1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Walther LGV Competition Ultra

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by biggaz, Sep 5, 2012.

1. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

Just picked this up today, in .177 cal

IMAG0465.jpg IMAG0466.jpg IMAG0467.jpg IMAG0468.jpg IMAG0469.jpg IMAG0470.jpg

Smooth to cock, quality is OK, not fantastic. Its heavy as expected.

err, i need more testing time before i say how good it is, needless to say its not as good as they said i dont think lol

It is however, with a silencer fitted (looks stupid) VERY quiet!! quietest springer ive heard with a mod fitted.

2. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

oh and trigger is nice :)

3. DaveC_24

DaveC_24 Busy Member

Would you say it's got the finish quality of say Weihrauch rather than Air Arms? It looks reasonable if not outstanding, though of course that's always difficult to judge from pictures. Well it's how it shoots that counts, I guess! It doesn't look as long as I thought it'd be, either (that's a good thing!). In the long run, I might be looking for a break-barrel to hunt with, but will see how folk get on with these before I decide whether to go with one of these or else a Weihrauch and tune it. It'll be a fair while before I can persuade the Mrs. to let me buy a new rifle anyway... ;)

4. keeprightontilltheendoftheroad

keeprightontilltheendoftheroad Big Poster

I've got one simply splendid!!

5. theobencarbine88

theobencarbine88 Posting Addict

Nice, i so wish i could just go out and buy one of these new lol! Got a ton of questions lol. Ok for starter have you fired it over a chrono.. 10 shot string results? For the money its got to be bang on consistant & good power.. id be p****d if it was running hot or to cold. Are the open sights removable? Is the mod you are talking about an added extra or whats on it in the pics ie standard? Whats the recoil like? Is it accurate? Is it pellet fussy? I know you havent had chance to use it much yet so maybe get back to me ;)

6. Samon

Samon Donator

looks interesting ;)

that barrel looks really short, what's the length?

lookign forward to the indepth write up and review!

7. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

Dont get me started on weihrauchs, new ones arnt the same and NEED a tune, plus more :( 2 new weihrauchs i bought went back.... no more for me.

8. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

not had chance to chrono it yet, recoil seems good.... the part where i said with moderator meant with one screwed on, a hw mod. The one on the gun is a barrel weight, yes the sights come off :)

Accuracy hasnt been tested as yet, im guessing itll like jsb's.... what doesnt lol!

As for the "for the money" bit, it cost the same as a beech prosport. I paid £445 for the LGV, the prosports arnt tuned but are nice rifles no doubt about it.

9. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

Barrel length is 16" to the end of the barrel weight so not that short :)

10. Samon

Samon Donator

ah so it's not a silencer!? I thought it might have been an integral jobby.

11. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

Davec_24

they would be great for hunting, maybe the cheapest version with synthetic stock, a silencer makes it very quiet but a bit long!

12. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

Its screw cut on the end under the cap, 1/2" unf.

the whole gun is a big lump of a rifle, 4.4kgs i think.... feels solid though not like its about to break anytime soon (i hope)

13. theobencarbine88

theobencarbine88 Posting Addict

would like to see it without the open sights, reckon it would be a fine looking rifle then... also interesting to see what it looked like with the mod screwed on.... But anyway enjoy big gaz :)

14. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

Fekin stupid!

15. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

So you have gone and got one, great stuff :up:

I look forward to seeing what you thing of it once you have had a good play with it, looks a great bit of kit

16. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

yeh i will wait to give it a good test and bed it in before i decide on what i think :)

17. The Robin

I bought the airgun shooter mag today because it was on the front, not read it yet but had a quick look at the pic's.

I look forward to your review of it, looks a great rifle :up:

18. Titchgamer

Titchgamer Honorary Member

Ile eagerly await your review.
    Little shocked by the weight though! 4.4KG!!??

Dont want to be hunting with that monster!

19. The Robin

That what is putting me off, it is a lump of a thing but what a great looking rifle and the reviews what i have read people are raving about it

20. biggaz

biggaz Posting Addict

aye its a beast! good for targets not for hunting haha

Not sure if the syth version is much lighter.... will give an honest review soon :)