1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

What Air Rifle Shooting Do You Like To Do

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by thumbhole, Apr 17, 2019.

?

What air rifle shooting do you do ?

Poll closed May 1, 2019.
  1. Hunting

63 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. Plinking

69 vote(s)
    53.5%
  3. FT

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. HFT

24 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. Bit of everything

20 vote(s)
    15.5%
  6. Paper punching

54 vote(s)
    41.9%
  7. Bell Target

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Fiddling with your nuts bolts and knobs and all things dismantled and improved, restored

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thumbhole

thumbhole Post Whore

Lets see if the forum prefer one more than the other.

steevie dan and Blue BSA like this.
  2. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Some paper target shooting disciplines would probably be appreciated by a few members ;)

steevie dan and MartinJGUK like this.
  3. Jonkem

Jonkem Engaging Member

I'm NOT one of em cloverleaf, can't concentrate long enough, get bored and start missing !!

steevie dan likes this.
  4. PLINK

PLINK @active_airguns

Hunting/plinking
    I can't get enough of either

5. robs5230

robs5230 If it's a springer, it will be oversprung

Just hunting / pest control.
    The club range only visited for zeroing

steevie dan and Marky-Boy like this.
  6. rich79

rich79 Donator

Where's the "I buy air rifles & take them apart with the intention of tuning/restoration but never quite finish them" option?

7. steevie dan

steevie dan Big Poster

Hunting and a little plinking now and then.

Marky-Boy likes this.
  8. Robgriff1

Robgriff1 Post Whore

Like like to hunt more than plink but unfortunately I plink more than I hunt

steevie dan and Marky-Boy like this.
  9. border

border Busy Member

Hunting but still do a bit target work. Just to keep my hands in. I use the back of kitchen cubarts with orange 8mil stickers on it gives a definite hole , hate paper as it just tears.it's a realy good hobby. Atb bob.

steevie dan likes this.
  10. freiston

freiston Member

I have a paper target holder and a plinking spinner set up in the garden close to the rat run. The paper target is for setup/technique improvement and the spinner for fun/practice. I'm very much a beginner but now that I've got over my technique issue with the scope, I do get clean head-shots on the rats. Being there ready when the rats are out and the rats staying still long enough to get the shot are the biggest problems - when I've sat there for 15 minutes without a rat appearing, I usually discharge at the spinner.

steevie dan likes this.
  11. Tricky13

Tricky13 Keyboard Hero

Targets and plinking for me...but i am also a compulsive fiddler i have to try and improve things so my guns are used to being dismantled.

steevie dan likes this.
  12. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Post Whore

steevie dan, Jay Butts and Turkeylegs like this.
  13. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Post Whore

And why no bell target on your poll?

[​IMG]

ciaran, steevie dan and brent like this.
  14. warrenater

warrenater Donator

Hunting and a rare bit of plinking which i try to keep to a minimum as a courtesy to the neighbours.

steevie dan likes this.
  15. Turkeylegs

Turkeylegs Engaging Member

Paper punching is my main one, the challenge has to be tried to be believed, very difficult and for me I have to have just one more try .
    Id love to plink a lot more than I do which is rare as my back garden is small and the neighbours on three sides make it inpractical. Unless of course I wasn't bothered about annoying them. But I am, so I don't.

steevie dan likes this.
  16. Turkeylegs

Plunching? :) or just more practice for paper punching.

17. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface Nobody's honkin' Manilow

Hunting mainly also do a lot of playing about targetting. I have a place set up with a box to sit on at the low fork of a tree to rest on and have targets at different distances on the trees away from me. I find it theraputic what with the breathing techinique practice and repetition loading also expensive on pellets because ill put nearly a tin through when im zoned out and really into it. Every other day do targetting and pretty much everyday after work, weather permitting, ill hunt till sundown. Want to start early morning for an hour before work but im just to knackered and need my beauty sleep:D
    Intend to try and join local club soon which would be Tondu shooting club. See whats what there. Plus i could maybe get a few tips from the seasoned targetters.:thumb:

18. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Post Whore

[​IMG]

Joe, he was a young cordwangler,
    Munging greebles he did go,
    And he loved a bogler's daughter
    By the name of Chiswick Flo.

Vain she was and like a grusset
    Though her gander parts were fine,
    But she sneered at his cordwangle
    As it hung upon the line.

So he stole a woggler's mooly
    For to make a wedding ring,
    But the Bow Street Runners caught him
    And the judge said "He will swing."

Oh, they hung him by the postern,
    Nailed his mooly to the fence
    For to warn all young cordwanglers
    That it was a grave offence.

There's a moral to this story,
    Though your cordwangle be poor,
    Keep your hands off other's moolies,
    For it is against the law.

19. Turkeylegs

I was a big fan of the carry on films :)

20. Jay Butts

Jay Butts Quick, put it back before anybody notices!

I like to do a bit of everything when I can although not yet tried HFT. Hopefully this will happen soon as I’m on a local club waiting list. Also arranged to meet up with @TinCan Tony at some point where Mrs Tincan is going to teach me how to shoot!