1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question Webley Accu-Pell pellets - experience?

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Spiff500, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Spiff500

Spiff500 Member

Has anyone had any experience of Webley Accu-Pell pellets?

Ive just run about 300 or so through my brand new Alecto and I'd have to say I'm somewhat disappointed. Despite the manual saying the pistol was designed around them and recommending them!

Its definitely not me or the pistol - by comparison, Bisley practice Wadcutters go through the same hole, time after time after time. Accu-Pells are frankly all over the place!

They have a very sloppy fit in the breach, Bisley practice - and Bisley LRG are a very snug fit.

Do you think I got a bad batch? Or is it all just marketing hype? At £11 a tin they are no way twice as good as Bisley practice at £6.

Just wondered if anyone else had a different experience? I have some RWS R10s in the post, which also seem highly regarded, at this rate though I'm definitely switching back to Bisley practice.

2. milek

milek Honorary Member

I use them in my Hammerli and they produce superb groups out to 45 yards. I'm surprised that an Alecto is capable of same hole groups to be honest but what distance are you talking about?

3. GIRLYPANTS

GIRLYPANTS Banned BANNED

i used air arms and had same hole gruping at 10yards rested easy , wadcutters are awful, only good for very close range, domed all the way for me, webley accu-pell hahaha, i stick to what works and dont change, and that way i dont waist my money, theres the devil you do know and the devil ya dont

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  4. Spiff500

Spiff500 Member

Yeah - not 45 yards!

I have a 7M range in my garage :) even so, I can keyhole Bisley practice pellets, time after time. Those Accu-Pells really do seem quite awful to me, especially at £11 a tin. I reckon I could spit them with more accuracy.

Im off to the range tomorrow morning - try some 10 & 25M - I really hope I can scrounge some decent lead, really don't want to shoot those Accu-Pells any more than I have to.

5. mikemjm

mikemjm Donator

6. Spiff500

Spiff500 Member

They clearly saw me coming!

Ive got a stack of R10s in the post, for a far more reasonable price. All I can say is, they are definitely not the worlds best airgun pellet - as advertised :)

7. Irvysan

Irvysan Posting Addict

Use what works in your gun.

Don't believe the hype!

Irv

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

8. mattyts

mattyts Donator

If your shooting at 7m or so get some RWS hobby's if further try a tin of superdomes!

9. Jimsiss

Jimsiss Engaging Member

I use accupells in everything. Good pellets, can get one hole groups at 50 yards rested and ragged one hole groups at 30 yards. Pellets can be a bit inconsistent but those crosmans are the same pellets (were originally the crosmans accupells) but made to a better standard, going to test a few tins when I'm out of accupells as my Loguns only use accupells (and exactly the same size pellets).

Just remember not all airguns of the same make and model like the same pellets, differences in manufacturing tolerances can cause this.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  10. Largerider

Largerider Posting Addict

11. Spiff500

Spiff500 Member

Yes - its a .177

I picked up some RWS R10s at the club this morning, honestly the difference is night & day!

Im not the world's greatest pistol shot, but with R10s I was getting 1.5 - 2" groups card after card. The Accu-Pells weren't even going in the black consistently. Up, down, left & right you name it - no relationship to any aiming whatsoever.

I keep coming back to the sloppy fit of the Accu-Pells, they just fall into the barrel and slop down a few mil. The R10s need a little push to seat, resulting in a nice snug fit. Totally understand each weapon is different - however, I'm staggered by Webley's claim that the Alecto was designed around Accu-Pells and they are the recommended pellet.

The remainder of the tin will be going through my Co2 pistols for plinking coke cans. They don't seem to have any value for 10M targets. I don't think it's the pistol at fault, Bisley practice, Bisley LRG & now RWS R10s have proved themselves admirably.