1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Bits

Discussion in 'Vintage collectable airguns' started by Flinty, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Flinty

Flinty Member

Hi I have just joined this forum, my name is Keith I am a shooter (but not air rifles) I shoot manly vintage / obsolete calibre rifles and muzzle loading shotguns, sadly I have come into a few bits and pieces of air gun related parts and was wondering if there would be any interest in them? I have included 3 photos showing all I have, if there is interest I will take individual photos and place in the sale forum.
    The rifles are 1, Diana model 15, 2, American Tool Co single shot Model D, 3, A barrel .177 from something ?????, 4, is a bit of something from something you can perhaps tell me?
    Hope I have not broken any rules with this message, if I an out of line please let me know, I am not a dealer just got these few bits to dispose of. DSCF2272.JPG DSCF2255.JPG DSCF2259.JPG

talent, pjgtech and SlugFest like this.
  2. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Welcome to the forum Flinty.

Hopefully someone will be along with a few offers soon. Those John Bull pellet boxes look interesting.

:thumb:

3. SlugFest

SlugFest Active Member

Those Sabo pellets can be highly sought after by ammo collectors ;)

4. pjgtech

pjgtech Big Poster

I know nothing about them, but someone will be along shortly. If you do get some useful info and you decide to sell, it would be appreciated if you offered them for sale here 1st, especially if the guys here helped you with info, they are a good bunch and you will usually get a good price.... :thumb:

Nubble likes this.
  5. Flinty

Flinty Member

Hi yes, always prefer to deal person to person, no buyers or sellers commision that way, just testing the water before placing ads for each item, the forums in my world are very poorly supported and are a waste of time, I can see already this is well supported so hopefully will have a deal or two.

6. Geezer

Geezer Busy Member

American Tool Works Sterling Model D is worth a bit. According to the US “Blue Book” they were made no later than 1928 and are valued at $900 in 95% condition, $450 in 60%, £325 40%, $180 in 20%. Yours looks more toward the 20% end of the spectrum (hard to tell from pics), but it’s still a rare item that appeals to a particular kind of collector (not me!).

As has been said, you can get more money than you would expect (and a lot more than they are worth as projectiles!) for Sabos.

7. Brandon James

Brandon James Brano

Not sure about the rifles but some of the pellets you have there often fetch the following,

Sussex Sabot between £18 and £25 depending on if full , condition , calibre and if theres a loading pen. Horrible pellets but someone likes em. Theres 2 x tubs of .22 on fleabay with a bid at £40 but they look in pretty good nick and all there.

Eley Magnum £15 to £20. For FAC airguns but are just .22 solid rimfire slugs in a Wasp tin with a Magnum label.

Webley .22 about £15 if full and tin and pellets in good condition.

Bulldog £10 or so if full etc.

Lazadome £10 to £20 again depending if full. £20 if tin is in good condition if a collector wants them.

Not sure on the John Bull pellets and the rest are pretty regular pellets that aren't that old from the 90's and not too collectable so say about £5 to £10 depending on tin and pellet condition maybe.

The Sabots will certainly get snapped up I imagine going by what they go for on fleabay

Hope that helps pellet wise.

SlugFest likes this.
  8. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy

Welckbd to the forum mate

9. shauny

shauny Major Poster

the third one down without the stock looks like something i had as a child.
    the underlever cocked,it made a good bang and fired a puff of air.the box
    that they came in had a target on the inside of the lid.target was plastic
    cut into strips and the air from the gun would move the target enough to
    register a hit.

10. Flinty

Flinty Member

My thanks to Brandon for the info on my pellets,and Geezer for the rifle info, have now advertised the Sabo's to see how they go, will try the Eley Magnum and Webley 22 later, it sound like the rest from the 90's would not be worth the cost of posting, I have some firearms / shotgun bits going in the next Southams auction so will chuck the rest in a box job lot.
    I have been looking into the John Bull Pellets, quite a lot on the coloured label but no reference at all to the Black and White label, sadly they are both open and have approx 350 pellets,could the B/W one be wartime issue ? I know shotgun cartridges from that time came in plain boxes for vermin control.
    As to the rifles, being a vintage/ antique / muzzleloading shooter I might just keep them not sure yet.

11. Brandon James

Brandon James Brano

You might be worthwhile putting your John Bull pellets on fleabay. Lots of collectors look for pellets on there so the right buyers should pick up on them. A tin or box of Eley black boy pellets in very good condition went for £200 a few weeks ago so it shows those who know their worth trawl fleabay.

12. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Look forward to the items you decide to sell appearing in the Sales Forum that way everyone gets a chance.
    Remember guys this is a thread requesting information only, items are not for sale .. ;)

13. norman

norman Donator

He did do...yesterday..;)