1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Uprating a pre-charg to FAC (over 12ft/lb)

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by billy, Apr 6, 2007.

1. billy

billy Newbie

Hi,
    I do most of my shooting with a 12g but I would like something thats a bit quiter and leaves a bit more meat on the rabbits!

I am thinking of getting a .22 that you can fill from a dive bottle, only because I dive and have the bottles!

Now, Can anybody recomend a good gun that will take a rabbit at 50?

Also, I will be applying for a fac when I move house at the end of the year so are there any guns that can be easily tuned up once I have the licence?

Thanks, Billy.

2. aitchuk

aitchuk Member

Im afraid no one is going to answer a post
    like this on any forum especially a a first
    Aitch

3. RICHIE612

RICHIE612 Engaging Member

50 what?
    Any Air Rifle will take down a rabbit at 50 yards. If you put time and effort in then you could take one down at 100 yards.
    My best is 86 yards. Just been out shooting tins and bottle tops at 80 so aimed a slightly bit higher. Dropped like a stoner.

4. RICHIE612

RICHIE612 Engaging Member

Oh and that was with the little calibre. No chance taking one at 80 with a sub 12 .22. Furthest with a .22(HW100) was 68 yards.

5. alski

alski Member

are u using ur 12g illegaly if u havent got ur fac?as for taking rabbits out at 50(yards i pressume)i use a weihrauch 90(theoben gas ram)not a pre charge rifle which is appprox 11.5ft/lb,this takes the little bliters down at that kind of distance

6. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

I think there are too many pcp's now days in FAC that can take out rappids at that range with not much problem...50 yards or 50 meters