1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Valuation Help

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Petay, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Petay

Petay Donator

Not been looking at gun sales section for a while so wanted to gauge opinion.

HW99s - CS500 Stock - Refinished HW spring with Shauny guides and top hat plus trigger tune and cocing arm fix - Shauny QR pin - Shauny Carbon Shroud with ali ends - Pinkey engineering oversized saftey in ali.

I have no idea how to price it, know two thirds rule applies to most things but given the 99 is cheap to begin with does this hold true?

I may not even sell but it's getting no use and when i get my HW97 stock back from @nath92 I will be spending a lot of time shooting that as its such a joy to shoot.

2. rich79

rich79 Donator

I've no idea how much the trigger mods etc would add but just the gun & stock (if going by 2/3rds) should be around £250ish.
    Is there a scope with it & do you have the original stock? Might be worth separating it!

3. littleJon365

littleJon365 Keyboard Hero

They don’t go for much even with a lot of the mods. Personally I’d keep it and make excuses to use it as it should be bloody good.

Pics would be handy as well.

foxtrott likes this.
  4. Petay

Petay Donator

nah original stock was moved on.

think the tuning work cost about £50 and the shroud was around £30

I came to circa £290 based on 2 thirds rule as 99s seem to be circa £230 new and the stock with stippling and rosewood cap was about £210

Scopewise it's fitted with a Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 with sportsmatch mounts which i'd probs include which adds circa £90 at 2 thirds.

just wanted to sanity my thinking really

littleJon365 likes this.
  5. Petay

Petay Donator

yea this is why i asked.

not sure what i will do yet, it's a good gun but i just don't enjoy it

littleJon365 likes this.
  6. rich79

rich79 Donator

I just guessed 99's were £200ish & a CS500 would be around £180-£200.
    You could put it up for £350 all in & see what happens, I suppose it depends how badly someone wants a customised 99 & how badly you want to sell it!

Petay, Brock1Rgj and littleJon365 like this.
  7. Wofty

Wofty Heinz Meanz Springz

Don't enjoy 99?
    Like 97?

Normal bloke I'd say.
    The 99 is a lifeboat gun.......

Women and children first :D:D

Just kidding, I can't resist;)

8. littleJon365

It’s really tough with the two thirds thing because you can’t really use that on every extra items. Might be better selling without the scope if you want £90 for it as they are only about £125 new. For the difference people would probably buy new.
    Put it up for what you think it’s worth and if it doesn’t sell then bring it down a tad.... or keep it

9. Brock1Rgj

Brock1Rgj Busy Member

I know what you mean.I had a SFS 95 in custom stock which was also lovely ,just wasn't for me .But my 77k is ...go figure .I sold my 95 for 300.00 - 350.00 ish ,can't recall exactly .

Petay likes this.
  10. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Sounds almost identical to my 99 which I’d expect around £300 for mate

Petay likes this.
  11. Petay

Petay Donator

yea kinda number I had in mind plus i'd split the scope off as the little 2-7 hawkes don't fit in 1 piece mounts and thats what i use on the 97.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    mikeyhall1 likes this.
  12. robs5230

robs5230 Pro Poster

Definitely worth taking the scope from the mix.
    You may be lucky and get a buyer at 300 for the rifle in the CS stock, but one did hang around for a while at £250 a while back.
    You can only try

13. Petay

Petay Donator

Well it’s listed now at £290 and it’s worth that or more in my opinion. Funds are going towards some WW2 Militaria :)

14. littleJon365

Where have you listed it @Petay, I might know someone who’d be interested. Ever since I’ve done mine up he’s pestered Me to sell it to him, but I won’t...:D

Petay likes this.
  15. Petay

Petay Donator

It’s listed on here for now mate and I’m not a million miles away from you, in fact I’ve literally just walked out of Go Outdoors in Harlow as it’s closest outdoors shop to me.

littleJon365 likes this.
  16. littleJon365

I’ve messaged him mate, that way I can get mine back if him that’s on loan lol

17. Petay

Petay Donator

No worries mate. If he wants the scope as well I’ll sort him out

littleJon365 likes this.