1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted: Early (Mk1) Weihrauch HW77

Discussion in 'Sales Graveyard' started by Trebz, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Trebz

Trebz Active Member

Hi

I need a few parts for my early HW77. I have had a chat with Steve @ V-Mach and he tells me that my rifle, Serial No: 1030427, 25mm Piston Seal, was made in the first year of production so it's an old one.

Anyone have an old one lurking in a cupboard i can have for spares?

Thanks

Trebz

2. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

The HW77 is no gun for a cupboard :D

It's always worth trying here, www.gunspares.co.uk, as they have many spares in stock.

If you can't find what you're looking for on that website, then the best of luck :up:

3. Trebz

Trebz Active Member

Thanks........

I tried www.gunspares.co.uk,, called them and the chap explained that they only have spares for the later models as per the exploded drawing / parts list for the HW77. The exploded drawing shows that the screw i need (C1050) is only available for the 'Mk2'.

Part list here:

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/showcatimage.asp?id=24571

Hence my asking for a 2nd hand one.

Hopefully someone somewhere will have a screw i can pilfer hehe.

Thanks all the same x

Trebz

4. Trebz

Trebz Active Member

Oohhhh.... cmon ladies and gentlemen......someone must have an 'ole busted HW77 sat in a cupboard !!! Hehe

I only need the screw that retains the thumb latch but a complete rifle would be good.

Im really struggling on this one. I cant seem to get the screw from anyone, i even contacted Hans in Germany direct. Even Weihrauch cant help me !!

'A Screw, a screw....my kingdom for a screw' !!!

:)

5. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Have you tried John knibbs international on 01675 481006

They used to claim (If it's not available we'll make it)

They have a website but it's not complete or working yet.

http://airgunspares.com

6. Trebz

Trebz Active Member

Update

Hi Andy

Thanks for the info, i called and had a chat with John himself, he tells me that he holds spares for rifles dating back to the early 1900's (if i remember correctly).

He spent a good 10 minutes on the phone with me whilst checking his parts box for the screw i need. He mentioned that he normally has the complete latch mech in stock but he couldnt find it at the time, he took my number and will have another look in the morning.

I also learnt that the HW77 was first manufactured in the early 1970's. As my rifle was manufactured in the 1st year of the HW77 im guessing that it's in it's mid 30's now, almost as old as i am !

Can anyone else provide info on the HW77 as im trying to build up a history for my rifle.

Thanks

:)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  7. Trebz

Trebz Active Member

Update

Hi All

John's not been in touch, im shelving the HW77 and looking to buy myself an Air Arms S410.

Shame.

Thanks for the help though guys.

Trebz

8. sharpshooterpete

sharpshooterpete Donator

keep looking mate, im sure something will come up.

9. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Nice link Andy, you just never know when i might need something.:up:

10. Pudding

Pudding Member

Not sure what you are after - is it C1050 you actually need or a version for the HW77 you have, which is/may be different?
    I ask because if you can make a sketch of it, I may be able to get one made for you...

Cheers

Harry

11. Trebz

Trebz Active Member

Update and info.

Puddin:

The part i need is the retaining screw for the thumb latch which locks the underlever into place. The original thumb latch screw has been replaced prior to my owning the rifle with a simple machine screw. This becomes a problem when out in the field as after half an hours use or so the screw becomes loose. I have on several occasions had to ruin a night shoot by switching on my lamp and ferreting around in the dirt trying to find the screw and thumb latch due to it falling off the rifle.

After querying the part i need with Hans Weirauch it seems that Weirauch do not actually produce the rifle in 'MK's', they do however from time to time make slight modifications to the old model. Maybe the market needs to have a name for these changes and finds it simpler to apply the term 'MK1, MK3' and so on.

As i have shown above in this post my findings so far have led me to believe that this rifle was manufactured in the first year of production for the HW77, 'early 70's' is the closest i have got. It would be nice to know a little more about it though.

I have gained access to several exploded drawings and they do show the thumb latch screw as beign part number 'C1050', however it states quite clearly on the drawings that this part number os for the 'MK2', which i now know does not actually exist.

I guess the real question at this point is: Does the 'MK2' thumb latch screw in the exploded drawing fit the 'Early 70's' HW77 i have?

Have a look at this link from Gunspares, they dont have the screw in stock:

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/showcatimage.asp?id=24571

One could argue that i could easily apply some liquid thread lock to the after market machine screw, im not able to do that for two reasons:

1. Im a purist and would like to use an original part if possible.
    2. Im an awkward old bu**er.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, there may even be a pint in it for someone that can help.

Thanks

Trebz

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  12. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

Think I might have the latch screw you need on an old beat up 77.
    I ll have a look in the morning ok.

cheers.

sumo.

13. Trebz

Trebz Active Member

Fantastic !!!

Sumo

You have a PM.

Many thanks for the offer of help.

To all: Sumo has found me a suitable screw and has offered to post it to me.

What a gent !!

Thanks....

Trebz

14. Trebz

Trebz Active Member

Update....

Hi all

Airgunforum has sent me the screw, along with an allan key and the thumb latch !!

This chap is a credit to the Airgun world in my opinion, very helpful indeed.

I'll be fitting the screw to the rifle tonight YAAAAY !!!

Again, thanks all.

Trebz

15. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

Just glad to help mate,maybe I will get a comfy seat in hell as a thanks eh!.
    Take care
    Ian.;)

16. Borja1979

Borja1979 Engaging Member

hi mate try in CH weston in brigthon
    http://www.chweston.co.uk/acatalog/Falcon_Pneumatic.html
    they service and repair at really afordable prices and they manage to fix my old hw77 trigger mechanism they have a good spare range! and reliable.
    despite the owner looks like 5 ft tall hench-warrior is a nice fella, he knows what he talks, or is the impresion that i get. hope u will be ok with them.
    ok nevermind... i didnt read the whole think!!! u fixed it already!!! muahhaha well ldone with airgunnys like u guys is a pleasure be involve in this sport!

Last edited: May 11, 2008