1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Uks Cheapest .25 Pcp

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Robert-K, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Robert-K

Robert-K Newbie

Hi,

First post here.

I shoot other rifles and shotguns, etc, and have for many years, but I have a specific "air rifle" question.

What is the UK's cheapest sub 12 ft.lb PCP air rifle that si currently available? There do not seem to be many on websites, and the second hand gun sites don't seem to have much available other than FAC rated ones.

Any suggestions (and stockists) would be most welcomed.

T.I.A.

Rob

2. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woody Woodgate

Can I ask why a .25? Wouldn’t a .22 be just as good :shrug:.

3. Lukeypoodle

Lukeypoodle Posting Addict

Probably a Hatsan of some sort.

4. Neil54

Neil54 Donator

Springer or PCP.

I bought my springer from spain.

Cost £150 by the time you made the purchase up to £135 and paid duty.

5. Paul-t-b

Paul-t-b Busy Member

So is it .25 you are after.

It’s not really an ideal calibre in sub 12 due to the pellet weight. In the US they would look at .22 as the minimum with .25 and .30 as good options as they are not restricted on power but for the uk market it’s not going to be a popular choice.

I never think approaching buying something based upon the cheapest available is ideal. £200 spent on a bad gun is a waste, better to buy something that’s reliable and accurate.

If you are considering .25 for hitting power you will get lots of members on here who have gone from .22 to .177 and have found it a much better calibre for them in sub 12. ( though the discussion on 177 v 22 will go on for ever and has been done to death )

Peter Mulhearn likes this.
  6. Paul-t-b

Paul-t-b Busy Member

Welcome by the way !

7. Lostkiwi

Lostkiwi Tomorrow will be a good day.

Cheapest PCP is probably the SMK PR900W at around £250 but its only .177 or .22

ibo7 likes this.
  8. Paul-t-b

Paul-t-b Busy Member

The cheapest .25 PCP I can think of is the SMK ARTEMIS P15 but it’s probably cheap because of its looks !!

9. sidney

sidney Big Poster

Despite what many say, .25 is a great, hard hitting calibre for sub 12 up to 30 yards. Anyone who has one will no doubt agree.
    I'd guess the cheapest would be an Ultra.

10. Paul-t-b

Paul-t-b Busy Member

I’ve never shot one but can well understand they have a certain hitting whack !

I did notice in my local gun shop that had a few tins of .25 pellets they were quite expensive ( same price for .22 500 tin compared to 200 for .25 )

11. chuggypop

chuggypop Marmite - I'm undecided.

Looks are subjective, but at under £400 with a 100+ shot count, Titanium cylinder, Regulated, weighs less than my wife's left t*t, built in shroud and more accurate than the vast majority of us mere mortals will ever be, what else is there? Superb if you get a good one or like to fettle.

Ronmay likes this.
  12. Lostkiwi

Lostkiwi Tomorrow will be a good day.

Artemis M25 is available in .25 at £399 list.

13. rich79

rich79 No deep or funny comment here

The cheapest UK pcp in 25 is the Kral NP02 at £350ish, apparently available in this calibre but I've not seen one! ,but you'd have to order it in as 25 isn't a popular calibre.

ibo7 likes this.
  14. Bill.B

Bill.B Keyboard Hero

I disagree, it’s perfect for close up work in barns etc. and I won’t be using a smaller calibre any day soon. Been there done that already. :thumb:

15. Paul-t-b

Paul-t-b Busy Member

As I said earlier I have never shot one so I’m not really qualified to comment and I’m sure it has a hard whack.

To be honest I would be more concerned that someone buying their first PCP was buying thinking the larger the calibre the better. We all know each calibre has its place.

16. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward Donator

Anyone who ever says .25 is no good in sub 12flbs clearly hasn't used the cal effectively at all when I had mine ibwas shooting same distance as my .22 and .177 I own

17. Cove

Cove Engaging Member

Chest shot a pigeon at 4 yards with my 10.6 ft-lb HW77K and it went straight through it. I thought .25 wasn't supposed to pass through? :confused::eek::D

I didn't have to worry about the loopy trajectory for that shot though.

BrettMRC and Oat like this.
  18. davo

davo Engaging Member

I've got an Aselkon MX7 in .25 cal very accurate over the 25 yards I usually shoot at. Great fun for plinking, makes most targets fly, that was until 2 weeks ago when the reg started to creep.
    It's getting fixed by my rfd with a full service, I'm very much looking forward to it coming back I paid £395 for mine with a scope and a couple of tins of pellets.

ibo7 likes this.
  19. Ronmay

Ronmay Posting Addict

I didn't realise the P15 also has the titanium cylinder. I know my P10 does but the composition of the cylinder wasn't the dealmaker. If anything, the subjective ugliness was the appeal working on the "bird going out with fat, ugly mate to look better principle." It is so hideous to some it makes me look like prime Brad Pitt when I'm carrying it, whereas my Pro Sport turns me into Shrek. :rofl:

I don't have a .25, although I'd be quite happy to to go for one sub-12 in the future, especially for short range pest control as mentioned by others.

20. charleston

charleston Active Member

Now Now ask pigeon. It's not the size of it. It's what you do what you do with it.