1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Webley Raider 10

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Steff, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Steff

Steff Active Member

Hi Guys. It's good to see some new posts have been making there way onto the forum! Anyway... Couple of questions ... open debate.. does anyone have any experience of the Webley Raider 10? I have an AAs410 and wondered how there compare? What is the Webley build quality like? As good as the AA? What about their springers? Xocet and what's that other break barrel they do?
    If you had to chose between a Webley Raider 10 and a BSA Scorpion, what would you go for? Finally.... I have a Hills pump for my AA410, is it relatively easy to get the adapters for other manufacturers charging points?
    It a sunny Saturday morning... Too good to be here at work! LoL! Happy shooting.
    steff

2. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Raider 10

Hi Steff, I havn't used one but I should imagine its fairly similar to the other FX types.
    They're so cleverly simple inside,it makes me ask why they cost so much?

3. Steff

Steff Active Member

How d'ya mean simple?

Does the design differ from other types? Excuse my ignorance! What about build quality overall? Same as AA / BSA? What do you think?
    steff

4. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Internals

Hi, I've only had experience with the Logun Axsor,Webley FX 2000 and RWS Excalibre,they're pretty much the same things(Excal is best).
    All the internals seem to be well made,all the materials seem to be strong enough.Barrels are superb. My only critisism is that the "ratchet" on the outside of the magazine,being made from aly,wears away.I think FX have now made changes to the indexing arm but i can't say wether this applies to the Raider or not.
    I havn't yet handled a Scorpion.At a guess it'll be similar internally to the Hornet range.(my mate is buying one any day. I'll keep you posted)
    Looking at pics, the charging probe looks more or less identical to the FX 1/4 probes.
    This type of probe seems to be becoming a standard with new guns.
    CU.

5. lawrie

lawrie Newbie

axsor leak-help needed

Hi,

Bought a webley axsor 2nd hand about a year ago.
    Fantastic accuracy and I have become very attached to it .
    It no longer holds an aircharge for long.
    So filled it up and checked it for leaks-both allen key screws at the end of the compressed air chamber leak-i cant budge the screws no doubt because of the pressure inside so will have to wait until it loses all its pressure-i am told you shouldnt discharge it without pellets.
    When it has lost air is it likely that the problem will be fixed if i just tighten the screws or does this signify it needs new seals.

cheers

6. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi Lawrie, The machine screws holding the inlet/exhaust valves shouldn't be the cause of the leak,more the o rings inside or the valves themselves.
    Don't force the screws,it's likely they have reacted with the ally body and have stuck solid. Repeated gentle heating and cooling with a soldering iron might free them.
    My best guess is that there is a foreign object in the inlet valve assy
    Ensure cylinder is dead empty.
    Cheers.PS

7. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

the scorpion is a much better gun than the raider ,having owned both, scorpion wins!

8. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Inclined to agree,Raider is a bit of a "Sows ear" with that 'orrible silver mag + stock.
    I reckon there's too many Axsor clones out there. They're all the same gun at the end of the day.
    The RWS Excalibre was the only one to combine aesthetic appeal and value for money.
    Cheers.