1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

What Air Gun For £1500+ Budget

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by atyl1972, Apr 1, 2018.

1. atyl1972

atyl1972 Member

Hi everyone, I currently have a budget of £1500+ for my 1st air rifle ( I have finance set up for such an amount - GUN ONLY as I have a bottle and scope sorted ) I know I want a pcp preferably with a high shot count as I will be spending some time on the ranges prior to gaining a perm.

Unfortunately for me personally I have fell into the mind field that deep that I find it hard to decide, some are saying to me buy cheap 1st then get used to the gun, others are saying to buy what you can afford and what you like, I'm at the point where my head is fizzed, lol.

I have tried several guns, really liked the feel and shot of the AA Ultimate sporter in 177, like the look of the BSA R-10 SE Firefly limited edition, so do I go down the route of 2 guns, one being the AA for hunting (low shot count) and the BSA for ranges (higher shot count) when the time comes that I get a perm and feel competent that I can kill cleanly, or go down the route of say, Daystate Pulsar or equivalent gun of the same cost?

What I would like is the ability to have a gun sling being attached to whichever gun I choose, I have a scope and bottle set up as part of the finance deal, but also aesthetics is important for me too, which I know is very subjective.

Any help and advice is very much appreciative.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Neck and neck for me, but out of the two as I have one - The R10;)

3. Popgun

Popgun Donator

Mebe a rethink tomorrow on the 2nd :D

4. madpastie

madpastie Donator

what about an impact? certainly has a high shot count and accurate, never used mine for hunting though

5. atyl1972

atyl1972 Member

The finance I have was originally with the Impact with the new x barrel but I found it so uncomfortable to shoot, it may not have been set up right for my eye relief, however the shot count is fantastic and very very accurate when I shot it

bucketboy likes this.
  6. PaulJC

PaulJC Well-Known Member

Ultimate sporter for me... I prefer it over the R10 i had, but it's very much personal preference i think...

7. ukglyn

ukglyn Very Active

For exactly that budget you could buy my old Hatsan!:D:D

On a serious note, have you looked/shouldered a HW100?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Samiad and littleJon365 like this.
  8. Mike.lewis

Mike.lewis Very Active

Artemis and save yourself about a grand :)

littleJon365 likes this.
  9. mmamonster

mmamonster Very Active

Fx impact

littleJon365 likes this.
  10. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

That is a very good point there’s no need to get in to dept over a Airgun these days finance is a rip off to start with plenty new budget offerings on the market new but even more bargains second hand it’s a buyers market at min on mid range guns and having owned most the top end guns feel for hunting your going to get as many dead bunny’s with a cheaper gun unless going to serious comp there’s no need to spends so much you can pick up a s410 these days scooped for £350 and although not my cup of tea no denying it will get u as many bunny’s as a pulsar ect and no massive loss when/if u sell it

gasman likes this.
  11. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

Hw 99 and £1300 in me pocket :)

12. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Like to see u get a impact scope and tank with £1500 on finance

13. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

I started off going the cheap route, and then it just got more expensive. Wish I'd just bought the good stuff first :D

S510 US for me, it's an absolute corker of a gun (mine wasn't anywhere close to £1500 though!). Wasn't happy with the shot count (more than enough for hunting, but it bugs me when plinking). So I've now bought something else which will give me near 10 times that shot count, and didn't cost me 31500 either :)

14. Popgun

Popgun Donator

Dont buy what you cant afford, its a luxury, not a necessity

UnionJackJackson likes this.
  15. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

I’d go for a hw100 and a nicer scope or AA 410 with nicer scope, it’s ok getting 1500 gun, but put and cheap scope on it and it’s next to useless

tombillings916 likes this.
  16. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Another good point if new to shooting learning to shoot with a springer is a big bonus as once you’ve learnt with a pcp u will not get hang of a springer easily where as other way round is easy and no dept what so ever

Samiad, rabbitwrecker and gasman like this.
  17. atyl1972

atyl1972 Member

Yes shot it, loved it but my . it is boring to look at, everything else on the gun is like wow though.

ukglyn likes this.
  18. atyl1972

atyl1972 Member

Couldn't get on with it tbh, this was originally a part of a finance package I got set up, but I am now choosing something else.....

19. atyl1972

atyl1972 Member

please read
    yes agree, please see edited OP, as £1500 is for a gun, everything else pretty much sorted.

20. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

And still your not going to get a impact on finance for £1500