1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Waited In All Day For Parcel Force. No Show

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by DRAGONBAIT666, Oct 8, 2019.

1. DRAGONBAIT666

DRAGONBAIT666 Posting Addict

Title says it all really.

Incompetent as hell.

tracked parcel then suddenly it says returned to depot.
    Hmm rang em and told em I payed for 24 hour delivery etc

Had nothing but lame apologies and a ‘promise’ to deliver by midday tomorrow. Grr

JamieB57 and shauny like this.
  2. Deleted member 954

Deleted member 954 Pro Poster

If it Express AM and it wasn't delivered you can get compo. Check your receipt and see when it was guaranteed for

ibo7 and DRAGONBAIT666 like this.
  3. DRAGONBAIT666

Ordered a Colt Peacemaker replica from reputable online dealer. when I rang Newport parcel force to complain they told me take it up with who I bought item from. Ffs. Useless

4. Rob-GB

Rob-GB Posting Addict

Had a delivery yesterday and when I cheerily asked him how his day was going he replied "terrible, too many parcels and it's not even xmas yet!"
    With drivers like that no business can work well. Sadly most of them have bad reputations.

DRAGONBAIT666 likes this.
  5. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Unfortunately that may well be the case, certainly with the increase in online shopping, but it doesn't necessarily mean the driver is a lazy arse. PF like many other companies and organisations are probably trying to do more with less either to remain competitive or through budget cuts. But there's a limit to how much anyone can do in a set number of hours assuming they're working an 8 hour day barring overtime like most other people.
    Traffic conditions often don't help,you can loose valuable delivery time in traffic jams and hold ups.
    Its easy to slag off some of these delivery drivers but when perhaps you've got a van load of deliveries to do over perhaps a fairly wide area and a limited amount of time to do it in it isn't always easy.
    Yes we all know that some staff have a better attitude than others and you'll get the odd one or two who are not exactly ambassadors for their company but that applies with any company or organisation.
    But before we criticise perhaps we should experience the job first hand. I was a postman for a few months as a fill in job back in 1998 and believe me it's not the cushy little number that many people think it is. Up at 4 o'clock in the morning for a 5 o'clock start and before you even start your round you might have, like i did, 3 large heavy duty plastic sacks full of mail to sort and put into your sorting frame before bundling it up and putting into your carry bags/holdalls which were not supposed to be more than 16.5 KGs in weight. If i'd stuck to the weight limit i'd have had at least 5 or possibly 6 of those bags to deliver but by taking them out over weight usually about 20KGs i got it down to 4.
    All that for a 6 day week as standard and little more than the minimum wage although Saturdays were compulsory you did get overtime rate for.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Paul G W, Radlad, ped and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Pffft , Pop , Twang , Bang

It’s crazy how some courier companies run themselves , my regular DPD driver is often sat outside my house for 10-15mins because he’s not allowed to deliver earlier than the pre sent time slot even though I’m stood there on the door step :facepalm:

And yet parcel farce like yourself can be out all day for delivery then at 1759 all of a sudden “return to depot” because the lazy Arse knows he’ll get stuck in traffic delivering to me.

And Amazon is a just a full on lottery with who , what ,where and when I’ll get my parcel “8 stops away” ...

12hrs later :confused:

7. DRAGONBAIT666

Finally had my parcel. Looked like it had been booted about but fortunately nothing damaged :)
    Driver apologised for yesterday saying the temp driver been sacked for being usless as F##
    Lol

Jimmypie likes this.
  8. DRAGONBAIT666

just for display
    Plan to get pellet firer and lever action rifle eventually

Attached Files:

9. Patrick

Patrick Donator

As has been said it depends on how the sender sent the the item and what actual service they used. Did they actually use guaranteed or express delivery but it's more expensive i.e about £17 for Express 24hr for a 2 kilogram package by PF or about £14 up to 2 kgs by RM special delivery 1pm next day.

10. DRAGONBAIT666

I tried ringing the seller to discuss it but answering machine. Rather talk to person than email. Will try again later.

11. Sarge

Sarge Big Poster

Unfortunately for you the seller made the contract with Parcel Force. He/she should call to complain and get the refund.

With tracked parcels you can follow where they are on a map, we use PF all the time and have had very little in the way of problems, and besides they are the only ones who take firearms now.

That hurts likes this.
  12. DRAGONBAIT666

Seller just rang me and refunding difference in one day and normal delivery plus offered me deal on my next order. Result :)

Jimmypie and That hurts like this.
  13. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Interesting about the map location thingy Sarge as I got a delivery last week and updated the map showing the van location once every half hour or so .... didn't move for 5 hours, so can only assume the driver was taking a long breakfast break or perusing the Parcel Force Wives webpage :rolleyes:

Paul G W, DRAGONBAIT666 and Jimmypie like this.
  14. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Well there we are then every cloud has a silver lining as the saying goes and from what you've said above it sounds like the seller used the standard express PF 48hr which is the only one available for firearms i believe.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  15. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Think non-pcp pistols can be sent normal mail Pete IIRC and have used that service in the past with no problem

16. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Have just looked on the RM website and it says guns for sporting use can be sent to UK adresses only but underneath that it says low powered air weapons can only be sent express PF48 hrs.

That hurts likes this.
  17. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Ta, and haven't looked at their policy recently, but at one time you could send pistols using a normal, non-PF48, service.

18. DRAGONBAIT666

Not a gun tho. Just a replica. Non firing.

Andy_J likes this.
  19. Andy_J

Andy_J co2 Replica Airgun collector

Non firing replicas have no restrictions do they? I have ordered many over the years. Just delivered by normal mail.

20. Andy_J

Andy_J co2 Replica Airgun collector

This is not a firearm.