1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Well Fed Up, Craapy Health Means Looks Like Selling My Scooter :(

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by DRAGONBAIT666, Sep 12, 2019.

1. DRAGONBAIT666

DRAGONBAIT666 Posting Addict

Sigh, thought I could get back into biking so bought a Honda 250cc scooter, great lil thing but due to my health looks like I may have sell it, damaged my coccyx few yrs back and bust my right elbow too (seperate incidents), so it's painful riding, looks like I need accept I can't anymore, sucks big time so thought I would have a final moan about it before listing scooti, dammit, always something init. grrr

2. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

I feel for you DB having to give up 2 Wheels, I was 67 a few weeks ago and it's something I often think about, my Health and Fitness is pretty good at the moment but, you don't know what's around the corner, she watches me like an Hawk when I'm manoeuvring the Bike about in the Garage, she's looking for any signs of weakness and she'll pounce, she's never liked me having a Bike, I retired a couple of years ago and haven't Driven anything on 4 Wheels and I have no intentions of doing so but, like you I'd be gutted to give up the Bike.
    Once again, I'm sorry to hear this and completely understand where your coming from..:(

Regards
    Ray

3. bucketboy

bucketboy Very Active

Keep the bike, just fit one of these

19199A0D-58D1-4134-9054-79D85B40E1BC.jpeg

Bb

OldGreyDog and DRAGONBAIT666 like this.
  4. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

It seems like only the other week you were excited about getting one DRAGONBAIT666, sad to hear you now had to pack it in though health problems.

Keep shooting and enjoy:thumb:

5. peasemold

peasemold Busy Member

If the donut pillow might damage your street cred :D, it might be worth trying sheepskin. I found it made a significant difference to the discomfort level. And what about a neoprene support for the elbow?
    I've recently downsized to a 300cc scoot as the weight of the bike was becoming a hazard. It was downsize or stop riding, and I really didn't want to do that.

oedbachgen and DRAGONBAIT666 like this.
  6. DRAGONBAIT666

Also elbow i bust yrs back is now playing up. Getting weaker.
    It’s a combination of many factors. I wear padded cycling shorts under biking gear. Also seat isn’t standard it’s memory foam. Naa all in all time to say enough enough n face facts. Could be worse. I could be old fat bald n ugly.
    Aw heck. Just looked in mirror. :( :(

Ossie, Dicer, oedbachgen and 3 others like this.
  7. Bezzer

Bezzer Posting Addict

Know the feeling, my bike had to go when my knee got real bad, promised myself I'd get another or a scooter when I'd had a knee replacement. Took 18 months wait for the op and 2 and a half years since and I still can't ride, now waiting for the replacement to be replaced :( . Resigned myself to not riding again so spending more time shooting:hunting:

DRAGONBAIT666 likes this.
  8. DRAGONBAIT666

Reduced health sucks mate. My hobbies n activities have dwindled so much. Used do some amazing calligraphy but can’t now. Still shooting for now but not been for few months. May buy new gun outta bike sale cash

9. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Beast of Bodmin !!

I’m hanging on to my goldwing as long as I can...

But I know my deteriorating health will make me sell it eventually

Maybe

Or I might keep it and polish it

Like I do now :thumb:

10. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Life in the slow lane

Not nice having to give anything up due to health issues...i actually gave up riding full time in 2001 because i have Spondylitis of the neck and it got too painful to ride any distance, But forward to three years ago when i inherited the Trident i just had to try again and things had improved (or just got num with my neck) and i dont have too much problem even my bad knees and the replacement haven't stopped me riding again.

I do worry about other idiots and the prospect of being knocked off but still reasonably confident in my riding skills and the wife still really enjoys being passenger so i guess i will just trust to luck as i always have done....67 next month and not about to give up just yet.;)

OldGreyDog and DRAGONBAIT666 like this.
  11. skin fx

skin fx Busy Member

feel yr pain DB, i also broke my elbow a few yrs ago,plays up often!!!! i ride a vespa t5 but due to a hernia opp last year i been off the road as i just couldnt kick start it due to the surgery. i have had a few problems with the healing process,wound opening back up etc...but i recently had a steroid jab into the wound area ,and it was awful for fist two weeks but i actually feel a lot better now..so hopefully i will be back on two wheels again soon.....this getting old is not all it's cracked up to be.............

Wacko74 and DRAGONBAIT666 like this.
  12. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Replica Airgun Enthusiast

In 2014 I crashed my R6 track bike at Barn corner at Cadwell Park. Shattered my right collarbone, now have a new titanium one, broke right elbow and right wrist and had a few other injuries including bad nerve damage. I suffer really bad arthritis in these areas now as well as my right ankle I shattered in 7 places in the 1980's which still has some pins holding it together and my left arm I badly broke in another crash in 90's. But I'm still riding my GSXR750 on the track (same track) again this weekend. I'm in my mid 50's now and it is getting harder and harder and very uncomfortable but I ain't giving up yet. I just can't.

10628719_10204536181782749_6477980885089278766_o.jpg

Chris Payne, M3ntal, Molgraze and 5 others like this.
  13. DRAGONBAIT666

Loved my gsxr750.
    Never crashed on bike but had loads of close calls.
    When younger mostly down to my irresponsible riding

oedbachgen likes this.
  14. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

I was talking to a guy over in Brecon the other day peasemold, and he was 63 and not long had a op on his two knees, he was trying out his 2019 650 burgman scooter, it looked:cool:.

15. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Still got a sense of humour though DRAGONBAIT666, and we all need a bit of that.

16. DRAGONBAIT666

My original plan was get back into biking by buying cheap scooti then if all goes well maybe look at getting Suzuki 650

beazly and oedbachgen like this.
  17. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

It Looks a mean machine DRAGONBAIT666.

18. DRAGONBAIT666

Lol mines not mean. But will cruise 2 up at 70mph all day. Tenner petrol takes me about 200 miles

Attached Files:

oedbachgen likes this.
  19. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Maybe I should have said for a scooter, it looked a mean machine;)

20. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

I had one of these about 15 years ago.

A Gilera runner 125 with a bit of tuning done. It was a fast little feker, 90mph on the flat.

Really miss it!

C384171D-F2B1-45CC-9E7F-66BD5600D93E.jpeg

Ruffian, Gunfun, oedbachgen and 2 others like this.