1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

What A Difference !

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by monsta41, Aug 11, 2018 at 8:20 PM.

1. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

i saw on adverts that virgin were giving their new customers the latest tivo box and i was stuck with the old style one...so i decided to be cheeky and phoned them and told them my tivo box wasnt working, could i get a replacement...they said they would send a signal to test the equipment so i turned it off lol 2 hours later they agreed to send me a replacement.....the latest tivo v6 box

its got a bigger hard drive...its faster...better quality hd picture and its smaller in size, can record 6 channels while watching another and the best bit...a remote finder function by holding a button on the box the remote beeps until you find it lol.....
    also my little girl now has the old tivo box in her room now so she can watch cartoons while she plays :)

i think they should offer these to existing customers as matter of fact, not just when you have a faulty set top box

SteveO, foxtrott, Sky and 2 others like this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Major Poster

Result mate

monsta41 likes this.
  3. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Cushty :thumb:

Ray

monsta41 likes this.
  4. ibo7

ibo7 Engaging Member

If you don't ask, you don't get :thumb:

monsta41 likes this.
  5. hughlle

hughlle Keyboard Hero

Nothing better than being sneaky and taking advantage of a multinational who'd do everything they can to take advantage of their customers :D good work!

Rudolph Hucker and monsta41 like this.
  6. Baldalot

Baldalot Busy Member

Very nice, Carl. Everyone is happy. :)

monsta41 likes this.
  7. zeeco

zeeco Donator

Most companies couldn't care less about retaining customers, only signing up new ones!
    Sky,BT and Virgin are getting very expensive.

8. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

tell me about it.... my tv and internet cost me over £60 a month

9. pjgtech

pjgtech Donator

Carl, I got one of the new Tivo boxes when they first came out on Virgin, put my name down early for one, they are so much better than the old box, I rarely watch live tv now, record everything I want to watch, then watch it via Tivo and fast forward thru all the ads, and as you say, it can record more channels now too, great stuff.... :thumb:

ibo7 and monsta41 like this.
  10. SteveO

SteveO Organ Donator

I keep ringing them to take their old crap away, have two TV boxes and 4 routers here that they never seem to want back! They don't belong to me like the Sky one's I had.

What should I do with them?

Nice result btw Carl! :thumb: