1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Do Today Airgun Related

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Bezzer, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Bezzer

Bezzer Busy Member

We've got the thread as to what you intend to do but what about what you actually get done.? Anything airgun related stuff that doesn't really deserve a full thread of it's own but shows what you're getting up to. May give others an incentive to do similar, pass on some information or ideas, bits/accessories you've made or bought and fitted, chrono results for various set ups, back garden ranges, groupings etc etc More importantly give us something extra to read on here.
    Just make it Airgun related I'm sure someone will start a similar thread in General where you can post what you had for dinner :D

I'll start off with .....Stumpy my short arsed HFT500 is a bit loud for back garden plinking, it needs a long adaptor to fit a mod as the barrel is set back and has to clear the filling valve cap. Never bothered before as the range is only a couple of miles away and the only place that has them is Rowan at £36 plus another £12 for the cap :eek:
    So this morning did something about it and made an adaptor and cap so I can now use it with no problem in the garden and get out of SWMBO's way, total cost around £2 and a relaxing hour in the shed :cool:
    20200324_122506.jpg
    20200324_122538.jpg
    20200324_122723.jpg

It's in a 400 stock at the moment to reduce weight to help a shoulder problem.:(

Sorry about the pics, hopefully a nice mod will turn them for me :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Burden666

Burden666 Donator

I'm hoping to get round to putting this back together (as I have been for a couple of months now)

Early signs are not looking favourable. [​IMG]

whambam, Blackmax, PW1 and 1 other person like this.
  3. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

Well I was walking past the landing window and spied a dirty great rat hoovering up the seed beneath the bird table! Broke out the TX and put him into lockdown! Reloaded and waited 10-15 mins to see if any of his cronies came a calling.
    Went into the bedroom to check my phone in case work had called...went back to the window and ratty had gone!

He was absolutely dead., while I was watching afterwards a pheasant landed and was mooching about in the garden., when I was in the bedroom I heard him squawk and wondered what had spooked him.
    I wonder what's hoarding my rat!

whambam, Howlin Wolf and warrenater like this.
  4. Rob-ontarget

Rob-ontarget Donator

Maybe one of his mates dragged him off for a spot of lunch!!

littleJon365, whambam and Howlin Wolf like this.
  5. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

Are they cannibalistic? Shame me and TX missed the picnic.. :hunting:

whambam likes this.
  6. Rob-ontarget

Rob-ontarget Donator

Very... Ive seen them be dragged off after I’ve shot them..
    Found him a day later and there wasn’t much left..

whambam, Howlin Wolf and wizwozuk like this.
  7. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

Working on preparing a foundation for an incoming shed, assuming they're still delivering it in the current circumstances... :rolleyes:

whambam likes this.
  8. sagalout

sagalout What a plinker!

Plinking in the shed early doors. Did a little bit of rendering, now outside plinking at about 18m freehand using 7.4gr Econ II and the Uragan Compact into some @hairyarms spinners and some empty co2 carts drilled and screwed to make cheap spinners.

Struggling with the hairyarms 15mm spinner, I'm blaming the wind :)

9. TalinMoracius

TalinMoracius Arch nemesis of Colonel Heinz

I stripped down my HW97K (.177) - it was running a bit too hot for comfort so I need to remove some pre-load, its much better now. I've only just got the chrono and found that both my Weihrauchs were really a bit too hot straight from the shop... They've both been cooled down a little now

This afternoon the plan is to put my two .22s over the chrono and see what they're doing and adjust if needed

I might look into the options for re-blacking an action that I have, but I think I will probably wait for all this to pass and ask the expert if he'd take a look at it

whambam and Howlin Wolf like this.
  10. Herbie87

Herbie87 Posting Addict

I've sat looking at AGF..... Does that count?

11. warrenater

warrenater Donator

A bit of plinking with my Webley senior at a bean can lid suspended on garden wire , I am not very good with it lol.

Jay Butts and whambam like this.
  12. pjgtech

pjgtech Better than a Poke in the . . . . . Ouch!

Did some more painting today, and been lurking on the AGF, that about it! :facepalm:

whambam likes this.
  13. fzrandy

fzrandy Well-Known Member

Had been suffering some reg creep on my P15 so fitted a Lane regulator around Christmas time took a while to set up but finally got there ...fired on the 1st March 781 fps .....Fired today over 3 weeks later 782 fps very very happy

whambam likes this.
  14. 32:1

32:1 Theoben user

Ive just got back from a walk over the fields, well I drove most of it and topped up my feeders, I fancied a look further round so walked about a mile and came back, only to see two rabbits out enjoying the weather, trouble was rifle was in car behind them, still watched a while and found their runs and warren must be inside a 25yd round blackberry bush, still all good as Ill pop back one evening real soon :thumb:

I couldn't believe the devastation the pigeons have caused to the rape :eek:, I shall be asking for an extension to my perm this evening for sure.

Chris

whambam likes this.
  15. jaisalmere

jaisalmere Disappointed by sorbet

Up early, stained the 300s hand grip, fitted new loft hatch, cut holes in hallway ,inserted ply backing to stop coat hangers falling off the wall, made good, first filled hallway ready for dec, off to the shed now to make preload washer for 77, chrono has gone tits so ordered one on amazon.

16. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Pro Poster

Counted my tins of pellets, only 139 left damn!

17. keithy

keithy Posting Addict

Went hunting last night, this morning changed the falcon ffp m18 for konus 3-9x40 as its much more suitable for sniping woodpidgeons. Also put two XT photon yukons away up in the loft and got one mk1 down as it maybe sold. Also taped the sling mounting bracket with insulating tape as it was rattling last night. Last night i christened my vulcan 2 .25fac with its first kill the wood pidgeon fell like a sack of spuds, but after about 10 minutes I went to retrieve it and couldnt find it in the gloom as it was almost dark also the brambles on the floor meant i had to pick a path around to were i thought it fell. My legs are a mess scratched to hell even through thick trousers.

18. George Mcmillan

George Mcmillan Engaging Member

Asking my good friend if he wants to send me his Springer as project to service, clean internals fit new spring etc should keep me out of trouble .

Chouchin66 and whambam like this.
  19. MoggyM

MoggyM FLM

Measured a piece of wood to make a target

whambam likes this.
  20. g1nga

g1nga Well-Known Member

Packed my new bullpup up to be sent back to the manufacturer. Brand new rifle, 4 shots from 3 metres to a concrete wall, no marks on the pellets after impact I could have re used them, 5th shot stuck in the barrel. This after repairing the non indexing magazine & fixing the flex in the stock meaning if I torqued the stock down the trigger wouldn't work was the final straw. Not to mention the trigger falling apart when removing the action from the stock.

On the plus side it looks pretty :)

whambam likes this.