1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

UTTINGS!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by RICHIE612, Sep 15, 2008.

1. RICHIE612

RICHIE612 Engaging Member

Dont buy pellets via mail order from them. Mine arrived this morning and guess what.
    Both Powapell tins had about 30% deformed pellets and both field target trophy tins were worse. All packed up ready to go back. Stick to buying face to face chaps and avoid being p****d off.
    Thanks Uttings.
    Going to try and persuade my local gun shop to stock more of a variety of pellets to avoid these mail order giants from shutting them down.
    Anybody else had this kind of trouble?
    The dents and pellet indentations on the outside of the tin wiped the smile of my face let me tell you.
    Cheery oh.

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

I ordered some pellets from Uttings on the 13th of last month, they said they were out of stock but they would be in stock in two weeks.
    Nothing has ever arrived here and they have had them available to add to basket the entire time.
    Why don't they just make the website say out of stock instead of messing people about. :mad:

3. RICHIE612

Thats common sense my friend. It doesn't apply when comes to taking money from people.

4. i8allthepies

i8allthepies Posting Addict

Richie,
    I guess it's just like what happened with supermarkets and local grocers some years ago.:(
    My local airgun shop (Airshooter in Rainham) doesn't carry the same sort of range as Uttings, and he's not as cheap - but I use him when I can, after all, I don't want him to close down.:(
    Please don't think I'm preaching here, we all try to get the best deal for our hard-earned, but there ain't much saving when a third of the tin is scrap metal:)
    Ironically, dealers not being able to mail order some of the kit might be the best thing that could have happened for our local RFD's.

5. RICHIE612

Indeed, I would never have bought a rifle via mail order but many people would/did. Nothing like feeling the bare wood before buying lol.
    Yeah I know what you mean regarding getting the right deal, although its really difficult to get the best pellets sometimes when the local gun-shop (Valley Arms) are geared towards shotguns and full bore.
    Loads of bulldogs and smk pellets which are well useless.
    Whenever they do have the AA pellets in there I buy as many tins as I can.
    I mean how hard is it to stock pellets? They aren't cumbersome objects, only small tins ecspecially in the tiny calibre (which I mainly use).
    I feel a road trip coming on to one of these big Airgun superstores and getting some jsb's (dont think my local shop would have heard of them let alone had them in). Shame.

6. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Sorry to hear for your trouble.....what did they say when you complained to them?....let us know.

I bought many times from Uttings and from many airgun shops that i visit in my area, but to tell you the truth nearly all my pellets are from Uttings, because i shot easily 2 tins per week so the cheaper the better for my pocket.
    I never had any problems with the delivery or the state of the pellets....maybe i got a couple of tins that had been bent a little but pellets were perfect inside Most of the pellets that i buy are the Air arms and now the RWS superfileds,,,,all JSB’s and barracuda Match. I never buy under 30 tins at a time

About 2 years a go most of my JSB’s were from JSR but his prices are hit the roof and that is when i moved completely to Uttings for pellets.
    I always ring to order and the guys on the phone are fine with me...never had any problems....i guess i am lucky.

I am interested to know what happened after you comlain so please let us know

7. RICHIE612

Hi Leeman, they said to just send them back the products, they will inspect to see what the problem is then maybe give my money back if they pass their "bad enough" assesment.
    I don't know about them but I want to be able to put pellet on pellet at 40 yds, I have a gun that will do it so I shouldn't be expected to put bent skirted pellets down it which is like using a blunderbus.
    Rant over!
    Taking the pellets to the post office this morning and paying postage to send them back.
    Bye Chaps

8. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Please let us know what happens and i upselutly agree with you about the conditions of the pellets, there is no excuse and they should change them and compasate every penny....you are totaly write to complain here and to ask them for a refund or to send you another bunch of pellets.

Maybe it was the postmans fault, we do not know BUT we do not care.

Like i said..please let us know what happens

9. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Uttings are usually quite good, I've never had a problem with them to be fair. You're better off buying pellets from your local shop, they might be a little more expensive but you don't pay for p&p, something which Uttings is expensive on.

10. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i got a tin of pellets a few months back

all were in good nick:up:

11. RICHIE612

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry to hear of your problems. We will get that sorted out as soon as they come back to us.

Kind Regards

Uttings

Tel; 01603 619811
    Fax; 01603 619849
    Web; www.uttings.com
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: sales@uttings.com
    Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 9:04 PM
    Subject: SPAM-LOW: Recent order

Thank you for your swift delivery of my recently ordered products. Unfortunately I am having to send back 2xpowapell tins and 2xfield target trophy tins of pellets as FAR too many of them are deformed and the tins arrived dented. I wish to be re-funded for these un-satisfactory goods.

Many Thanks

12. RICHIE612

"Sorry to hear of your problems"!
    That is not an apology, sounds like they are trying to pass the blame do you think?
    We are sorry would be better.
    Never again, mail order is evil with pellets.

13. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I don't see what's wrong with getting them locally, in person.

14. RICHIE612

Read back to my post on what my local gun shop stock

15. Buzz

Buzz Banned

RICHIE612, the "I am" that you omitted to quote makes it sound much more like an apology to me, and the remainder of the e-mail seems to point to a company well prepared to rectify a problem that seems not to be of their making. Uttings sold you the pellets, they didn't deliver them. They may be guilty of not packing them correctly, but we don't know that.
    It seems you are hell bent on giving them a bad name, even when they appear to be ready to sort the problem.

16. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

If you have no other option then I suppose, however as I said Uttings are quite expensive on p&p so aren't you better off going with somebody else?

17. RICHIE612

Not really, they may still be damaged in post.
    Wouldn't have to bother with Uttings for pelets if so many gun shops (including my local) were sooooo poorly stocked.

18. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Precisely, so why give Uttings a slagging ??

19. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

as i said above, bout pellets the other day and i got them in good nick
    it was even a plastic box, softer than tins

20. RICHIE612

Because they sent me damaged pellets. I asked them if they had a peek inside before sending them out and they said no they dont have time to inspect before sending out.
    Quality control I think not.