1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question weihrauch hw97k added performance!!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by chambo25, Feb 10, 2009.

1. chambo25

chambo25 Well-Known Member

hello again !! how can i get my hw97k more silent?? has anyone modified theirs?? was looking on you tube n a guy says he bought a different silencer 4 it is this true?? V-Mach upgrades? what straps/pellets/bipods/scopes/lamping kits would all you people recommend?? any info what so ever would be a great help !! many thanks.

CHAMBO25

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. springboy

springboy Engaging Member

Once you've made sure that it is unloaded,if you look down the silencer into the bore you will notice that the hole is actually a 7mm allen fitment.Put the allen key in and turn it so that the top of the silencer comes off.Now i've been told that there isn't actually anything inside the silencer to make it more effective,just basically a plenum chamber.Then all you do is experiment on what makes the gun more quieter,apparently inside the silencer of a HW100 there is what looks like a hair curler,and HW100 silencers are one of the quietest around.Good luck.

3. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

Shotmaster Tuning (Dave) not to far from you in Worksop does excellent tuning kits for HW springers, if you want HW advice he's the man. I'll pm you his phone number.ATB Nick

4. chambo25

would be great does he have an internet site ???? that also would be good!! thanks for the info:)

5. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

Shotmaster

Hi Chambo, Dave doesn't have a web site, when I was looking at a tuning kit, V-Mach was about £70.00 fit it yourself, Dave fitted mine for that price. I have a Logun silencer (very similar in performance to the Weirauch one by all accounts) on my 95, its smooth & quite but not silent.If your over for the Newark show you can have a go with it, see if the noise level is what your after. Have you seen the Weirauch silencer demo on youtube. ATB Nick

6. noluv6

noluv6 Engaging Member

That is a nice 97.
    Get the proper hw silencer "best in the business by mile's".

tony of sandwell field sport's make's custom one's but again I would choose the proper hw silencer.

As for bipod's dont bother,scope you want simmon's wtcs or aetec's for hunting,hft I would say a bushnel 10x44,ft there I a loud but being a springer you will need a more expensiver one due to springer's recoil busting them...

Sling is a must.

7. noluv6

noluv6 Engaging Member

Bonnie and clyde are also very cheap.
    IMO v-mach tuning kit's are over priced,I've seen bonny + clyde tuned rifle's and the recoil is that low you can keep a pellet on the action while taking a shot "I kid you not".

8. chambo25

thankyou everyone for your replies to my post!!! i think the tuning kit is a must!! v-mach bonnie n clyde which ones best?? i know the v-mach kits are £70 how much for the other????

Yes i defo want to make my 97k more silent & would prefer to get the weihrauch silencer for the weapon does anyone know of a site which sell these silencers so i can look more into it please!!!

9. chambo25

10. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Nice link,very helpful :up:

11. chambo25

no probs mate!!

Any info on the hw97k i find i will pass on to others for usefull information!!:)

12. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

weihrauch

Weihrauch also have an owners club site, if you do a search you will find it.;)Cheers for now Nick

13. chambo25

14. chambo25

joined the owners club thanks again nick your a star!!!:)

15. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde is ShotMaster Tuning, you wont be dissapointed

16. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

Your very welcome, dont forget to have a look at the Shooting Show at Newark Showground 28 Feb & 1 March

17. chambo25

i have given dave a ring @ bonnie n clyde who says he can help me out by re-baffling my current 97k silencer n adding his own bonnie n clyde tuning kit to my HW for just £80!! impressive!!! i am posting it to him next week!! he told me to join the *** forum n personal message him but it wont let me join saying the board will not accept my e-mail addy!!! help!!!!

*thanks again nick*

your info has helped alot!!

18. 12BoreMax=P

12BoreMax=P Posting Addict

the best thing to do with any of the HWs . is to strip them right down . clean out the chamber and try your best to polish it a bit . the do the same with the piston and spring , the put the thinnest of coats of mollycot grease round the seide of the piston head and put it back together ,. ive done it with every HW ive had and it worked for me :up:

19. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

Bonnie & Clyde email

I'll pm you Daves email address

20. chambo25

i also find that holding the 97k with one hand around the silver loading chamber whilst walking around hunting with this weapon gives excellent weight distribution n makes it light as a feather!!:up: