

17. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

Lovely post. Well done there. Been there with the divorce bit. I am also a believer in Karma. It works given time.