1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Webley Falcon

Discussion in 'Vintage collectable airguns' started by AndrewE, Jun 29, 2018.

1. AndrewE

AndrewE Well-Known Member

I picked up this poor old girl from the girl friends mum. It's been in the shed for 36 years. It has a snapped stock and a blocked barrel.
    it's a Webley Falcon. The stock snapped in the late 70's and one of the kids shot a feather dart up it and got it stuck, followed by the rest of the box of 10 in 1982. It's been stuffed in the shed since.
    WP_20171026_18_15_07_Pro.jpg WP_20171027_10_24_16_Pro.jpg WP_20171111_22_17_01_Pro.jpg WP_20180627_21_09_16_Pro.jpg
    £24 in repairs and £12 for a scope and it's ready to go. off to the range today to spit some lead.

2. BadboyMelvin

BadboyMelvin Member

Wow! Great job! :thumb:

3. johnbaz

johnbaz Keyboard Hero

Superb job Andrew! :thumb:;):cool::cool:

John :wave:

4. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

Nice little rifles, Andrew... :up:

5. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Top Poster

That’s come out nice!!! Enjoy mate

6. TalinMoracius

TalinMoracius Active Member

Oh good work! Looks like a lovely rifle now

7. JamieB57

JamieB57 Engaging Member

My first air rifle was a .22 falcon,when I was 14 in 1971.Bought it from Tilney’s in Beccles for £8.50 second hand.Fired many thousands of pellets through it,had it tested once and found out it was shooting 7-8 ft lbs.It got traded in for a .22 rimfire in 1976,but got £10 for it.

8. Felixlogs

Felixlogs Engaging Member

My first rifle was a .22 Falcon as well, bought second hand from Goings tackle shop in Southend on Sea. IIRC, I paid £15 for it in 1987. I remember bringing it back in a cardboard case to my home in Benfleet on the bus. Used it until the cocking link fell off and eventually gave it to a friend in Norfolk as spares for his.

9. joncaddy

joncaddy Engaging Member

I've had two Falcons, nice quality rifle that gets overshadowed by other more popular Webleys. The cocking link always makes me smile, looks like it was made to support the Forth bridge. Not push back a little spring! "Don't make em like they used to"

10. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Big Poster

11. rascaltrousers

rascaltrousers Busy Member

Envious. Not of the rifle but of your obvious restoration skill. Looks great.

12. johnbaz

johnbaz Keyboard Hero

I was after a Falcon, There was one near me at a Gunsmiths but he wanted £150 for it! :eek:

I found one for less than half that at the Melbourne Vintage airgun fayre in very nice condition!
    [​IMG]

John :)

JamieB57 likes this.
  13. OldGreyDog

OldGreyDog Engaging Member

Fantastic work - a piece of history re-born...