1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Warranties?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Mush, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Mush

Mush Engaging Member

AA say if you add any after market parts to the rifle their warranty becomes null and void.

So, if you fitted one of the well know tuning kits and the gun at some stage in the future developed a problem on any part of it and you then re-fitted the original parts, how would you stand? Or in fact, how could any manufacture know you had changed things at some stage?

2. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

That's a liability get-out that EVERYONE uses. Most guarantees are worthless anyway IMO unless you're looking to get a refund.

Besides, if you've modified it, it is no longer the manufacturer's designed item; so why should they honour any guarantee?

Pugwash likes this.
  3. Tim_B

Tim_B Big Poster

I don't bother with the warranties, but then Again I generally buy second hand.

If you have modified it, then it's modified and they won't honour it - and as Sky says, why should they?

Pugwash and TORNADOS7 like this.
  4. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

If you did a good enough job of returning it to standard there's no reason why they should twig and fail to honour the warranty. That being said that's potentially a little easier said than done (think of the gash grease that HW use - first thing you'd do when sorting one out would be to get rid of that, which would be an instant giveaway..).

To an extent I agree with the others about a manufacturer's right to refuse a warranty if the gun's been played with; that said it'll sting if something fails or you find a sub-par part that's nowt to do with any additional work that's been carried out.

foxtrott likes this.
  5. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Major Poster

If you buy a gun and a fault occurs IE the gun become unfit for purpose 1st thing to do, take it back to the RFD you bought it from, doesn't want to know, then you will have to go the legal way, check out the (The Consumer Rights Act 2015).
    If he knew/found out that you've been fitting after market parts, you have no chance of getting your money back.

6. ChrisKz

ChrisKz Post Whore

Bit of a grey area .. if you drilled 2 holes for a sling . would that invalidate the warranty if the cocking mech broke .. It is all down to customer service as they see fit , why should 2 screws affect a cocking mech ....

7. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Major Poster

If it became unfit for purpose and you wanted your money back, then there could be a problem with the RFD taken it back if you had drilled holes in it.

s there a time limit?
    There are now clear time limits for you to ask for refunds, repairs or replacements:

• Refund: You can get a refund up to 30 days from when you bought the product, if it was from a UK seller. You can also get a repair or replacement if you prefer.
    • Repair or replacement: You can get your product repaired or replaced up to six months from your purchase. The retailer has one chance to make the repair. If you're still unhappy, you then have a right to a refund.
    • You can still get a repair or refund after six months, but the seller has the right to deduct some money for the use you've had from the product. You'll have to prove that it was faulty when you got it.

80yarder likes this.
  8. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

All my rifles are out of warranty the day I get them and I’m not at all bothered.

I have very little faith in the manufacturers or distributors when sending a gun back, however Air Arms is the exception - superb service.

For me it boils down to if it’s a springer or PCP.

A PCP I’d like to fall back on the warranty should I need too, but a springer..... I’m happy to fix and improve myself.

milek likes this.
  9. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

I’d rather pay a guy in a shed or reasearch and do it myself Than send any of my guns back to the manufacturer! (Maybe AA ONLY)

10. dave 2 stroke

dave 2 stroke Busy Member

i build race engines and i seal my engines and i can tell if some one has been in and they dont get another one from me if they do as they is a lot of fiddling going on with the race bikes for more power ek ek ek but with a rifle far go a bit of bling add on parts can be removed but when your boring things out and re machining parts well thats some thing else

11. Scots Bob

Scots Bob Donator

I'll let you Guys know about warranties my 2 month old Hw.20 has gone back to Hull cartridge. Hopefully it will be back this week.

12. Pugwash

Pugwash Post apocalypse

Buy second hand. As long as you are careful what you buy and who you buy it from you will already have saved enough money to cover most unforeseens unless you are very unlucky. Then you can do what you want to it and not labour under the illusion that you have a meaningful warranty.

13. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

Bottom line is yes the warranty is void including drilling holes in the stock.

After market kits are a bit obvious as not being honoured how ever Air arms a good to deal with in that sense

My HFT500 leaked like a sieve despite various attempts to repair it via the dealer

Air arms contacted me direct and replaced the gun free of charge and threw in a free hamster which hadn’t even been released yet.

Now that is the only gun I have or want