1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Walther lgv

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by scram, May 4, 2012.

1. scram

scram Member

Has anyone had a shoot of the new walther lgv 2012,it looks rather nice;Cheers

2. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Not yet, but I will have at the end of the month, in Germany at the factory.;)

3. JD

JD Donator

If thats the case, please tell them to include a metal trigger blade for all models, and revert back to good old metal type open sights, not the fibre optic ones their fitting, oh and while im at it, a 1/2 unf cut barrel would be better than what they are intending to fit to the end of the barrel, theres a few good things that might come out of the woodwork to, if they fit a well shaped walnut stock. And when this rifle is released for sale...... It should kick the other top Q spring gun makers in to a release of new models.

4. keeprightontilltheendoftheroad

keeprightontilltheendoftheroad Big Poster

Where is this made? It's distributed by Umarex so will get one to play with. I'm not too excited as Umarex use same suppliers as Smk.

5. scram

scram Member

According to glossy advert in magazine the walther has a metal trigger and is made completely in germany;

6. HWnut

HWnut Busy Member

I was invited by Umarex this year and they let me shoot the Walther LGV Ultra Competition with adjustable cheek piece no adjustable butt pad though. For comparison they gave me a Diana 34 and HW35 to shoot. The LGV was much smoother in firing cycle and recoil. Almost no vibration but that's not a surprise cause the innards from the gun are directly copied from v-mach (piston with bearings also) and the spring has supposedly the same supplier as v-mach but I think this is bogus. The 11mm scope rail on the LGV with the three holes in the receiver are directly copied from HW. The LGV is basically an already tuned HW rifle with V-Mach kit installed. The barrel lock on that break barrel air rifle prevents the barrel from moving inbetween shots AND prevents the barrel from moving down while the pellet is fired. Almost as good as a fixed barrel. ;)

All versions of the LGV come with a threaded barrel plus thread protector.

Walther LGV Challenger - no compensator, black plastic stock
    Walther LGV Challenger Ultra - compensator, black plastic stock
    Walther LGV Master - no compensator, beech wood stock
    Walther LGV Master Ultra - compensator, beech wood stock
    Walther LGV Competition Ultra - compensator, beech stock with adjustable cheek piece

All models are offered in 7.5 joules, 16 joules and 21 joules.

This gun will cost a crap load of money you might as well buy an HW with v-mach kit...The LGV has a plastic trigger but they offer a metal "tuning trigger" which will cost an additional 60 Euro. Also special "seal lube" and a silencer.

Made in Arnsberg Umarex with Walther ribbon.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  7. HWnut

HWnut Busy Member

The threads on the barrels are 1/2 UNF. Open sights are indeed fibre optic.

They WILL NOT put a metal trigger in the stock LGV air rifles because the trigger has such a light trigger pull that the rifle would fire when it falls down. In some countries it is a requirement for the rifle not to shoot when it hits the ground. But you can install a tuning metal trigger for yourself that they offer for this rifle. But in stock rifles you will NOT see a metal trigger ever. The weight of a metal trigger would be enough to set the gun off. That's how light the trigger pull is.

8. HWnut

HWnut Busy Member

Made in Germany. Umarex has indeed some s****y suppliers and a lot of their stuff gets imported from other countries but from what I've expierenced so far the LGV is a good rifle out of the box (expensive though). It's already tuned with buttoned rotary piston (just like the v-mach tuned piston) that dampens down the torsional forces of the spring. The spring is made of valve spring steel so very durable. The spring guide is fixed to the trigger block and doesn't sit on it like you would expect from factory rifles. This rifle shoots without noticeable vibration.

The piston seal looks like the v-mach seal. Has the same colour too. :D

9. JD

JD Donator

Thanks for the reply, i thought the top model was to be fitted with a metal trigger, i will have to go and have another look at there web site sales pitch.

So are your thought one of, they have ripped off Vmach ? by useing their design for the power plant ?

10. keeprightontilltheendoftheroad

Well that's good I'll have a play with one when they arrive from
    Umarex. I'm sure Armex will let me have one to field test. How would you rate against say a Diana TH? I'm highly impressed with the TH range.

