1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Ultimate air rifle

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Big Bill, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Big Bill

Big Bill Engaging Member

What what be your ultimate choice of air rifle, if you could choose anyone to own, and why?

I would love to get a fx verminator mk2, never shot or held one but have read a lot about them and how good they are,

what do you think?

2. catman938

catman938 Engaging Member

iam having a skan this year, don't know which one yet, have to and see whats about, always wanted one so iam having one.............:)

3. surrey shooter

surrey shooter Donator

I like the vermy too. And was thinking of getting one but to expensive for a ratting gun. So thought the money that would cost I could get an ultra se and nightvision.

4. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

A well sorted Rapid. Mine is 1991 and I can see no reason to change it - a bit of fettling could make it even better, one of BB's titanium nitrided valves for instance and other custom made bits for the inside. It still amazes me every time I go out.

5. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

you need to have a hold there horrible ..... a scope doesn't seem to line up with your body right with the mk2,s and mk1,s are worse plastic rubbish

they are the ultimate garbage

6. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Theoben mfr for me, I have one and love it

Its light ish, compact, easy to work on, loads of shots and it's in .20 :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  7. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

solid choice ;) easy to service will last years and years

I had the theoben epr the actual one featured in airgun world

now that was good

but you know what now I have a hw100 and its good very good .....

them vermys though had a good few and everything went wrong with them ,even when right there graunchy mags ,sticking cocking levers ...reminds me of a hatsan put together in 12 minutes ,just rough guns that wont last

8. tonyscfc2

tonyscfc2 Engaging Member

My Brocock concept standard 6 is all the air rifle I need ultra accurate 60+ shots and light.

9. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

A john bowketized bsa s10 carbine!

That's the rifle that made me turn my head and pick up an air rifle magazine.

I wish I hadn't:D

10. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

That Evanix Rainstorm that's been posted a few times looks cool and sci-fi. Not sure I'll ever get one but it seems a tidy bit of kit by all accounts.

11. hydride

hydride Active Member

Get your hands on a verminator bro. Good rifle.

[video=youtube;QJM4t1ys7wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJM4t1ys7wc[/video]

12. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

Mate i had a verminator mk1 for about 2 years, was the best pcp ive had and wish i had never sold it.

I didnt sell it out of not liking the gun, i stopped shooting all together. Loads of other guys on here who have owned one will tell the the same thing. If i could have mine back tomorrow i would.

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. Big Bill

Big Bill Engaging Member

The rifle looks the nuts jonnyovy,

14. Big Bill

Big Bill Engaging Member

I thought we might have had some daystates mentioned

15. Comrade Stumpy

Comrade Stumpy Active Member

The ISP Airstream, hand made action in a Gary Cane stock. The only problem now I've got one where would I go next as virtually anything would be a step backwards. Though a Spartan looks nice :)

16. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

Has to be the HW100 K for me, i own a lot of PCP's including the high end stuff, and for me the HW100 has the edge on all of them, credit where it's due, and for me it's certainly the ultimate rifle ;)

17. Alexdermietzel

Alexdermietzel Keyboard Hero

Walther lg300 dominator for me! Would also like a weihrauch hw77k autumn laminate, a vermi mk2 and a Bsa s10 fully left-handed (if they existed).

walther_dominator_lg300_air_rifle.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  18. warrenater

warrenater Donator

The one i never want to part with is my theoben rapid mk 2 it runs at 30 ft lb ben taylor reg standard stock which i love cos it just fits and most times the daystate stays locked in the cabinet .atb gary.

19. bren

bren Busy Member

.50 cal dragon slayer ..... its .50 cal is reason enough really lol

20. walker

walker Busy Member

a walnut 77k in .20
    a .30 rapid running a proven fx barrel. I reckon that would be proper naughty.
    and a .20 tx200. mates got one in .177 fully standard and it shoots amazing. just wish the loading breach was on the other side:(