1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Watch And Shoot....watch And Shoot !! Plinking Session.

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Wild Bill, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast and voice of reason

10 rounds at the bottom target......in your own time...........go on.........

Decided I felt like doing a bit of plinkin this afternoon. Got my eldest son to have a go with me. He has Aspergers and severe Autism but he enjoys having a go. Even if he needs some persuasion to do it right and safe. But he enjoyed it. Especially when he hit where he was aiming at.

Anyways, between us we went through 6 co2 capsules, 4 used in the DPMS and 2 in the Colt 1911 and about 400 Steel BB rounds. We had a great time in the indoor garage range. I taught him out to lock and load both weapons to the same safe practices I was taught in the military. With a magazine of 25 rounds...LOAD. Make ready. Watch and shoot, watch and shoot. In your own time......go on.

Using the normal target to get his eye in first before moving onto the proper stuff. Single aimed shots only. Moving to rapid fire when he was comfortable.

He really likes pistol shooting even if the blowback is a bit strong (he's used to pistols on Call of Duty only:D) but he loved using the Panther Arms DPMS SBR Assault rifle. (thanks @GeeTee )

Between us we ripped nearly right through one tin can and absolutely slaughtered the other. And the bad guy terrorist got it too.

The DPMS is a blast to shoot and I can empty all 25 rounds in a few seconds on target. Love it. Then finish off the bad guys (Al Tinisis) with the 1911 Tac.

A lovely couple of hours spent plinking with my son. Great fun. And I really don't care if some of you think these are 'walts' guns and you look down on us who use them(you know who you are.);)

Co2 airguns are designed for fun and they are pure fun and no mistake and it is the ideal indoor shooting pursuit. :thumb:

P1030065.JPG

P1030060.JPG

P1030062.JPG

P1030067.JPG

P1030069.JPG

P1030073.JPG

Next weeked I have promised him some Wild West plinking fun with the Colt SAA's and the Winchester. I think he prefers these modern arms though because that is what he is used to in his gaming. Although he does love his Red Dead Redemption. :thumb:

gasman, audi swift, C220w205 and 9 others like this.
  2. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Great fun , used to do the same with my nephew when he was younger at my old house , had a very long workshop so it was all weather fun for him , some co2 , some airsoft .

Tip on your AR set up , it may bother you or not , you may be interested or not.

If you Flip your RDS Mount round the other way and mount it one notch forward , you should have enough room to mount your rear iron sight at the back and be able to flip it up and use the irons in the lower third of your RDS.

Don’t get KIA over a battery malfunction mid firefight :p

ibo7, SlugFest and Wild Bill like this.
  3. SlugFest

SlugFest Engaging Member

Brilliant way to have a great time. :thumb:

(And everyone should love Red Dead Redemption) :D

Wild Bill and Jimmypie like this.
  4. Wild Bill

Thanks I'll try that. :thumb:

Jimmypie likes this.
  5. Headhunter

Headhunter Engaging Member

I cannot think of a better way to spend an afternoon than with your son, plinking at targets.

ibo7 and Wild Bill like this.
  6. garryt

garryt Engaging Member

Bleddy wannabe Rambo......:D

7. Wild Bill

What do you mean 'wannabe' ? :coffee::tea:

garryt likes this.
  8. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

That looks like amazing fun!

Wild Bill likes this.
  9. Ade C

Ade C Engaging Member

"Watch and shoot" haven't heard that in a long time!

Issac and Wild Bill like this.
  10. Wild Bill

It is Mikey. You will have to get Martin a semi auto for him to plink with at home. ;):thumb:

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  11. Wild Bill

weapon fires once..weapon stops...........:D

12. mikeyhall1

You’re onto something there mate.

Right.... time to start planning a plinking booth

Wild Bill likes this.
  13. Wild Bill

Just don't go all Regiment on him with those weapon drills Mikey.:D Although I did a bit with my lad. :thumb:

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  14. mikeyhall1

I’ll try not too mate. I’ll definitely leave the QCS white gloves in the drawer lol

15. JasonT

JasonT Member

nice setup, looks like you had lots of fun with your son

Wild Bill likes this.
  16. Wild Bill

We sure did Jason. Thanks. :up:

JasonT likes this.
  17. GeeTee

GeeTee Busy Member

Looks like you had some great fun there Andy & most importantly some precious time with your son:thumb:

18. Wild Bill

Yes thanks to you Graeme. :thumb: The DPMS is great fun.

19. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Very Active

Have you ever thought about going abroad (or Ireland) to shoot centerfire pistol Bill? Belgium is very easy to access.

20. Wild Bill

Not really mate. Too busy with work and life. But I would love it if you could go on holiday and find shooting ranges like they have in Las Vegas etc. Basically just turn up, pay your money and shoot what ya like........targets I mean, not people. :thumb:

ps, I used to shoot pistols and rifles when I was in the Forces. I last trained on the Browning Hi power in 2003 during the Gulf War when I was in the dessert.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019