1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

What Clay Gun £5k Budget

Discussion in 'Shotguns (SGC)' started by Petay, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Petay

Petay Donator

Had my 690 black for 9 months. It shoots well enough but I've not really connected with it, doesn't make me smile when I pick it up.

Looking for options in the £5k bracket, new or second hand. Something with nice wood on it.

Thoughts?

2. Buckshot

Buckshot Posting Addict

£5K is out of my price bracket i'm afraid, have you looked at the Caesar Guerini range? They have some beautiful guns in their line up. general opinion is that they are extremely good value.
    I have recently bought a Summit Ascent and personally i can't fault it. nice wood, perfectly balanced, comes with 8 chokes in a nice ABS case with a 10 year warranty.

3. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Very Active

A nice Blaser or second hand Perazzi perhaps?

4. Petay

Petay Donator

I've been contemplating a CG Invictus grade 3 as it's just in bracket but I never see anyone with them and it makes me wonder why.

Blaser F3 is defo on the radar but second hand as it would need to be is a bit of a mine field i am told as they have revised the gun so many times so knowing age and doing homework is needed.

Looking at Perazzi and if love one but it has to come from someone who'll let me try before I buy as each gun is so individual and the classic shoulder and swing it about for a bit in the shop routine won't do

5. Figgy

Figgy Big Poster

With Perazzi make sure the gun fits or is close enough to be fitted to you. Lots of them have been fitted to customers with it being free on new purchase.
    You may struggle with your budget to get a Perazzi with nice wood, most of the nice stocks would have cost your budget as an upgrade when new also the handling will be very different to the Caesar Guerini.
    The Invictus Accent Summit is a decent clay gun and five friends shoot them. Very close in handling and fit to the Kreighoff K80 supersport.
    The blsser F3 Pro is a nice gun but prices have gotten silly in the last few years. My mate would get. More for his now than when he bought it four years ago. You can get some real nice wood on the Blasers if you look around.avoid early Invictus clay guns they had rust issues with the barrel finish, a few I know had to be sent back to be sorted. But don't let it put you off they can take some abuse and pattern very very well with the maxis chokes. The ten year warranty is good and the UK importers are good.
    The latest DT11 used is a good gun and sensible buy too.
    Try as many as you can and then decide on which make and model you want, then start searching for the right gun.
    I'd never buy a expensive gun new, you loose too much,. Go for a nearly new one, there will be some about where people bought and couldn't get on with it.
    Your going the opposite way in your guns to myself. I sold my expensive clay gun, I realised that with modern manufacturing, the likes of Yildiz are making a pro sporter which you can swap parts with a Perazzi for a fraction of the cost. If you want to buy a safe bet that may go up over the next few years it would be a Blaser with nice woodwork.

Nords and Buckshot like this.
  6. rich79

rich79 No deep or funny comment here

I'm pretty sure you can get a secondhand Krieghoff for that.

PaulBB likes this.
  7. Figgy

Figgy Big Poster

If you do chances are it will be a old Arabesque engraved high shot count Kreighoff.
    To get a decent used K80 SuperSport, your looking at around 7k. You might be lucky and find a little used one bought when they were £7500.00 new before they went up to 10k. Using the rule of two thirds 5k would be right.
    I used to laugh and joke with my mate who was ready to buy a K80, then the new Caesar Guerini came out, he shot it and it was half the price new compared to a used K80. Comparing them I said it's so close I called it a C75 not quite a K80. If I had shot a Invictus before buying the K80 I too would have bought one. I can't see where the extra money is in a Kreighoff to justify its high price.

Buckshot likes this.
  8. no country members

no country members Tooled up tool

Krieghoff
    ^ ^^^^
    Here it is between the K and the f. :D

WR14210 likes this.
  9. rich79

I can't see where the money goes in alot of shotguns past a certain price, unless they're handmade of course.

10. Figgy

Figgy Big Poster

Even hand made these days has a lot of CNC machined parts in them. Purdey and Holland and Holland both use CNC made parts. Hand finished is what they should now be called.

foxtrott likes this.
  11. rich79

I went round H&H back in about 99, the actions were cnc machined standing upwards, quite interesting really, they said they get art students in to learn the engraving.

12. Petay

Petay Donator

Shortlist to try

beretta 694 (worry it'll feel similar to my 690 so I'll not be into it)

CG Invictus (will probs aim for a grade 3)

Blaser F3 (but a newer one ideally)

And then it's whatever nice Perazzi I can find that fits

I'm contemplating a Miriku Mk38 and a Browning 725 Prosport but I wasn't into the browning when I tried it before

13. Figgy

Figgy Big Poster

A nice newer grade 5 mk38 is a good gun and not like one of old, barrel heavy and numb. The Browning 525 crown is a gun I like, fantastic handling and looks, but way overpriced for silver decoration, the gold inflated guns are cheaper.
    The UltraXS pro is another good looking and nice shooting gun, some ha e stunning wood too.
    If your looking at CG Invictus look for a good used grade 5.
    Personally I'd steer clear of perazzis, shot a fair few and some nice nice triggers but lots are very ugly and have floorboards for woodwork.
    Try a nice DT10, the later ones have the same chokes as your 690. Very nice guns, a mate has one that's a joy to shoot.

14. Tyler durdon

Tyler durdon Big Poster

Browning ultra Xs pro nice gun everything you need for around 3.5 k new , don’t overlook a mk38 can order with an adjustable stock to lovely guns

talent, foxtrott and Buckshot like this.
  15. Petay

Petay Donator

Made my decision and paid my monies yesterday... See separate post.

Suffice to say i am happy

16. the ratcher

the ratcher Engaging Member

Beretta so5

17. foxtrott

foxtrott I'll be back

My dad had a hand made arther turner of Sheffield shot gun Real quality.

lee71, Tyler durdon and Figgy like this.
  18. DUNKS

DUNKS Big Poster

Dont go anywhere till you have at least had a look at the new Yildiz pro sporter. You wont get better wood and we cant fault the mechanics. As has been said most guns now "in your price bracket" are CNC made.
    Have a holiday with the change!

Storcky and WR14210 like this.
  19. Storcky

Storcky Keyboard Hero

Where can you have a holiday atm:shrug:

20. 110 sam

110 sam Active Member

Blazer F16 bought one in March ,grade 5 wood 32” barrels £2700 never shot better knocks spots off my beretta def worth a look

Attached Files:

Ruffian likes this.