1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good news Weihrauch Hw97k Review

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Tuckermoto, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Tuckermoto

Tuckermoto Engaging Member

Hi everyone
    As some will know I’ve jumped ship and wanted to go back to old school breaker barrel style guns going from C02..
    So last weekend on private land I set up a little hide amongst the hedges and left it for a week up so the little bunnies got accustomed to it be there..so yesterday evening ( Saturday ) I decided was the day to try out my little Hw97..the gun was all ready zeroed at 30 yards by the previous owner so i left it as it was ..after sitting in my little hide drinking a can a coke a rather big bunnie came into view at around 28-30 yards so I raised my gun and slowly put the barrel through the netting waited for mr bunny to pop his head up and took the shot ..the bunnie dropped dead on the spot hardly any movement ..so was this a lucky shot I thought ..but again bunnies friend came out to play at approximately the same distance again I slowly lifted my HW97 did a little squeak for the raising of the head and dropped the bunnie stone dead ..after reading the reviews on the Hw97 they were all right it’s a cracking / very accurate gun if you don’t want the hassle of pumping up your gun with air or having to lug the cylinder around in your motor then go for one of theses Hw97 they sure do what it says on the tin

Richard

2. chewyd99

chewyd99 Busy Member

Just got my self a mk1 97 today and looking forward to getting out with it

foxtrott and Robgriff1 like this.
  3. Tuckermoto

They are a cracking gun they are so accurate and have hardly any recoil I’m sure you won’t be disappointed
    I was going to get a PCP but I’m sticking with this one no running costs air / pump etc

foxtrott and chewyd99 like this.
  4. chewyd99

chewyd99 Busy Member

What mk is your 97?

5. Tuckermoto

Not sure it’s old it’s 10 years old I bought it from someone who had it from new ..I use Accupell.22 pellets they do the business they hit hard my guns running consistently at around 10.5 ftlb and it takes rabbits at 30 yards no problem and I’m running basic scope that I can’t adjust it’s fixed magnification it’s a great gun

6. chewyd99

chewyd99 Busy Member

Great stuff get some pictures up

7. Tuckermoto

I will do later

chewyd99 likes this.
  8. neil180

neil180 Busy Member

My favourite air rifle :)

I have some beauties ;)

foxtrott likes this.
  9. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Cracking rifle the 97 :cool:

Ray

foxtrott and chewyd99 like this.
  10. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

Absolutely loved my 97 but had to sell it to help fund some wheels.

[​IMG]

PumpnGun, PaulBB, Dan Machin and 3 others like this.
  11. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

The 97 is a cracking rifle.

But I hope that you checked zero before hunting rather than relying on it previously set to 30y - I hope I read that wrong?

Keep enjoying

12. Tuckermoto

Yes it was good I tried on a target

mikeyhall1, Seamaster and Gary Jones like this.
  13. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Big Poster

I like to see pic's of pairs of different rifles together, especially ones that aren't 'competitors' as it were. The 97 is a tad bigger than the R10 isn't it!?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  14. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Very Active

My 97k is a keeper. :up: accuracy is phenomenal.

Atb Gary

Blue BSA likes this.
  15. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

my 97 is an excellent bit of kit...was great out of the box, is even better with a tinbum kit installed and the trigger tuned

Blue BSA and Gary Jones like this.
  16. walter Often

walter Often Big Poster

At the moment I have a hatsan 900x that I bought for my wife. I've had air rifles since a kid, but I'm a novice to be fair. After shooting my wifes Hatsan, I realised I want to get into it again. I only want a Springer though. Ive always liked the look of the TX200 HC, but after speaking to other people, it's a 50/50 between that and a HW97K. I've looked at lots of images, and read and watched many reviews. I'm in a quandary. I'll be using it for vermin and magpies in my garden mostly. But I also have legit permission to shoot on a local golf course, cos of the huge rabbit problem. Can anyone help me make a decision please? Cheers.

17. walter Often

walter Often Big Poster

Update: had a go on a 97 tonight. Looking at it, I was surprised how heavy it is. No probs though, just a surprise. Nice looking bit of kit to be fair. I've never held or had a go on my dream rifle , a TX200/TX200HC . But after handling and admiring the 97k , I can see why the comparisons between the two are tight to call. I stuck half a dozen jsb 15,89 through it on the chinese chrono. 5 at 172 mps, and one at 173mps....(11.3 fpe) :up:
    How quiet it was also surprised me. I tested it in my shed by shooting at an old window board. It was that quiet, .....at first I thought it had miss fired or something!.?? It belongs to a mate of mine who I think wants to sell it. Cat and mouse game at the moment. It's a 2004/2005. So far I'm quite impressed. The real test will be when the weather breaks, so I can zero it and see what the ever increasing squadron of this years magpies make of it. I've read stuff about them needing a bit of a tickle to get the best out of them? If my hunch is right, and I maybe make my mate an offer, Is this something I could do myself, or am I best off just leave it as it is, or seek proper help from a man that knows?
    I'm also hoping to get my hands on an old HW80 soon. It's in the family. Would this be a better option than the 97....?
    Walter :thumb:

18. vonbeck

vonbeck Busy Member

Come on Walter it's about time you bit the bullet (pardon the pun) and got that springer you always promised yourself make your mate an offer for the 97 and get plinking
    Keep well matey

shauny and walter Often like this.
  19. SlugFest

SlugFest Busy Member

Really happy to see you again, Walter :thumb:

The 97 will be more accurate (usually) but I prefer the 80 because......well.......its an HW80 :D

shauny, Reevo17 and walter Often like this.
  20. walter Often

walter Often Big Poster

Cheers bud. It's a nice looking bit of kit for sure. I'm still a novice and don't have any experience of a half decent rifle. Me n the wife love our 900x, but looking at it against the 97, you can see the difference in the build quality for sure. But is beauty really only skin deep I'm wondering? It'll have to be good to take the shine off my 900. We'll see I guess?
    All the best
    Walter :thumb:

vonbeck, Robgriff1 and rabbitwrecker like this.