11. HWnut

HWnut Busy Member

I wouldn't say it's a rip off of the v-mach kit but you can clearly see what thy used as reference. The piston of the LGV is very small compared to the size and weight of the rifle. I think the piston is even smaller than on the HW97 which makes the rifle almost recoil-free. You get a factory tuned rifle that feels great but as I said expensive. You will see it for yourself when you finally get your hands on one. But I suppose you will immediately see what I mean.

I've never held a Diana TH so I cannot say anything about that but compared to a HW97 it feels very good in the hands, has a nice weight to it and very sturdily built. The LGV is definitely on the heavier side. Very meaty steel parts. You won't find any plastic parts on the rifle except for the trigger and the obvious parts like seals and guides.

12. keeprightontilltheendoftheroad

I've spoken to Armex and I'll have my grubby mits on each of the three versions. They are going to see Umarex very soon. The three versions are a Synthetic version, wooden version and a field target version which basically has adjustable stock. In a nutshell these are German engineered with joint British engineering input - these are going to do well especially if they shoot as well as what I've been told. They are tuned already so unlike Weihrauchs these will not require any additional expense. The springs are same manufacturer who supplies Ferrari!! I will advise when I get some the Airgun magazines will have some but rest assured I will advise if it's worth buying. I'm confident these will do well and Weihrauch will be losing a lot of sales!

13. Dead eye kai

Dead eye kai Busy Member

Does anyone know when these are likely to be on sale over here and roughly how much we are we talking. £400+?

14. Johnc61

Johnc61 Donator

Everyone is saying 'expensive' but that means different things to different people; what is an expected price range? :)

15. JD

JD Donator

Expect to pay, want to pay or willing to pay ? I would be interested to see what this will be to.

16. JD

JD Donator

Weihrauch losing sales, only if they dont sort out their lastest mods to their break barrel rifles, remember LGV is no fixed barrel rifle, so the choice still remains, Airarms TX or Weihrauch 77 & 97.

17. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

was interested till i saw the price. It seems like a ripe off of air arms and vamch internals the piston is distinctly tx200/prosport.

Don't like the barell lock rather have a hw35 type than that cheap arse looking thing and the safety looks really cheap. on what is supposed to be the best air rifle i don't think so. and wheres the walnut stock for that price its a given.

549 quid is a bit steap. i would pay 380 no more.

18. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

:up:

Like everyone else I'm intrigued and anxious to try one as they look very promising from the tech blurb. That said all they've really done is make a break-barrel TX copy; the piston looks nearly identical and the trigger setup is similar too.

I'm sure they'll sell as they look like pretty much the best off-the-shelf break-barrel available (build quality permitting), however for £200 less you could have a similarly specced TX200 - that's less than 2/3rds the price :eek:

19. 177

177 Donator

I think they've missed a trick to be honest.

If it performs half as good as folks are saying then the price is more acceptable. After all, many of us spend X on a springer closely followed by this tune, that tune, this trigger mod.fettle or that one, and so on and so forth. It all adds up, but the trouble is it's harder to keep track of spread costs like this, even if the grand total is similar or sometimes even more...

Terry Doe wrote about how he'd be keen to know what happens to those folks who remove the barrel weight in favour of a moderator (like pretty much every hunter and most other shooters in the UK are likely to do) on the basis that the barrel weight is part of the overall calculated 'balanced' performance outcome.

'Know your market'

How many springers are now sold with a moderator fitted, integrated somehow or, at the very least, threaded for one ?

It's probably easier to count the ones that aren't...

I'd like to shoot one to make my own mind up but unless it comes in silenced sporter carbine form I'd lose interest pretty sharpish.

Just my thoughts - for all I know they may even have such a gun in the pipeline or a model variant along these lines, but everything I have seen so far seems to concentrate on the Walther LGV Competition Ultra which is miles away from what most of us would take to the fields with.

I hope its a roaring success, but I think they've missed a trick that other manufacturers have pretty much nailed - just an opinion, which anyone is welcome to disagree with :D

20. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

Its still 150 quid more than a walnut tx I would be interested if it was the same price as a tx with walnut. But not nearly 600 quid.

A tx or hw97 and a vmach kit is still 100 quid less than this. They've missed the boat on price. Thats not to say it won't sell. it prob will then there'll end on the used market as there is prob better for cheaper I don't see the market for this when at that price you can get a a good pcp and charging kit. Its not a competition gun its an expensive hunter as i see it.