1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Veganville - How On Earth Did That Get Aired On Tv ?

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by robs5230, Jan 15, 2020.

1. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

Just finishing a glass of wine last night and ended up flicking through a couple of TV channels for a couple of minutes and found that.

Seemingly a few folk extolling the virtues of a Vegan diet and trying to convince the public in a town in Wales.

So I'm half interested out of curiousity. My daughter had about 6 months as a vegetarian at uni.

I pretty much expected to see a group of vegans trying to convince the meat eating public that a vegan diet is better for them.

Turns out its a little more sinister than that.
    The leader of the bunch was a bit of an agressive character and when he didn't get the responses from his little band or the public started with bullying tactics.

Words like "conversion" and "activist" were plenty used.

Looks like what most folk think is a dietary choice, is the lead in to an extreme group based around animal rights.
    The principles used and the outright fanaticsm is rivalled only by groups that promote terrorist activities.

Thats no dietary choice its a way of life. Their way or no way.

Now I don't mind what folk eat or what opinions or beliefs they have, but I'd personally be rather teed off if anyone tried to convert me.

How on earth can the BBC air that ???

Matool, 2506sendero, WR14210 and 3 others like this.
  2. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Beats me and the few bits I saw were cringeworthy at best :frusty:

3. Leshiy

Leshiy Posting Addict

It’s the new brain wash pollution being peddled only gonna get worse

Be preaching this in primary schools shortly

4. Meal Dot

Meal Dot Busy Member

You might have noticed that in recent days the BBC (and other TV channels) seem to favour the 'permanently offended' in society as well as other minority/special interest groups above the normal, mainstream viewing public. We all deserve to be represented, but when too much is devoted to extremely small minority interests, I do wonder....

WR14210 likes this.
  5. SlugFest

SlugFest Busy Member

6. zeeco

zeeco Donator

It appears on this forum that people are offended by Vegans...snowflakes, vegan's are an increasing minority, Gregg's, KFC and Burger King all have vegan offerings, so maybe it's a large minority that people have interest in, there is certainly interest on here.

Brother Caleb and Pugwash like this.
  7. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

I don’t find them offensive,

I find them utterly annoying.

8. zeeco

zeeco Donator

Have you done something that happens very rarely on here? that is trying to rationalise your feelings?
    How do vegans effect your every day life?
    Is it really them that annoy you, or do you think your view of them is irrational?
    On a daily basis what about them affects you and do they really warrant your annoyance?

Pugwash and PW1 like this.
  9. PW1

PW1 Shooting the breeze.

I knew someone would spoil it, trying to use logic and common sense :D

Regards
    Peter

10. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

anybody who walks up to me in a supermarket telling me I shouldn’t be eating black pudding is annoying.

Same goes for anybody else telling me how to live my life.

I have also been asked to move table in kfc by vegans eating their vegan option because I was enjoying my chicken to close to them.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    charlie351, 2506sendero, ped and 3 others like this.
  11. BallisticBill

BallisticBill Keyboard Hero

I believe a judge recently ruled that veganism is a belief system, in effect a religion, and that laws relating to religious prejudice apply.
    On that basis, shouldn't this thread be disallowed under Forum rules?

UnionJackJackson likes this.
  12. zeeco

zeeco Donator

YES :D

Pugwash likes this.
  13. Burden666

Burden666 Donator

Their plant based burger isn't even vegetarian.
    Apparently it's aimed at 'flexatarians'..

14. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

I find the way the feel they "must" convert perople to their way of thinking extremely annoying.
    I keep my beliefs to myself, and would rather not have others views rammed down my throat

charlie351, WR14210, SlugFest and 2 others like this.
  15. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin BEAST OF BODMIN

The biggest problem with veganistas is the fact many of them seem to be incapable of keeping their PERSONAL OPINIONS to THEMSELVES

do you see any of the normal public preaching about what they’re having for dinner??

Trying their hardest to vilify other people about their choice of lunch??

trying to FORCE their minority demands onto the majority?

THIS is why veganistas are becoming despised...

if they simply made their life choices and carried on with it like the rest of the non-vegan world do with their choices.... NO PROBLEM

I sure as hell don’t make a big deal about telling the world that I like a ham sandwich...

so why should I be forced into tolerating people that tell me I’m a bad person for liking that ham sandwich ???

16. phil.m

phil.m Donator

Squeaky hinge gets the oil?

2506sendero and Lev Levvin like this.
  17. Lev Levvin

There’s vegan / vegetarian religions and societies all around the world... has been for centuries...

these people just carry on with life and don’t force their dietary choices onto others... respect to them

It’s only the recent ‘fashion’ of veganism in the western world that’s causing such a fuss about the rest of the folk who eat animal products

18. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

i dont get why they have to make their food look like and taste like meat

19. Grey Man

Grey Man Posting Addict

They are ahead of you - it's already happening.

These people are dangerous fanatics. Farmers and their families have been threatened. Sooner or later they will actually murder someone.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    charlie351 and Lev Levvin like this.
  20. Lev Levvin

You only have to look at school dinners and McDonald’s happy meals to see the way things have changed already...

a treat in a kiddies lunch box today is a pack of carrot sticks....o_O

ok... tackling obesity and health problems Young is a great thing...

but carrot sticks??:(