1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Weihrauch HW77k Summer Fruits special edition - taste my rainbow, you mother!

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by cloverleaf, Nov 12, 2015.

1. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

So, this came my way recently - an HW77k Special in "Summer Laminate" I believe.

It came up the club with me for a little test last night - my intention being to check it over before moving it on.

At 20yds I was impressed with the 1/2", 5-shot group it managed off a rest with the open sights. As much as I'm no fan of the shape of the new stocks, I love the colouring and the ergonomics are great - especially considering it's ambidextrous... the laminate also affords an nice, solid heft in the hands too.

Being in the knuckle-dragger's calibre it's pretty refined to shoot - this only being detracted from slightly by a touch of spring buzz and a slightly creepy 2nd stage on the trigger - both of which are pretty straightforward to fix.

It's not mint (some marks on the stock and fingerprints on the comp. tube) however presentable, and the finish on the action is a lot better than I've come to expect of HW products recently..

So now I'm not so sure about moving it on any more.. I suspect it'll go eventually as I have no use for it, however for now I'm quite happy to hang onto it for a while.

What do we reckon? :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  2. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Reminds me of a pub carpet , :p

but it I have to say , your pictures certainly do it the justice !

3. Philpot

Philpot Posting Addict

My son in law would love this as he is fancying one, I do admit that I would quite like one in the cabinet and I really like the laminate shades. It it possible to fit a mod to these.

Phil

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

Very nice, one of the few laminate stock I like, can't stand the look of some of them, but that is nice.

5. jakey226

jakey226 Busy Member

looks very nice that, especially for a laminate stock! as always your photography doing it justice!

6. themadspread

themadspread Donator

looks sweet mike

7. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

i like the colour looks good

8. rizla1

rizla1 hi

Im not a fan of these type of stocks but that does look nice

9. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Get it Wonky'd!

Scrinja likes this.
  10. Calibre

Calibre Busy Member

I like it.....a lot! :rocka:

11. jameswrx

jameswrx Engaging Member

Looks smart. I can't help but wonder how long those of us that do find them attractive will actually like the laminate? I do wonder if they will go out of fashion and we'll be looking at threads in a couple of years where people have bought a laminate cheap and given it a new life in a classy walnut stock.

I do like it, but I'm not sure I'd buy one as I can feel my opinion wavering.

Your photography skills are superlative though, regardless of the subject.

12. andy46

andy46 Donator

another lovely bit of photographic work there mate,nice looking 77 too,enjoy

13. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

My one used to look like that now the stock sits in my closet and the action in a custom stock should have just bought the standard stocked version :facepalm: great pics as usual.

14. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I must admit I like these laminate 77's :up:

15. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

that does look nice just a shame you didnt take any better pictures they are a bit blurry

16. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

oh nope scratch last comment just cleaned my glasses :rolleyes::p;)

17. knighthawk

knighthawk Posting Addict

I have the same gun..But the colors are much darker..Could be the light in the picture...I have the blue 97k too..love laminate gun stocks[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

Lovely looking 77 Mike!!!!

19. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

ill tell you what we reckon, we reckon you should move it on ;) first dibs please!

20. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Cheers guys - particularly for all the love for the photos. It was a pretty easy subject to shoot if I'm honest :)

You can, but (providing you want to retain the original muzzle assy) it's a bit of a squiffy proposition. In this case your best bet is probably HW's own dedicated mod; although it'll cost you about £75..

Tis a thought - although that won't stop it being the wrong calibre :p

Tbh I don't see laminate as a fad / passing phase. It's been about on firearms for decades not and is only really starting to make significant inroads into airguns. Obviously a matter of taste to an extent, although it has its advantages over other woods and personally I like it, although each to their own!

lol, certainly - first dibs is yours!

I'm sure it'll go eventually, once the novelty has worn off :p