1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

What Airgun?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jackrob, Feb 1, 2014.

1. jackrob

jackrob Member

I moved to Canada in 2006 and presently enjoy squirrel shooting. At this moment I'm using a .22 rimfire but it does worry me shooting up into the trees in case I was to miss the tree, who knows were the bullet would end up. I'm considering going the airgun avenue. The only restrictions we have in Canada is that we're not allowed any airgun that has a device to supress the report of the gun. Taking this into consideration what would you reccomend.

Thanks,

Jack Rob

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

So any airgun without a silencer?

If you want a PCP rifle then an Air Arms S400 will do nicely with an MTC Viper 10x44 Scope
    If you want a break barrel springer,the Weihrauch HW99 will do nicely,again with the 10x44 Viper
    If you want an underlever,the Weihrauch HW97,HW77 or the Air Arms Pro Sport or Air Arms TX200 are also great guns,10x44 Viper will also do nicely.

3. JD

JD Donator

Off licence, are you not restricted by power ?

4. jackrob

jackrob Member

If you don't have a PAL (possession and acquisition licence) you are only allowed an a airgun under 500fps. If you do have a PAL there is no restriction on power. As I have several firearms I do have a PAL.

5. mattyts

mattyts Donator

So your looking at high powered versions of the above guns..personally I would go for the S400,it's PCP so no hard spring to cock (Will be harder when theres no power restriction) and you can change the power on PCPs without changing springs etc.

6. JD

JD Donator

What sort of ranges are you wanting to shoot to with a airrifle ?

7. jackrob

jackrob Member

Out to about 60yds should be good.

8. crazymadfish

crazymadfish Well-Known Member

One that i would like but think would be a F.A.C over here is the suped up version of my current air rifle the gamo hornet think it is called the gamo big cat runs at 1200fps with lead i think .22 looks to be a fine rifle from what i have heard hope this can help :)

9. jackrob

jackrob Member

What do you guys think of the airforce condor.

10. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

Airforce condor in the US is i think what we know as one of the Gunpower rifles. We have the gunpower stealth which is the fully shrouded barrel version. I think you have (sorry but I am assuming you are still in Canada although your dartmouth location causes me to be unsure) the airforce talon which is its US equivalent.
    these are capable guns but not to everyones liking. The styling is somewhat 'marmite' some love it others with more traditional tastes dont. More than capable of shooting pigeons, rabbits and squirrels in the sub 12ftlb variants. People have them in a variety of fac up to quite high fac levels (i have heard of 70ftlb on this forum - but that would surely be very noisy unmoderated) but they all seem to have had quite alot of modifications done to the gun and report they were a little rough and ready out of the box. Of course this is just their opinions and some people will always make improvements to their rifles even if they are already good guns.
    i would suggest if you get the chance go to your RFD and shoulder one or even better find someone who will let you shoot theirs as the are a very personal choice.
    ATB
    Oz

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  11. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

Thanks, hello jack rob, my nephew moved there about the same time even got a log cabin in the mountains now. anyway is it possable to make a list of airguns available to you there so any advice would be directed to a particular rifle, ok no silencer allowed which might rule out spring rifles but consider those with a gas ram, crosman etc, if you go down the PCP route look at a rifle with a barrel shroud techniclly not a silencer?? but you would need a fill system pump/bottle. 12ft llb would be ample power.

12. jackrob

jackrob Member

Narrowed down to either a tx200 in 177 or a daystate huntsman in 30ft lb .22