1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Walther Rotex R8

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by scottyshot71, Jul 30, 2014.

1. scottyshot71

scottyshot71 Well-Known Member

Anyone seen this gun and thinking it may be their next purchase. I saw it on Solware for Under £400. Yip, an 8 shot PCP from Germany with almost 200 shot count. Can't wait for a review and passing it's a good one..

2. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

Had a feel of one this week, so;d feel to it, they only had 22 in at moment. So will wait till 177 are available, seems good value for money, 8 shot mag, 200 cc bottle, guage and quick fill underneath very similar to R10 in features and looks stock wise. Also regged im led to believe. Think there quoting 180 is shots from a 232 bar fill.

3. scottyshot71

Sounds impressive fair play doesn't it..

4. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

well I think it looks better than the new Gamo pcp that's for sure, think we need more lower priced pcp on the market today, so think it we sell well

5. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Had a go with a mates new "R10 mkII" last week very nice but I'm reluctant to lash out £700 on one, having seen the pics of the "R8" I wouldn't say it's the prettiest gun I've ever seen but at just over half the spondoolies of the "BSA" it's one I might be considering in the near future !...

6. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

are any of the large buddy bottle rifles very good looking :rolleyes:

7. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Uhhhmm, now you come to mention it !...

8. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Just going on looks it's butt uggly a poor mans BSA R10

Just like the BSA Super Ten to Theoben Rapid 7 there is no comparison, super Ten was uggly too.

Andrew

9. scottyshot71

From looks point of view it doesn't matter cause everybody will have a different opinion on what's a good looking rifle. Some like the HW100 look, others hate. It's the same with most rifles. The simple fact then is this .....it's a multi shot PCP. It has nearly a 200 shot count (more than a lot of top manufacturers), It's a top brand German rifle with renowned quality. It's nearly half the the price of a Weihrauch HW100. If it can group well there's nothing more to say. This thing should sell like hot cakes. It's under £400 on Solware site. Think I'll prob get one after a few reviews confirm what I already believe to be one of best packages you can get your hands on. It's almost a done deal for me. The thought to a lot of people of spending a grand on a PCP is what puts them off in the first place, so they end up just saying to hell with it and just get another springer. This could be the game changer, how can the rest of the gun manufacturers justify their prices after this. Daystate and FX are extortionate let's be honest.

10. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

I do like this and the LGU , but don't be fooled in to thinking that this gun is made by Walther, it may have Walther parts but it will be now doubt made by Amrex to a price

11. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

This rifle looks like a airmagnum 850 from the side just a bigger bottle and for the same price.

12. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Armex are a distributor, not a manufacturer :confused:

13. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

The only thing holding me back at the moment is the fact that I'll have to fork out for a dive bottle aswell cos I ain't pumping that up by hand !...

14. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

yes and the gun is made for them under licence of walther

15. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

With the shot count from the bottle you could just get it filled from a local RFD to tie you over, it only costs 90p a fill, if I was to buy one that's all I would do until a decent offer on a tank come up, or I would grab a spare bottle.

16. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

My local RFD doesn't do refills so it would be a 40+ mile round trip to get it refilled at a dive centre probably once every couple of weeks so not really a viable option although I suppose if I did 100 shots or so then refill with a stirrup pump it wouldn't be so bad, just don't run it out completely !...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  17. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

i see, im currently using a pump with my AT44 and they do cause a sweat on when filling from empty... but with the gun not being regulated i never run it lower than 100 bar to save some hassle, but with the Walther being regulated and all the shots being good "no sweet spot" i would use all the bottle up & just pop it to a RFD to refill "save the sweaty job from using a pump.. it would be 90p well spent that's for sure :)"

oh just looking at the R8 spec its got a Walther lothar barrel :) maybe i grab one for my next gun i buy ;)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  18. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

Blurb says Made,designed and built in Germany :cool: I have one on order in 177, should get next week, will update on quality, performance after receiving it. On paper it looks well specked and good value for money. I have an LGU and LGV and are well pleased with them. So am happy to have a gamble on the R8. :):up:

19. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Where are you guys seeing it's regulated? :confused:

20. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

I'm a firm believer in you only get what you pay for and nothing is ever free so I don't think I'll be bothering with one :)