1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Webley mk3 date and general help?

Discussion in 'Vintage collectable airguns' started by Woodside, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Woodside

Woodside Well-Known Member

Hi guys I was given this rifle today from a guy I am working for its been in his loft for ages?
    he is 71 and thinks he had it as a teenager but cannot quite remember?
    its a mk 3 .22

first thing it's a bit rusty but generally ok.

its missing the loading tap lever for the pellet ... so if anyone has one kicking around they don't want pm me please

and also where is the serial number so I can date this old thing..

just a little project.... I think it has a nice look to it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. OLD GIT61

OLD GIT61 if no spring it wont do a thing

info on your gun Woodside , it is a mk3. And its also a type early model 1 as for the year i would not know that .But some one will soon jump in and tell you soon.Also you can get a tap frpm Airgunspares if you google it you will find it.

3. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

Hi mate...sorry I can't be of much help, BUT - the Mk3 was in production between 1946 & 1975... Thats it I'm afraid as I know no more about the old Webley air rifle. If you Google 'Webley' then you might find bits 'n pieces which might help you out. I do know that Webley (as a company) can't supply you with production date info. Apparently it was all lost during the companys recent 'traumatic past'.
    Someone WILL know this info so don't give up yet!

4. David M

David M Donator

5. Woodside

Everyone loves pictures so here's a few more.....

you can probably see a few of the other nuts/ bolts that are missing...and the general poor condition?

Also might give you some more clues to dating....

and thanks guys for the quick responses...as always any info is helpfull

it looks extremely similar to the one pellet177 is asking info for at the moment.....it seems these are like buses ........ it would appear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  6. pellet177

pellet177 Engaging Member

hi woodside I am asking for a valuation on my webley mk111 if you look in my albums you will see it the serial number is under the cocking arm when pulled down mine is 1955 to 1956 no17944 this might give you some info check it and see if your number is near to mine

7. Woodside

Ill have a look beneath the rust

8. Woodside

If its the number on the cocking arm it is indeed pretty close

9. pellet177

yes that's right mate looks as if yours could be same era as mine hope your refurb goes well it will be worth it. I am lucky just had mine handed down from my dad never been touched fires great and its as old as me

10. David M

David M Donator

Had a look at mine today and the number on the top of the cocking arm is 6654.. ? I take it that makes it a fairly early model..

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  11. Woodside

Certainly seems an early number...
    Does anyone know roughly how many of these webley made???

12. Woodside

I had a bit of time this morning so I pulled the webley apart and gave it a light clean up....I managed to find some pretty similar bolts for the front mounts too...

and just some more information the stock has the same serial number stamped on the inside.....I'm please eto say it is the same as the barrel etc?

after a light oiling and rub down with scotch brite pads it looks 10 times better even presentable ...
    so this is how it will stay u till I source a loading tap lever...

Attached Files:

13. David M

David M Donator

Looks a different gun already Woodside........:up:

14. Deejayuu

Deejayuu Donator

The rifles mentioned up to now are Third Series. "Thrale's book" 6001 was the first of the third series using the single stage trigger recognisable by pronounced curvature of the trigger (two stage before)
    Numbers in the high 13K are known to be 1952. Stamping the stock finished around 1959 with numbers 30k +
    The loading tap lever ideally should have fine serrated top face. Love 'em.

15. Woodside

Right then
    i thinki have the coorect lever ...from protek supplies.....and I must say It was very reasonable..
    luckily it's a bit shabby too so suits the rifle just fine?

but now upon fitting and closer inspection it looks as if in the absence of the lever some muppet has been using pliers or worse to open the loading tap....so unless I can now source a new loading tap in .22 I need to sort this...

what i need to know if someone could please check on their gun....

When the lever is in the fully open position ready to accept the pellet (as in one of the pictures) is the lever at full open against the stop or do you need to wiggle the lever a bit to allow the pellet to fall in?...

i ask because repairing the rounded stub is definately possible but the correct lining of the lever on said stub could cause a problem not letting the pellet exit smoothly ....

or is there an easy way of lining up the chambers

thanks again in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  16. pellet177

hi woodside on mine when cocking the rifle the loading lever opens I think this is down to compression on the spring it opens fully and you just drop the pellet in and close chamber and fire hope this helps

17. Woodside

Hi Cheers for that
    I don't think it's an auto open unless something else is missing ....perhaps it is but I'm pretty certain it's manual

I have an mk1 airsporter that opens automatically and I love that so perhaps I will look closer..

So now can anyone tell me what the difference between the two models are. ( manual / auto loading taps)

18. Woodside

Ok before someone says it
    i know one opens automatically when you cock the rifle
    and the other you need to open manually ???

19. Woodside

Just been looking on line

did webley make a mk3 with auto open like the early airsporters?..

20. pellet177

I also had airsporter mk1 on the webley mk111 I was told that some times if the rifle was often fired empty this could affect the auto mechanism and stop it working don't know for sure if this is correct thou