1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Using the basc banner

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Sparkyjon, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Sparkyjon

Sparkyjon Engaging Member

Ok I've made up some posting slips for pest control for the local area farms as a lot of the time I'm not getting an answer.

I've stated I'm a fully airgun insured member of basc,which I am, and used their banner on the top leaflet.
    I also posted a picture of the leaflet on one of the farm free ads on face book to reach further a field.

Someone has stated it's illegal to use basc banner and I'd take it down before basc see it. Now I can't see it being wrong as I have a car badge, clothes badge , hat pin and permission slips with basc all over it I have also messaged bascs Facebook page.

I was hoping any of you would know if I'm doing anything wrong by using their symbol as they may take a while coming back to me.

2. hawkeye87

hawkeye87 Engaging Member

Isn't it all free advertising? Just ring them and ask or just leave it. will someone be so petty as to ring basc and say that sparky Jon has it on his permission letters.
    I'd keep it mate. Don't worry bout. If they do say something just sue them via basc. Lol
    Ben

3. Sparkyjon

Lol yeah use their legal aid brilliant. Ha ha. I have asked them through their Facebook page, as far as I'm aware you can as when stating your insured you show the land owner your card anyway, I think this is some jealous person just making trouble or a local shooter not wanting people offering free services lol.

4. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Probably some prat thats not insured.

5. Sparkyjon

Well his profile pic shows him with an airgun. Or is he the CEO of basa lol. I'm waiting to hear from basc direct and I'll let you all know Although I'm sure I know the answer already.

6. Sparkyjon

The more I think of it the more stupid it all sounds, as an electrician the companies I work for ,nic eic badges are all over the company paper work, jumpers and vans . And so is every other associated insurance or union they are joined up to.

7. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

I could see on problem as a business owner having it at the top of your letter may make it seam like you are acting as their representative. You could make a change put it at the bottom of your leaflet in a box or underlined with insured by and your policy number. That way your a making a statement and using it to show who your insured by.

8. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

You should always ask permission from the owner of graphics as they are probably copyright. Using them without consent could end up with you being sued. ;)

I in the past have had warnings from Google just because someone on the forum posted about a film and put the film title on the forum. The production companies then get in touch with Google if it shows up in Google searches then Google get in touch with the site owner asking them to remove the film name or link. I cannot understand why this would bother them as it's free advertising but these production companies just don't like it.
    That said the last time it happened was because someone posted about a banned film and it was the production company of the banned film that made the complaint.

9. Sparkyjon

I can see what your saying , but basc actively send you car stickers , sew on badges and hat pins , and also permission slips to be signed by land owners ..

Also I can see that it being on the top might be seen that I'm a representative ,but I clearly state underneath in red I'm a fully insured member of basc. It's also a free service so I'm not gaining any financial gain from their symbol.

I'm waiting for David illsey to ring me and can confirm either way. It will strike me as strange if they object as for all the free stuff they send you to basically advertise them , I handed my insurance card for photocopying in at the golf course that's from basc with the basc banner all over it. Lol.

10. Sparkyjon

Ok all cleared up by David. It's fine , they have no issues as it's a free service and I am. A member what they are having trouble with is companies who charge using their symbol and a lot aren't members infact they won't insure companies.

11. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

I did not think it would be a problem. Glad to see it confirmed. Thanks Sparkyjohn

I am a member of BASC but I do not use any of the symbols or car stickers cos that is asking for it from the fwuffy bunny huggers. I put it on flyers when I was asking for permission. Thats all. Oh and I never mention air rifle shooting on my facebook page cos half my family would shout at me and that would attract all the haters.

Off shooting tomorrow on my two main perms. They border each other :) The rabbits know no boundary. First time out with the yukon photon. Should be good.

12. Sparkyjon

Good luck tomorrow harwich shooter , I nearly bought a yukon last week but decided to spend the money elsewhere , I don't generally advertise I'm an airgunners on Facebook openly I only join closed groups as not even friends can see what I post then. As for the basc car sticker I didn't think of that, although it would be small minded of them as I could be a range and paper target shooter , I know a lot who use basc and don't hunt live quarry. But yes I can see how that would cause trouble.